Anyone NOT have problems with the Ranger?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I read all the messages of people having all kinds of problems with their ranger. Really discouraging. I have a 2020 Ranger XLT with 17k on it,

Anyone got a few miles on theirs without problems?
When you join a forum for any vehicle, you will always only hear about problems. No one joins a forum to say "I haven't had any problems, my truck works great". That being said, I'm at 48000 miles and I've only had a MAF sensor fail. Knock on wood. I'm fairly built, so I put more stress on my truck than most.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
The only issue with my 21' has been a speaker plug loose in the drivers door. But I don't have enough miles on it (5500) to tell yet. But it has been towed behind my M/H for 15K.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
2020 with 22k miles here. So far luckily only 1 transmission issue not shifting into gear - right after I gave it a thorough power washing underneath to remove salt/slag. Well, also wife complaining about cold air blowing out the passenger side instead of heat - but pretty certain that was because she had set the temp @ 66 degrees... :whew: :facepalm:

DockTailors

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.docktailors.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
When you join a forum for any vehicle, you will always only hear about problems. No one joins a forum to say "I haven't had any problems, my truck works great". That being said, I'm at 48000 miles and I've only had a MAF sensor fail. Knock on wood. I'm fairly built, so I put more stress on my truck than most.
This! 40,000 miles on my personal 2019 and no issues whatsoever. Love it.

We're currently debating picking up a used XL/XLT for business local show use — that or the updated 2024 or Lightning.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Closing in on 46k. No real issues. I had the brakes bled under warranty because they were mushy. That helped a lot. Funny side note, I just recently got the truck back with new tires and oil change, the brakes felt even a little better. Not sure why.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
@Colo_Ranger basically nailed it. Think of it this way. Ford has produced about 370,000 5g Rangers in the USA if this random internet source is accurate.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 10.40.34 AM.png

So how many active members do we have on here? How many active members with nothing but problems?

If you think about the whole of Ranger production existing in a funnel, you're hanging out in the filter at the bottom. The people here are either deranged car nuts like me or folks trying to solve a problem - so of course it's going to seem like nothing but problems around here.

Compare all Rangers made vs. the ones with issues around here and I think it's a decent quality result for Ford.

Oh and 1.5 years owned, 23k miles, 0 issues.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
2022 with 5k miles and no major problems. Only thing I think may be coming is transmission problems because it just isn't shifting right anymore. I bought the extended warranty with no deductible so not worried. Any vehicle being mass produced post pandemic can have failures so it's not just Rangers.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
2019 here with 28k on it. Only issue was a failed battery replaced under warranty. Otherwise trouble free. Pulls my 4200 lb camper just fine.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
My 21 was trouble free until 40k, then the driveshaft center bearing took a crap and it started leaking water into the cab.

Promptly traded it for a 23 bronco... which also leaks water into the cab 🙂 its got a single piece shaft though so.. at least there's that.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
2021 with 15K miles, mostly short trips with occasional 200 mile round trips to visit my children and one 5K round trip to visit my sister. So far no issues, no recalls and I still love it. If I take it easy, I get 25 mpg on the freeway going 65-70.
Sponsored