How have you located junkyard parts? I need a window switch and new part is not available.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
-- EDIT 10/16/23: RESOLVED COURTESY OF PART AVAILABLE AT ROCK AUTO --

I've been trying to find a passenger-side power window switch (Ford part EB3Z-14529-AA) for my 2019 XLT 4-dr. Due to "supply chain shortages," strikes, the alignment of the planets, etc, Ford doesn't have any in stock, anywhere.

I tried locating parts from wrecked or salvaged 5th gen Rangers, but there doesn't seem to be a way to find any online, let alone ones with relatively intact and blood-free passenger doors. Using my friend Google, I can find *entire* wrecked trucks, and some junkyards have rudimentary online part-search capabilities, but so far no luck.

Other than calling every junkyard in & around San Diego, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Erik

1696620807641.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Have you tried simply googling that Ford part #...
I just did and numerous Ford parts sites come up....some dealers, some like OEM Parts Direct, ect.
Have you tried them all ? Can't believe that all of them would be out of that part.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Ebay, for the Ranger is the best place for used parts. I have always been a huge fan of Pick and Pull type yards, Have 5 in my area. But the 5G Ranger is rare (Nation Wide) to be on any of their lots.
Ebay will have used parts listed via the salvage yard.

RockAuto - Has a switch listed in stock - Front Passenger $36.79 (New) Wells WVE 1S15629

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
I just did and numerous Ford parts sites come up....some dealers, some like OEM Parts Direct, ect.
Have you tried them all ? Can't believe that all of them would be out of that part.
Did the same thing, except in ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186078057324?hash=item2b531dd36c:g:iZMAAOSw4T9lAZrN&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4AA2qWhZi7dNSPeLXOlhWGrAUTDJCrdBmaej+gwQtBr+tlH6ZsGq07C2Vt9tZ1Qyorls5y4+pwDikI3jWgo/uMJRm+vmqXexmgsJVBOE2FzeIiQ/udYePsTheBdEL80AyWh2TWFfeN4f5lts/2OzTIu/SEZXETQUPno5VOClsYEOIh5ORlmZbv54EK61EQQynEEibEh1zL54UpFBgtZkYv/DQaqgxU/UHfNYc6RAdUxDAhEm601mn84kGTqiU4YCZHFTVgVRlIFZ+nJBbK9m/CB2eKsV5CYtvwYZ33m1zQHh|tkp:BFBMyJ-N6-Bi

In my experience (with VW parts anyway), could be different among the different manufacturers, but you can't always trust "xx parts website" that comes up with a part you're looking for when they say it's in stock. A lot of times (not all) they say its in stock, you place the order, then a week later, "sorry this item is out of stock email" lol. Hell, we have had customers trying to by old part numbers online because the superseded numbers are more expensive...and the website lets them :mad:. Beyond frustrating!!

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes, Ford OEM Parts Direct, shows in stock as well, for me they are local, so I usually order from them and pick it up, so no shipping fees. Plus, they generally beat any online price, my closest dealer sucks as far as pricing on parts - MARKUP, MARKUP, MARKUP.
As for my LED headlamps as an example that markup was to a tune of $600.00 Ea. and they came from the same shelf at the same warehouse, location.

OP
OP
Erik

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Yeah... and they all give me the same response after placing the order about it not being in stock and they can't get it.

OP
OP
Erik

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Wells WVE 1S15629
Wow, there it is! THANKS!
Did the same thing, except in ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186078057324?hash=item2b531dd36c:g:iZMAAOSw4T9lAZrN&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4AA2qWhZi7dNSPeLXOlhWGrAUTDJCrdBmaej+gwQtBr+tlH6ZsGq07C2Vt9tZ1Qyorls5y4+pwDikI3jWgo/uMJRm+vmqXexmgsJVBOE2FzeIiQ/udYePsTheBdEL80AyWh2TWFfeN4f5lts/2OzTIu/SEZXETQUPno5VOClsYEOIh5ORlmZbv54EK61EQQynEEibEh1zL54UpFBgtZkYv/DQaqgxU/UHfNYc6RAdUxDAhEm601mn84kGTqiU4YCZHFTVgVRlIFZ+nJBbK9m/CB2eKsV5CYtvwYZ33m1zQHh|tkp:BFBMyJ-N6-Bi

In my experience (with VW parts anyway), could be different among the different manufacturers, but you can't always trust "xx parts website" that comes up with a part you're looking for when they say it's in stock. A lot of times (not all) they say its in stock, you place the order, then a week later, "sorry this item is out of stock email" lol. Hell, we have had customers trying to by old part numbers online because the superseded numbers are more expensive...and the website lets them :mad:. Beyond frustrating!!
I went to eBay and found all kinds of power window switches, including the driver-side cluster of switches for the 5g, but no passenger one (same as back seat ones).

OP
OP
Erik

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Ebay, for the Ranger is the best place for used parts. I have always been a huge fan of Pick and Pull type yards, Have 5 in my area. But the 5G Ranger is rare (Nation Wide) to be on any of their lots.
Ebay will have used parts listed via the salvage yard.

RockAuto - Has a switch listed in stock - Front Passenger $36.79 (New) Wells WVE 1S15629
Yep, there it is! THANKS! I had just placed an order with Tasca Parts for the elusive Ford switch. If they get back to me with the usual Not Available message, I will order from RockAuto. Great to see that someone other than Ford is making these parts, and thanks for cluing me in to Rock Auto for future reference!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
You can possibly open up your switch and see where its bad , lots of the time its just gummed up (dog slobbers perhaps ?)

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
I lived in San Diego for 35 years, still own a home there. Take a half day and head down the 805 turning east prior to the border. There are a numerous junk yards to the west of Brown Field with thousands of vehicles. With any luck you should be able to find your switch. Good luck.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda lost faith in RockAuto when I had my Corvair, RA listed a Radiator Cap for my Corvair -- which for the younger crowd, was AIR COOLED!!
Interesting, although I'm not sure you can blame RA for that goof up. There are companies who do all the part cross referencing, etc - one of them probably messed it up. I've been pretty amazed at what parts they can still source for my 73 Capri, which is a bit of a unicorn due to the 2.6 engine (only made for 2 years). I've never had a problem with parts from RA not fitting correctly.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
OP
OP
Erik

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valicom.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Well, my Tasca order is a no-go, per this email:

"Part EB3Z14529AA is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We do not currently have this item in stock at our warehouse and are unable to acquire it at this time. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes the demand for certain parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies. I apologize for the inconvenience. Would you like me to remove this part, refund the difference in price and shipping, and fill the rest of your order?"

Rock Auto, next up!