Anyone NOT have problems with the Ranger?

briansco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
2019 XLT 4X4 with approx 26,000. Only issue was a screw was loose and plugged the drain under the evaporator coils of the AC causing it to leak into the floor board. Fixed under warranty and so far nothing besides 5000K oil changes. Would not recommend 10,000 as per the manual as I notice Fuel smell in the oil if I go more than 5000K and this is usual for Direct Injection I guess.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Davidjc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Retired LEO
I read all the messages of people having all kinds of problems with their ranger. Really discouraging. I have a 2020 Ranger XLT with 17k on it,

Anyone got a few miles on theirs without problems?
I have a 2021 lariat 4x4. Bought 1 year ago from a dealership with 13,000 miles. No problem yet.

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
I read all the messages of people having all kinds of problems with their ranger. Really discouraging. I have a 2020 Ranger XLT with 17k on it,

I've got 22,000 on my 2022 and I'm very happy with it. Love the truck. My only bitch is my Hankook tires have developed some noise when half worn, no biggee I planned on not using that tire again.
I have an XLT, 4x4, FX4, 302A, tech package, Tow, Splash. Everything works as it should. And I've gotten 28mpg on a trip, avg daily 22-24. What's not to like?

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
I've got a 2020 XLT Supercrew and have 105,000 kms with 30,000 pulling a 6500 lb travel trailer. Only issue was the heater box which warrenty paid for. Other than that, plugs at 100 kms and will need back brake pads in the spring. I love this truck and yes there are a few are duds out there but every Ranger owner I have talked to in person loves their truck too. Way more good than bad.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I just got my used 2019 Ranger FX4 with 28,000 miles. Had a clean car Fax, within the first weeks the heater blend door motor went bad (2 day fix) the fuel pressure sensor in the gas tank went bad and now the Trans is Jerky for the first mile then shifts ok. There is a TSB out for the Trans so I'll get that update. I got the truck to tow behind my MH, not overly impressed so far.

conductor

First Name
Rog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
retired
This! 40,000 miles on my personal 2019 and no issues whatsoever. Love it.

We're currently debating picking up a used XL/XLT for business local show use — that or the updated 2024 or Lightning.
I have a 20/20 XLT four-wheel drive Super Cab. I've had no problems with it except for Ford replacing the rear axle seal under warranty, other than that it's been perfect and it goes like hell.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
I purchased my 2019 Lariat 4x4 from Enterprise Car Rental in June of 2020. It had 17,000 miles on it. Now it has 95,000 miles on it. I have put one set of tires on it and regular oil changes. Changed the brakes for the first time last month and honestly, only one pad needed to be replaced. No real problems or issues. I had the dreaded dash wrench show up once, but when restarted it went away and hasn't come back yet. Think it was a battery issue. I like my Ranger and would buy another one tomorrow if needed.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

Purchased 12/2019.
I now have 42,000 trouble free miles. Knock on wood!!
Daily driver. Tow a 4,000 lbs trailer about 6,000 miles annually easily. Mountains and flatlands.
i use Mobil 1 synthetic and filters, changing oil 5-6000 miles.
19-13 miles towing, mpg. Normal city-country driving, 22-29 mpg.
I’m hoping this Ranger is my last truck and is as dependable as my previous Chevy products!!!!!

Good to you!!!!
Kemo Sabe

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I'd hate to jinx myself but here goes anyway.
2022 XL supercab, STX and FX2 package.
I love this thing. Love. It. 21,xxx miles. Bought new in 10/22. Ordered through dealer. 6 month wait.

1. Noticed a very little bit of water in the passenger floorboard one morning. About the size of a silver dollar. Remote started it and let it run for a couple minutes before getting in and noticing it. First start and drive of the day. Hasn't done it since. No idea where it came from.

2. Piece of sand or debris in the paint from the factory. Didn't notice it for a couple months. On the hood, in the middle, close to the windshield. Looks like a pimple. I've just left it alone.

3. My sync/radio screen has frozen up twice. I don't have the touch screen, just the little stock XL version. Had to turn off and restart the truck to fix it.

4. Bluetooth sometimes, rarely acts weird. Not a huge deal and nothing I really worry about. Sometimes voice command doesn't understand me when giving dial commands. That gets frustrating, especially when I say, "Call home" and the truck responds with, "calling Kevin" lol.

5. Transmission shifted weirdly into fourth gear once but it was extremely cold. Like -4 F cold.

6. Every so often the FordPass app remote start doesn't work. Very rarely does that. Since the last update it hasn't done that.

Otherwise, so far so good. My gripes are extremely minor. Transmission has been great (except that one incident), HVAC system works flawlessly (again, the simple manual version), no water in spark plug well #4, my oil doesn't smell like gas.

Hopefully this continues.

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT

28k on my 2021. No issues other than having to replace the gasoline in the storage tank about twice a week. Seems like it all goes away after 250-300 miles of driving. Joking aside, it's been extremely reliable! Hoping there aren't any surprises after the warranty expires in 2,000 miles.

SparkyRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I love my 2020 XLT SCrew. I bought it not quite a year ago with 6k miles and now its just over 30k. I'm an electrical contractor and it gets me, my tools, and materials around to job sites great. If I don't have enough room inside it pulls my enclosed trailer like it isn't even there, other than the fuel consumption. :LOL:

The only issue I can think of is a few times the volume control gets stuck changing the "prompt volume" and wont go back to normal without restarting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I think it's related to turning the knob at the wrong time.

Just changing oil and rotating tires. I have a PPE transmission pan and Fitz dipstick to install when I get a chance to service the transmission soon.

malsonb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 sport
I

I have a 2019 with 96,000 on it. I had a spark plug go bad. Other than that just normal maintenance.

XRANGER2019

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SPORT 4X4
Occupation
HYDRAULIC TECH

38,000 and not a single problem

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I'm curious what you did that fixed it?
The day I changed my transfer case and rear diff fluid it all disappeared. I don't know which one actually fixed it because I did them both at the same time. I noticed the difference simply backing out of my garage. It's been about 25 000 miles ago and still running smoothly. I'm assuming it's the transfer case fluid because my increased torque in 4L easily tripled. It pulls itself, like the crawler gear in the Bronco does. I can get out and walk beside it as moves lol. It didn't do that with the factory juice in it.
I've never been a fan of factory fluids, now I'm even skeptical of the junk ones they use during assembly and/or on the assembly line.
Sponsored