Which fuel-efficient tires do you recommend?

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My vehicle has FX4 option and off-road tires are well known as not most fuel-efficient. I do not see myself going off-road often so what are the best fuel-efficient tires for Ranger? Not only that, but I also pull a travel trailer (4,250 lbs.).
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Ali strangers you're not going to do that great on fuel mileage regardless would Tire you get. Also if you're not going to go off-road why did you end up getting an FX4 I might ask? For me my Ranger came stock with the Bridgestone Dueler a t rhs and they can say those aren't the greatest necessarily for off-road but at least there's something. At the moment I'm running Cooper Discovery M&S studded because here in Colorado and the Rockies have kind of a good idea. As for the factory hand Cooks I didn't notice any issues with them for fuel mileage when I had my old 2016 Nissan Frontier. Fuel mileage with them was pretty good in my opinion.

OP
OP
aslusers

aslusers

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Orange SuperCrew FX4 Trailer Tow 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ali strangers you're not going to do that great on fuel mileage regardless would Tire you get. Also if you're not going to go off-road why did you end up getting an FX4 I might ask? For me my Ranger came stock with the Bridgestone Dueler a t rhs and they can say those aren't the greatest necessarily for off-road but at least there's something. At the moment I'm running Cooper Discovery M&S studded because here in Colorado and the Rockies have kind of a good idea. As for the factory hand Cooks I didn't notice any issues with them for fuel mileage when I had my old 2016 Nissan Frontier. Fuel mileage with them was pretty good in my opinion.
You are right! Why did I get an FX4? I am not going off-road. I just could not resist this cute orange Ranger on the lot. I could wait and seek more... 0% & 84 months... Coronavirus season, therefore buyers' market... What the heck!

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
Michelin Defenders LTX MS. Best tire made for street and highway usage IMHO. Can't go wrong with those.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Michelin Defenders LTX MS. Best tire made for street and highway usage IMHO. Can't go wrong with those.
I had great luck with those on my last vehicle and would trust them again. I noticed they apparently weight 2 LBS more per tire than the stock Hankook tires however. Might even out with the tread pattern difference.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Lighter weight tires with less aggressive tread would help. My wife's Jeep Wrangler has Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires. Those would be a good compromise.

That being said.. they are not as good in snow as the Dynapro's your truck came with.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-sr-a?year=2019&make=Ford&model=Ranger&vo=XL 4-wheel drive&ctid=161198
That's an understatement.

Those SRA's are the worst tire I have ever used in snow.

Complete and under garbage.

Were just acceptable on wet roads

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Michelin makes outstanding Highway compounds that will get you what you’re looking for. I had 20” Michelin Defenders on my 2017 F150 that rode amazing, and I was averaging around 23mpg Highway in a full-size supercrew. At 40k miles they were barely half worn.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
My experience with Michelin has always been excellent. It's soon to be looking at replacements and I have no experience with them, but the Continentals have some attractive specs for comfort and wet weather performance (Florida). Would require another computer adjustment due to the rotations per mile though. Only caution is comments about rolling resistance requiring an adjustment in braking - which I've read a lot of comments on in this forum. I have no problems with mine for now, but more aggressive pads way off in the future could be used.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...19&autoModel=Ranger+4X2&autoModClar=Supercrew
Sponsored

Last edited: