Adding Adaptive Cruise Control?

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I tried using ACC on a road trip this week. I probably should reread the instructions, but the issue I encountered was that when I was in the fast lane and was attempting to pass a car in the next lane over, it would slow me down to their speed. I expected that if I were to be behind the other car, but I was beside the car in the other lane.
Sponsored

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I tried using ACC on a road trip this week. I probably should reread the instructions, but the issue I encountered was that when I was in the fast lane and was attempting to pass a car in the next lane over, it would slow me down to their speed. I expected that if I were to be behind the other car, but I was beside the car in the other lane.
Is your suspension modified from stock? I.E. it sounds like the ACC needs to be recalibrated (which is the case after most levels/lifts).

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Is your suspension modified from stock? I.E. it sounds like the ACC needs to be recalibrated (which is the case after most levels/lifts).
Completely stock from that perspective. I had my lane keeping turned off so I wonder if both need to be on for it to work properly on passing?

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Completely stock from that perspective. I had my lane keeping turned off so I wonder if both need to be on for it to work properly on passing?
No. Lane keeping is independent. I would have the dealer recalibrate your ACC. Something is off.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
@daczone Dave
attached is what I could find - not as clear as I had hoped, but should help.
The connector at the CCM is C1582, the other end of this harness is C145. You can trace it further if needed from the diagram.
Happy modding!

Attachments

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
and steering wheel info

Attachments

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
@daczone Dave
attached is what I could find - not as clear as I had hoped, but should help.
The connector at the CCM is C1582, the other end of this harness is C145. You can trace it further if needed from the diagram.
Happy modding!

Thank You very much.... Awaiting the new harness and steering wheel button and I'll be ready to attempt it. Much appreciated.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I am still awaiting the wiring harness as it was a special order item. I was going with the factory mount but decided I want to install a light bar in that slot. So I have purchased an aftermarket mount for the radar unit. It says the factory harness will reach it and at a price of just $42 seems like a win win.

Westin 58-40015 For Ford Ranger 2019-2020 (Accessory for Pro-Mod & Outlaw Front Bumper) Active Cruise Control Relocator
I just wanted to give the group an update.

I received my harness and steering wheel switch from Tasca Parts and everything appears to be exactly as expected. I am just waiting for some slightly warmer weather to work in. We've had a lot of rain here in the Pacific Northwest. I ended up buying an aftermarket mount for the radar unit for 2 reasons. #1 Cost.... It was only $39 vs $200 for the Ford Unit and #2 I have a light bar that I am also going to install in the slot that would have blocked the factory location. It looks like I have to pull the bumper skin to install the harness, but this will give me the opportunity to mount the light bar firmly to the structure. I figure I will have to weld a mounting bracket of some sort.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's definitely functioning incorrectly. Mine resumes accelerating as soon as I begin changing lanes and isn't impacted by vehicles in other lanes.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Yeah it's definitely functioning incorrectly. Mine resumes accelerating as soon as I begin changing lanes and isn't impacted by vehicles in other lanes.
I've tested it since and have been able to make it work and also recreate the issue I experienced. It appears to work well until either I or the person in the other lane drifts too close to the dividing line between the lanes. At that point it slows you down like you were approaching the other car from behind. It may be actually functioning as designed in these scenarios , but I have only recreated this with me being in the fast lane.

CHrisin

First Name
Krzysztof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I just wanted to give the group an update.

I received my harness and steering wheel switch from Tasca Parts and everything appears to be exactly as expected. I am just waiting for some slightly warmer weather to work in. We've had a lot of rain here in the Pacific Northwest. I ended up buying an aftermarket mount for the radar unit for 2 reasons. #1 Cost.... It was only $39 vs $200 for the Ford Unit and #2 I have a light bar that I am also going to install in the slot that would have blocked the factory location. It looks like I have to pull the bumper skin to install the harness, but this will give me the opportunity to mount the light bar firmly to the structure. I figure I will have to weld a mounting bracket of some sort.
Needs to code module: PCM, BCM, IPMA, CCM, ABS, SCCM

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Any updates?
Is add-on adaptive cruise functioning on your rig, @daczone?

CHrisin

First Name
Krzysztof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I'm going to attempt it.

Looking at the differences in FORSCAN:

BCM 726.13.01 xxxC xxxx xx xx Cruise Control: 8=normal CC, C=adaptive CC

SCCM 724-03-01 2xxx xxxx xx xx 2 Adaptive Cruise, otherwise 0
SCCM 724-02-01 7x2x x8xx xx xx Steering wheel control??

CCM 764-01-01 24-- ---- -- xx $ (24) in HEX followed by (1st 4 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-02 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-03 ---- ---- -- xx Next 5 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX)
CCM 764-01-04 ---- ---- -- xx Last 3 VIN to ASCII (IN HEX) followed by 00 00
CCM 764-01-05 0000 00 71

IPC 720-01-01 xFxx xxxx xx xx F = Adaptive Cruise, C = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-01-02 xxxx 9x xx 9 = Adaptive Cruise, 5 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-02-02 xx8x xx xx 8 = Adaptive Cruise, 0 = Standard Cruise
IPC 720-05-01 xx7x x1xx xx xx 7/6 , 1/0

There is no CCM in Non ACC Trucks, so this coding will be new and contained inside the JX7T-9G768-AC unit.

I bought a used radar unit off ebay and steering wheel button, harness from Tasca parts. I should have them in a few weeks. If it works I will have done it for less than $300 total.
Hi, I'm attempting the same thing and I'm at the same stage as you.
So far I've figured out
(Last 2 values are always checksum. Forscan does them automatically)
IPC:
720-01-01 -> xFxx xxxx xxxx
IPMA:
706-02-01 -> xxxx xxxx 7Fxx
SCCM:
724-03-01 -> xxx4 xxxx xxxx
BCM:
726-13-01 -> xxxC xxxx xxxx
CCM:
VIN in ASCII to HEX format
ABS:
I'm currently working on this and trying to figure out how to do this.
So far I have:
760-02-01 <- ?
760-02-02 <- ?
760-03-01 <- Most likely responsible for ACC.

Hope this can be helpful.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Hi, I'm attempting the same thing and I'm at the same stage as you.
So far I've figured out
(Last 2 values are always checksum. Forscan does them automatically)
IPC:
720-01-01 -> xFxx xxxx xxxx
IPMA:
706-02-01 -> xxxx xxxx 7Fxx
SCCM:
724-03-01 -> xxx4 xxxx xxxx
BCM:
726-13-01 -> xxxC xxxx xxxx
CCM:
VIN in ASCII to HEX format
ABS:
I'm currently working on this and trying to figure out how to do this.
So far I have:
760-02-01 <- ?
760-02-02 <- ?
760-03-01 <- Most likely responsible for ACC.

Hope this can be helpful.
I stand corrected. Yes 760 module is different between models.

This is what I believe.... please compare to yours:

760-01-01 > 760-01-04 contain the VIN number
760-02-01 x5xx xxxx (5 is FX4 package, 1 is without)
760-02-02 x5xx xxxx (5 is SuperCrew, 4 is SuperCab)
760-02-02 xxx3 xxxx (3 is FX4 package, 2 is without)
760-03-01 xxx7 < I believe this is the Trail Control Even is with, Odd is without
Sponsored

Last edited: