Alpharex PRO Review

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Since a few people have asked questions/for more information, I figured I'd go ahead and write up a short review with a bunch of pics.

I ordered the Alpharex PRO series in Alpha black. My main reason for going with the pro series over the Luxx was to avoid startup animation on the Luxx and Nova series and I wanted to have replaceable LEDs. The PRO come with H7 halogen bulbs. On arrival, I installed a set of Aukee 90w 16,000 lumen bulbs that are 6000k color temp. It was tight, but the dust covers went on with relative ease. My grand total into these lights including shipping, tax, etc. was $639. They are direct plug and play.

I did choose to wire up the DRL harness. It requires no modification to the truck, just an add-a-fuse.

The beam pattern is fantastic. Even with LEDs in the halogen projectors, the cutoff is unaffected. Light output is great and it's MILES ahead of stock and Lariat that I've seen. The unlock/startup animation is a quick flash of white, followed by a single sequential sweep of amber, then the DRLs stay white. The lock animation is a single amber sweep.

Just to go over the modes when the headlight selector is in different positions

OFF - DRLs max brightness
Parking lights - DRLs dim, parking lights on
Low beams - DRLs dim, low beams on
Auto - DRLs dim, low beams running at reduced power when it's daylight

Before - next to the stock lights.

vdjYzQU.jpg

During install

D67FxAA.jpg

Testing the first light

W8nbKBY.jpg

A few shots on the truck

kOHHAVh.jpg

8oShW5l.jpg

NrqGAxt.jpg

Here's the startup animation

All of my lights

E0ousd9.jpg

Now for the actual lights!

YtYwbAB.jpg

tCXEk6E.jpg

DRLs only
tNfxz69.jpg

Low beams
h9o8oTk.jpg

High beams
DasllKK.jpg

Lows - light cutoff on my gate
7pGnIao.jpg

Low beams on the road -
ThcJ0Y1.jpg

And high beams on the road
kETFVB0.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So the lower bar DRL is also your turn signal in amber? Is it sequential or just a blinking bar? They look awesome and once again I see more mods coming

2D959947-FB3A-484C-BBF7-3905014BD9B6.gif

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So the lower bar DRL is also your turn signal in amber? Is it sequential or just a blinking bar? They look awesome and once again I see more mods coming

2D959947-FB3A-484C-BBF7-3905014BD9B6.gif
Correct, it's an LED switchback that is white when DRLs are on and it is a sequential amber signal when the blinker or hazards are on.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
That looks great. I don't think there's a better setup for our Rangers. Did you use the Aukees in the fogs as well and what influenced that decision to go with those?

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
That looks great. I don't think there's a better setup for our Rangers. Did you use the Aukees in the fogs as well and what influenced that decision to go with those?
I have Auxitos in the fog lights. The Auxitos were known to fit factory fogs, that's why I used those. Since no one had swapped the PRO halogen bulbs for LEDs, I didn't have any idea what would or would not work but it ended up being a great fit. I just picked a set that looked decent and wasn't too pricey

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thanks for doing this! Been waiting to see what the cutoff of the pros looked like with LEDs. The startup sequence was a turnoff for me with the Luxx, as well as non-replacable bulbs.

They look amazing. There goes more money. ?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Since a few people have asked questions/for more information, I figured I'd go ahead and write up a short review with a bunch of pics.

I ordered the Alpharex PRO series in Alpha black. My main reason for going with the pro series over the Luxx was to avoid startup animation on the Luxx and Nova series and I wanted to have replaceable LEDs. The PRO come with H7 halogen bulbs. On arrival, I installed a set of Aukee 90w 16,000 lumen bulbs that are 6000k color temp. It was tight, but the dust covers went on with relative ease. My grand total into these lights including shipping, tax, etc. was $639. They are direct plug and play.

I did choose to wire up the DRL harness. It requires no modification to the truck, just an add-a-fuse.

The beam pattern is fantastic. Even with LEDs in the halogen projectors, the cutoff is unaffected. Light output is great and it's MILES ahead of stock and Lariat that I've seen. The unlock/startup animation is a quick flash of white, followed by a single sequential sweep of amber, then the DRLs stay white. The lock animation is a single amber sweep.

Lows - light cutoff on my gate
7pGnIao.jpg
Now if only the OEM Lariat cutoff was this nice..... :confused:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So question. With a factory XLT the orange running lights (on the headlights) are on and get brighter at different times like hitting the lock button with your key fob. How do the LEDs do this on the Alpha Rex? Do they get brighter as well then go back to regular?

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So question. With a factory XLT the orange running lights (on the headlights) are on and get brighter at different times like hitting the lock button with your key fob. How do the LEDs do this on the Alpha Rex? Do they get brighter as well then go back to regular?
they don't. The amber does its sequence then turns to the DRL (white when unlocked) or turns off (when locked). The amber side marker on the corner of the light seems to stay the same brightness.

TeaWrecks

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Would you mind telling me the model number for the LED bulbs you put in? Would like to take a look a dimension or buy the same ones since the result is outstanding. My Tremor is on order and being an XLT, this is the first thing I'm doing on that truck.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase

Before - next to the stock lights.

vdjYzQU.jpg

During install

D67FxAA.jpg

Testing the first light

W8nbKBY.jpg

A few shots on the truck

kOHHAVh.jpg

8oShW5l.jpg

NrqGAxt.jpg

)
fantastic write up, I have had these sitting in my house in the box since launch, and for whatever reason have not installed them yet. I need to just bite the bullet and get them in. they really do look fantastic, and have great light output. Please link to the bulbs, and did you use them for both low and high beams(I saw a few different aukee 90w bulbs in the h7 size on amazon)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I am indifferent to the design of the DRL's on them, but I think the light output is amazing on these bad boys.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I have Auxitos in the fog lights. The Auxitos were known to fit factory fogs, that's why I used those. Since no one had swapped the PRO halogen bulbs for LEDs, I didn't have any idea what would or would not work but it ended up being a great fit. I just picked a set that looked decent and wasn't too pricey
some people have made the swap but the bulbs chosen were very expensive, I'm glad you were able to try out more of a midgrade bulb. they look fantastic.
Sponsored