First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Lee...Just saw your thread. Curious if you have ever driven one of these new vehicles with ACC? I have it on my 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate. It has a way fancy pants radar system with pedestrian monitoring...lol. Anyway...I personally HATE the ACC! My system is really neat....you have pretty detailed control of the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. The big issue for me is when you are tooling down the interstate (which I do a lot) and your trying to stay out of the left lane and Mr. Troopers attention..it's slows you down every time you encounter a slower driver up ahead, so you have to stay in the left lane with a clear path in front of you all the time if you want uninterrupted driving. It's a REAL pain in the tail for me....lol. Just my opinion, I just wanted you to know what your getting into before you get in too deep ($$) on that. I definitely love the fact that I don't have ACC on my Ranger Lariat ;) but hey...I've been known to be weird.
To reply to your question, yes I have driven a vehicle with ACC, my wife's Mazda has it. Yes, it can be annoying in heavy traffic. If you've read my later posts you'll see I've given up because of the cost. I'm now thinking about rain sensing wipers, had them on my last vehicle and kind of miss them.
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
To reply to your question, yes I have driven a vehicle with ACC, my wife's Mazda has it. Yes, it can be annoying in heavy traffic. If you've read my later posts you'll see I've given up because of the cost. I'm now thinking about rain sensing wipers, had them on my last vehicle and kind of miss them.
Sorry I didn't read all the way through your thread. I do like the rain sensing wipers idea. I have that on the Kona too and love it. Just have to remember to turn it off of auto before entering the car wash...lol.

mrjdubyou

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Velocity Blue
I just recently got a 2021 Ranger XLT with regular CC and I'd like to look more into adding ACC later. Did someone find the harness for the bumper and where to get the sensor and bracket that can share the link? I saw the Tasca link for the steering wheel buttons.

Update: I found pretty much all the parts on the ford site referencing the upgraded model, but does anyone have any clue on how the wiring harness gets installed or where it runs to? The picture wasn't super descriptive on that.

Front Parking Sensors.png

ACC Diagram.png

Last edited:

Crispus

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I just recently got a 2021 Ranger XLT with regular CC and I'd like to look more into adding ACC later. Did someone find the harness for the bumper and where to get the sensor and bracket that can share the link? I saw the Tasca link for the steering wheel buttons.

Update: I found pretty much all the parts on the ford site referencing the upgraded model, but does anyone have any clue on how the wiring harness gets installed or where it runs to? The picture wasn't super descriptive on that.

Front Parking Sensors.png

ACC Diagram.png
I too am looking to do this to my 2019 XLT The steering wheel buttons and the sensor are the easy parts to aquire. it is the harness I can't seem to find any info on. I.E. how it is routed where it plugs in exc...

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the Wiring Diagram for Cruise control. When I have time I will post what I can find about the harness. But be forewarned - just because you can buy the Adaptive Cruise harness does not mean the wires are there in the main harness.

This would be awesome if we could add this!
@mrjdubyou do you have a total cost for parts?

Also you guys might budy up with someone who already has ACC to see how wires etc run in the real world. Both the Fact manual/wire diagram and parts images have mistakes that dont match our trucks!

Attachments

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Can also be a little frustrating on the highway when you come up behind a slow poke and suddenly realize you are going 5 or 10 MPH slower than the speed limit and are getting passed by everyone in the fast lane. You still need to pay attention to traffic around you. I would like to add it but not at the cost of the parts new. I give it just a nice not a need.
You hit it right on. I have it on my 2020 Kona Ultimate and I hate it! You can't turn it off! I have the ability to change how close I get to the car I come upon but its a very limited setting. It's a pain in the arse when your just trying to get down the road on a long trip and slow traffic will keep holding you up. So it just depends on what kind of road driver you are. I would hate to spend all that money installing the ACC, just to find out you don't care for it.... ;)

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the buttons are different for regular and adaptive Cruise so May need to change buttons on that side.
There are three rocker switches associated with ACC. The outboard one is the Set+/Set-, the middle one controls the gap setting between you and the vehicle in front of you and the inboard one is the on/off/resume.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Problem I have seen for myself with other mods of this type is, your truck is wired from the factory only for the options purchased with it. Anything additional for the most part does not have wiring in place to support adding on in the main harnesses. You would need to add that as well for it to function. Then comes the cost of doing it. That all by itself will definitely get most to walk away unless there is a wreck you can get every part needed to transfer to your own ride.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Problem I have seen for myself with other mods of this type is, your truck is wired from the factory only for the options purchased with it. Anything additional for the most part does not have wiring in place to support adding on in the main harnesses. You would need to add that as well for it to function. Then comes the cost of doing it. That all by itself will definitely get most to walk away unless there is a wreck you can get every part needed to transfer to your own ride.
Agree it will be pricey and wiring will likely be difficult.
Pulling off junk yard wreck is a good idea - would need to do your homework up front to know what all to pull and where its located.

Crispus

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The price of this doesn't dissuade me from it.i have found "most" of the parts needed fairly cheap. It is a matter of if it is even possible.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
My wife’s Outback has ACC and I like it except in congested areas, out on the open road it’s great. You can turn it off on this car too but it doesn’t have the proximity alarms which are nice on my Ranger.
I wouldn’t mine adding it but it looks too pricey for that creature feature.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this, so I thought I would start a thread.

Has anyone added or attempted to add Adaptive Cruise Control to their truck? I have a MY2019 XLT. Do not currently have ACC, just standard CC, but would like to add it. I have AEB and Lane Keeping, so I have the camera up by the rear view mirror. I do not have the ACC radar sensor in the lower bumper. Is it as simple as adding the sensor and making some Forscan changes or is there more to it than that? Just started thinking about this and need to check into what the sensor and bracket costs and if the connector is there or if a harness is needed.
I'm going to attempt it.

Looking at the differences in FORSCAN:

BCM 726.13.01 xxxC xxxx xx xx Cruise Control: 8=normal CC, C=adaptive CC

SCCM 724-03-01 2xxx xxxx xx xx 2 Adaptive Cruise, otherwise 0
SCCM 724-02-01 7x2x x8xx xx xx Steering wheel control??

CCM 764-01-01 24-- ---- -- xx $ (24) in HEX followed by (1st 4 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-02 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-03 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-04 ---- ---- -- xx Last 3 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX) followed by 00 00
CCM 764-01-05 0000 00 71

IPC 720-01-01 xFxx xxxx xx xx F = Adaptive Cruise, C = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx 9x xx 9 = Adaptive Cruise, 5 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-02-02 xx8x xx xx 8 = Adaptive Cruise, 0 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-05-01 xx7x x1xx xx xx 7/6 , 1/0

There is no CCM in Non ACC Trucks, so this coding will be new and contained inside the JX7T-9G768-AC unit.

I bought a used radar unit off ebay and steering wheel button, harness from Tasca parts. I should have them in a few weeks. If it works I will have done it for less than $300 total.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm going to attempt it.

Looking at the differences in FORSCAN:

BCM 726.13.01 xxxC xxxx xx xx Cruise Control: 8=normal CC, C=adaptive CC

SCCM 724-03-01 2xxx xxxx xx xx 2 Adaptive Cruise, otherwise 0
SCCM 724-02-01 7x2x x8xx xx xx Steering wheel control??

CCM 764-01-01 24-- ---- -- xx $ (24) in HEX followed by (1st 4 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-02 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-03 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-04 ---- ---- -- xx Last 3 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX) followed by 00 00
CCM 764-01-05 0000 00 71

IPC 720-01-01 xFxx xxxx xx xx F = Adaptive Cruise, C = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx 9x xx 9 = Adaptive Cruise, 5 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-02-02 xx8x xx xx 8 = Adaptive Cruise, 0 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-05-01 xx7x x1xx xx xx 7/6 , 1/0

There is no CCM in Non ACC Trucks, so this coding will be new and contained inside the JX7T-9G768-AC unit.

I bought a used radar unit off ebay and steering wheel button, harness from Tasca parts. I should have them in a few weeks. If it works I will have done it for less than $300 total.

I am still awaiting the wiring harness as it was a special order item. I was going with the factory mount but decided I want to install a light bar in that slot. So I have purchased an aftermarket mount for the radar unit. It says the factory harness will reach it and at a price of just $42 seems like a win win.

Westin 58-40015 For Ford Ranger 2019-2020 (Accessory for Pro-Mod & Outlaw Front Bumper) Active Cruise Control Relocator

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Cant wait to hear how this goes!
Good Luck!
Not sure if you have factory wire diagrams, but I do and can help if needed.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
Goodluck hoping this works for you!
Sponsored