Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
Anybody planning to lower their 2019 ranger?
Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
And isn't that the reason they make running boards?

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Nice going old school 80's mini truck with the new Ranger. I bet with that sexy body it would look good lowered.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be lowering mine (4x4), but I will be adding or upgrading the rear anti-sway bar. The rear sway bar on my Ram was a little hollow tube.....so I replaced it with a solid Hellwig unit. WOW !!! What a difference !! And I only had it on the "medium" setting. Best suspension mod bang for the buck !!!

OP
OP

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
I’m planning on hitting some trails and driving in snow so I went with fx4, but this would make an awesome race truck

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Anybody planning to lower their 2019 ranger?
If i end up in one I probably will. And if it drives as well as I hope I'll be in one very soon. I won't drop it a lot but just enough to bring it back to a normal midsize truck height. Maybe one inch on the front and two to three on the rear.

It did look like the rear suspension is axle over spring so it should be a very easy drop block mod for the rear. Just hoping someone comes up with a spring for the front and maybe some shocks/struts with better control to compensate for the drop.

I use my truck for work but being able to improve it's handling and function are helpful to me. A two or three inch drop on the rear does wonders when you have to load things often and being able to brake and corner as well as the average sedan is a huge plus.

The alignment helps also. I have my current Dakota set with a street focused alignment. Zero toe, about 3/4 degrees negative camber and almost 7 degrees caster. With a 1-3 drop, rear swaybar and 285-50r20 tires it actually handles better than you think it should.

OP
OP

blackdog

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 f150 flareside
If I had the money I’d buy a second screw 4x2 xl and drop it and throw a bigger inter cooler plus the Borla exhaust
If i end up in one I probably will. And if it drives as well as I hope I'll be in one very soon. I won't drop it a lot but just enough to bring it back to a normal midsize truck height. Maybe one inch on the front and two to three on the rear.

It did look like the rear suspension is axle over spring so it should be a very easy drop block mod for the rear. Just hoping someone comes up with a spring for the front and maybe some shocks/struts with better control to compensate for the drop.

I use my truck for work but being able to improve it's handling and function are helpful to me. A two or three inch drop on the rear does wonders when you have to load things often and being able to brake and corner as well as the average sedan is a huge plus.

The alignment helps also. I have my current Dakota set with a street focused alignment. Zero toe, about 3/4 degrees negative camber and almost 7 degrees caster. With a 1-3 drop, rear swaybar and 285-50r20 tires it actually handles better than you think it should.

sweet, this engine is a beast and being able to handle like a car would be really fun. after seeing the gains that people have been getting out of their 2.3s on the mustangs and focuses im really looking forward to seeing what some of these guys will do with the ranger.

Tomsriv

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Magnum RT (345 V8), 1971 Buick Riviera (455 V8)
I'm surprised I can't find a kit searching the web. I assume it is the same as the world wide Ranger. But people in other countries with less paved roads probably never do it.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My 2001 Ranger is an Edge 2WD It sets higher than most of its contemporaries,
so the ride height on the new one feels about right.
I'm Sure it would be fun though,and you can bet there will be a bunch of aftermarket stuff real soon.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
My 2001 Ranger is an Edge 2WD It sets higher than most of its contemporaries,
so the ride height on the new one feels about right.
I'm Sure it would be fun though,and you can bet there will be a bunch of aftermarket stuff real soon.
Yep, liked the stance of the one I had.......

IMG_0418.JPG

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I had plans to lower mine when I get one... but that was when I expected to be able to buy a 2WD Ranger. The lack of 2WD in Canada is also what’s kept me from placing my order!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing how high the rear end sits, I think lowering the rear 2" with a shackle would make it look better, and definitely handle better. The pics on the "Build It" page make it look like it's almost level, compared to the actual trucks.

Does anyone know what the inside dimension of the 4th Gen Ranger shackles are ? Or the width of the leaf spring eye ? It would be nice if they were the same, since a 2" lowering shackle is already available.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Belltech gave me a no plans to build a kit but that really depends on how many people contact them about it.

IHM in Texas is undecided but said if someone brought one by so they could look at the stock layout they might come up with something if it isn't overly complicated.

At anyone in Texas wanting a level or lowering kit should swing by there so they can have a quick look.

3824 N. Abram Rd Palmview, TX
PH:956-424-6901

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing the pic below, it rules out a simple drop shackle for the rear of the leaf spring :frown: Not sure about the front attachment point...
28fed5c8-004b-49ba-9af5-01f85719dc9b-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored