First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 2010 Mustang GT 'vert
Occupation
Retired Navy
Had the Ranger Supercrew FX4 since December 2020, and it has been a great vehicle.

But, now having five granddaughters, ages 8, 7, 4, 1, and 3 months, the rear seat just is not big enough anymore.

Sold the Ranger (at 36k miles) to Carmax for $32k and bought a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, the one with a 3rd row. I have had several Jeeps before, and they are great vehicles, too.

If anyone can use five Bronco wheels/tires or an Extang solid fold tonneau cover, I know where some are for sale.

I have enjoyed the forum. Good Luck everybody!

Steve
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Good luck with the new Fiat you got. I understand needing the room, probably could have found something else to suit it better. Ever aince the Fiat Takeover in 2010 the quality has gone out the window.

Old NaCl

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
Jeep quality wasn't that great in 98.
Wrangler sport, with a dash that would not work in Pa august heat. Dealers never could fix the issue.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good luck with the new Fiat you got. I understand needing the room, probably could have found something else to suit it better. Ever aince the Fiat Takeover in 2010 the quality has gone out the window.
I didn't have my Jeep long enough to confirm and I know a lot of people say this but my friends wife has owned 2 of these now and has great luck with hers. She usually puts around 80K on them and has only done routine maintenance and hasn't had any major problems. My friends a die hard Ford guy and has only owned F150's and he loves the Grand Cherokee too. Maybe she just got lucky twice?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Had the Ranger Supercrew FX4 since December 2020, and it has been a great vehicle.

But, now having five granddaughters, ages 8, 7, 4, 1, and 3 months, the rear seat just is not big enough anymore.

Sold the Ranger (at 36k miles) to Carmax for $32k and bought a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, the one with a 3rd row. I have had several Jeeps before, and they are great vehicles, too.

If anyone can use five Bronco wheels/tires or an Extang solid fold tonneau cover, I know where some are for sale.

Steve
Good luck with the Jeep... and enjoy the grandkids!!!!!!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Steve
Happy trails, buddy!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Good luck with the Grand Cherokee, Steve. Your lifestyle may be different than ours; we also have 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 year-old GC's, We leased a 2015 3-row Flex for awhile, but we found that we never took more than two of them at time, so at lease end we got an Escape which led to the Ranger SuperCab. Now it's our kids' turn to buy the three row-er's: an Armada, a Suburban, and a Palisade!

Last edited:

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have my Jeep long enough to confirm and I know a lot of people say this but my friends wife has owned 2 of these now and has great luck with hers. She usually puts around 80K on them and has only done routine maintenance and hasn't had any major problems. My friends a die hard Ford guy and has only owned F150's and he loves the Grand Cherokee too. Maybe she just got lucky twice?
My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD is about to cross 233k miles and I tow with it regularly (even used it to tow my Ranger home from Granger, which was 500 miles away). But, it's got a Mercedes Sprinter engine and SRT transmission in it. I just charge fluids in it. I'll be getting rid of it next year as I don't need it anymore, but it's been a really good vehicle for me.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Jeep quality wasn't that great in 98.
Wrangler sport, with a dash that would not work in Pa august heat. Dealers never could fix the issue.
I have to ask, how does a dash not work? They just kind of sit there. If they serve another purpose let us know. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck Steve - I'm sure you and the grandkids will all love the new ride.

All the best!
Sponsored