Access keypad - I don’t get it!?!

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
You can lock these keys in the truck:

To lock it with the keys in it: Press and hold the 7/8 and 9/0 button on the key pad simultaneously. It will lock the doors with the key in it. To unlock it, you can use the second fob or you can enter the code on the keypad.

Unfortunately, this is not in the owner's manual, since it is an accessory.
At work so can't watch this video right now... Is there a way to lock the keys in the truck using the FordPass app to lock/unlock?
Sponsored

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase

found this for programing which seems like your at the mercy of the dealer

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I really miss having the keypad, so used to having it on my Mountaineer. I was hoping to read that those doing Forscan found they could program the keypad for a Ranger. No, no one?
Dealer exclusive install.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I will throw it away before I submit to the dealer installation...

Best,
Phil
It annoys me that I can't do it on my own, but I really miss the keypad.

This is my first new vehicle and was my first for dealer service when they made my build changes. So far they've been good. They won't see my vehicle often, but I'm going to let them do the first oil change too.

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
It annoys me that I can't do it on my own, but I really miss the keypad.

This is my first new vehicle and was my first for dealer service when they made my build changes. So far they've been good. They won't see my vehicle often, but I'm going to let them do the first oil change too.
Yes, as Phil states dealer to activate it. I bought one went into FORScan set it up and it didn't work. It has an encrypted 128 bit code. When I had a service done earlier this year, they activated it no charge, I installed mine in the fuel door but had to remove the outside bezel on the keypad so it would fit better.

Michael s

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt super cab
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just unlock with Ford pass on my phone

drano38

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Supercrew
I had mine programmed today during an oil change. $100 which seems a bit steep to program, but nothing's free these days.
Told them to just put the keypad in the cab, and I'll decide where to mount it - hopefully inside the fuel door -- thanks to fob63 for the post above about removing the bezel for a better fit.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
As others have already said, the dealer has to program it.

I used some of the 32,000 Fordpass points that I got for purchasing the truck to pay for the programming.

The truck is now a year old and I've never had situation that required it, but it's there.

IMG_20210409_172836607.jpg

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I had a non dealer shop program it, the aftermarket shops can have the same equipment to program it without the dealer pricing.
I think it's great, I can lock the keys inside and go for a ride without worrying about losing them.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
So just confirming, there is still no way to program this using Forscan? I want one but don't want to pay $100 to have the dealership program it.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
So just confirming, there is still no way to program this using Forscan? I want one but don't want to pay $100 to have the dealership program it.
As others have already said, the dealer has to program it.

I used some of the 32,000 Fordpass points that I got for purchasing the truck to pay for the programming.

The truck is now a year old and I've never had situation that required it, but it's there.

IMG_20210409_172836607.jpg
I use the keypad a lot on my Mountaineer. When I drove it daily (before I got the Ranger), I would stop at the quick mart for a morning coffee and even if I had my keys in my pocket, if I had my hands full and didn't want to fumble for the key to unlock, I just punched my code into the keypad to open the vehicle. That keypad and the memory seat position buttons are the things I miss most on the Ranger.

I like that alternative placement you did of the keypad.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I would love to have this. Instead, I had a key cut when I had the third fob programed (local mobile keys service). I keep the key in my wallet, and the third fob in a water tight bag with the battery removed hidden inside the truck.

WHEN I loose a fob, and it will happen, as long as I don't loose the wallet, I can open the door, retrieve the fob, install the battery and get home.

I say when, because this happened to me with my Grand Cherokee, I really miss keys, always had a plastic key cut and left in the wallet. I hate carrying a fob, and the continue to get bigger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No way to do it through Forscan it has to be dealer programed.
Sponsored