daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I dug some on this and found something in the APIM (Using the F-150 Spreadsheet)

Now I DO NOT KNOW if this will do anything or work, but it may be worth a try. I do not have the Keypad so IDK.

APIM - 7DO-01-02 -With ASS - 022A-0000-888E
W/Out ASS - 020A-0000-886E
xxxA=Keypad Menu Not Available
xxxB=Keypad Menu Available

So, you might try changing the A to B, that will POSSIBLY enable the menu on the IPC like you see in the videos.

This is UNTESTED and was just a find - It may or may not work.
I will give this a shot...

My truck compared to a few others that I have VIN's for.

1708491126552.png

They all have the "A" in them. I know the first 0 sets the splash screen (I have mine set to FORD PERFORMANCE)

Also related I found:
1708491834384.png

I will try that also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I believe the code is hard-coded into the keypad, not the truck, and needs to the entered into the PATS system on the truck to tie the keypad to the truck. Sort of like the chips in your key fob. Only way to do this is to use the Ford software. The code is also needed to program a new personal code into the keypad. That way there is nothing to tie the code to your VIN anywhere. Where it is stored in PATS is probably only writable not readable for security reasons.

Lose the code have to buy new keypad and have dealer program the new code in.

I may have found it. It looks like it is indeed on the BACK SIDE of the BCM

The BCM is the FUSE BOX:

1708492855850.png

1708492902382.png

This isn't mine... But I have a real nice endoscope that should find that sticker tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daczone

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I may have found it. It looks like it is indeed on the BACK SIDE of the BCM

The BCM is the FUSE BOX:

1708492855850.png

1708492902382.png

This isn't mine... But I have a real nice endoscope that should find that sticker tomorrow.

Well no suck luck... The above is from a 2019 Ranger "BCM" listed on ebay.

Mine is a 2020 and it has no KEY CODE writing on the BCM
IMG_7019.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I bought one to add to my 2020. You need fords software. Forscan will not do it. It is added the same way an additional key fob is added. You can download the PDF instructions. You never need the trucks info, you need the keypad info. I used the ford phone app to buy it with some holiday discount. It was $99 and $24 to program it at the dealer. The number pads battery is not replaceable. So when the battery is done you need a new keypad anyway.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
The Keypad is wireless and not based on keycode from the truck. If you don't have the master code, you buy a new keypad for $100 and pair it like any wireless keyfob. The new keypad will have its master code and directions to program your personal code to it.

fob63

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
retired
I bought one to add to my 2020. You need fords software. Forscan will not do it. It is added the same way an additional key fob is added. You can download the PDF instructions. You never need the trucks info, you need the keypad info. I used the ford phone app to buy it with some holiday discount. It was $99 and $24 to program it at the dealer. The number pads battery is not replaceable. So when the battery is done you need a new keypad anyway.
I had to do the same thing a couple of years ago when I bought mine.

I believe it has something to do with the 128 Bit encrypted code that Ford introduced in their later models.
Sponsored