jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody knows if it's possible to decrease the lower limit from the ACC? I'm happy with the 10mi but in the city i would wish 5, 3 or still better 0mi for deactivation.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’m not sure if it’s possible but I think it would be a great option.

I’d also like to increase the following distance just a little more than the factory allows.

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
Ford has an adaptive cruise control that works in stop and go traffic. It's not available on the Ranger, though I have no idea why.

There's a setting somewhere in FORScan that allows you to toggle the stop and go mode on, but it causes a bunch of subsequent faults in the cruise control and ABS modules that result in cruise control being turned off completely.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go relies on LIDAR for low speed stuff and the RADAR for higher speeds. The Ranger is missing the LIDAR, hence no Stop & Go.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go relies on LIDAR for low speed stuff and the RADAR for higher speeds. The Ranger is missing the LIDAR, hence no Stop & Go.
Bi-directional wheel speed sensors are absent as well.

OP
OP
jubreunig

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I don't ask for stop & go, only to lower the minimum speed. Is our radar-sensor not able to recognize from far to near?

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
How certain of that RADAR/LIDAR tech are you? Not challenging, I just don't know. We theorized the ACC module measures backscatter from a laser shot from the sensor cluster in the windshield, but don't have any real idea. If you have a more solid understanding that helps me answer some other problems I'm facing right now.
Sponsored