What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Jesus. I was stating my opinion as that is the whole point of this thread.
First of all, how dare you? Second, what's up with your auto window not working? Did you spill something on it or do anything else to it? I haven't heard anything about the window switches going bad... yet.
Sponsored

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
First of all, how dare you? Second, what's up with your auto window not working? Did you spill something on it or do anything else to it? I haven't heard anything about the window switches going bad... yet.
I installed the Kicker speaker upgrade from Stage 3 last week and installed sound deadener in the doors. I guess disconnecting the window switch caused the auto function to stop working. I ran across another post that instructed rolling the window all the way down and then rolling up (w switch in the auto up position) and holding it for 2-3 seconds after the window was up. This reset the system and now it works again!
BTW: Sound deadener was a great call. Quieter and the doors don't make that annoying ping when I slam them. Speaker upgrade was a disappointment. Cleaner sound but less bass. I will be looking for a subwoofer.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Although I would have really liked heated steering wheel, cooled seats, auto passenger window, and power to the other-wise (mostly) useless rear slider window, my biggest gripe is the removal of convex mirrors which Ford had done a wonderful job of incorporating into their side mirrors for the last decade. My F150 didn't come with them, and I was jealous but had stick-ons. I was looking forward to the cleaner look of integrated convex mirrors on the Ranger, and was really disappointed when I realized they aren't even an option. I couldn't care less about the lane assist system and light, leave it if they want but lower the light to the bottom corner and put the convex mirror back where it belong in the upper outside corner of both side mirrors.

As is I will be adding stick-ons on the Ranger now too, but the bright side is they will cover the lane change idiot lights.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Although I would have really liked heated steering wheel, cooled seats, auto passenger window, and power to the other-wise (mostly) useless rear slider window, my biggest gripe is the removal of convex mirrors which Ford had done a wonderful job of incorporating into their side mirrors for the last decade. My F150 didn't come with them, and I was jealous but had stick-ons. I was looking forward to the cleaner look of integrated convex mirrors on the Ranger, and was really disappointed when I realized they aren't even an option. I couldn't care less about the lane assist system and light, leave it if they want but lower the light to the bottom corner and put the convex mirror back where it belong in the upper outside corner of both side mirrors.

As is I will be adding stick-ons on the Ranger now too, but the bright side is they will cover the lane change idiot lights.
was that for 2020? I have the lowly XL trim and it came with those awesome mirrors.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
was that for 2020? I have the lowly XL trim and it came with those awesome mirrors.
It is a 20, but it was March this year, when they told me they don't come for Rangers at all. I'll be looking it again this week, and may change mine out. I put 3 inch round on it today, and they work awesome, but look less than awesome.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
found driver side part number
Mirror Glass - Ford (KB3Z-17K707-d)

passenger
Mirror Glass - Ford (KB3Z-17K707-f)

says they fit 2020
Sponsored

Last edited: