Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
quangdog,
One important item that Bluebeaststr mentioned and is worth repeating, is to make certain that whichever spacers you decide on are machined to be Hub Centric!
Yes, I agree that's important. That's why I mentioned the Bora and Faction Fab in my original question - both are hub centric, I believe. I've seen a bunch of other "universal" wheel spacers that are clearly not hub centric, and I'm not willing to even consider those.

I'm currently leaning towards 1" Bora. Anyone want to speak up in favor of either Faction Fab or 1.5" instead?
Sponsored

OP
OP
quangdog

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Here's a link to a thread I made. It has a lot of pics. That might help with your decision. I wished I would have went with 1.5s instead of the 1 inch. Just for looks.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/guys-running-a-1-inch-spacer.7505/
Thanks for pointing me to this thread. I've seen it in the past - looks like you have fender flares on your truck. I think I agree that 1.5" would probably look a little better with those flares. I'm keeping my fenders, tires, wheels all stock. I am pretty sure 1" will be just enough for me.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Can you provide more detail on this? Will a 1" spacer on stock hubs and wheels and tires really cause the hubs to wear out early? This is the first such warning I've heard about that....
Here’s a good video.. worth taking a look if you haven’t seen it.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Been doing a bunch of research into wheel spacers, and I think I've decided I want to install some 1" spacers. I've got a Lariat FX4 with a 2.5" RC leveling kit installed. Running factory stock tires and magnetic 18" wheels.

First question: Will installing a 1" spacer cause any rubbing with stock tires and wheels? (I don't think it will, but wanted to see if anyone had more insight)
Second: What brand/spacer do you recommend? I'm looking at either Bora or Faction Fab from Stage 3, but would be happy to consider other alternatives.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
You asked for thoughts...

Mine is dont use spacers.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I went with 1.25 Bora spacers. Brings tire to edge of wheel well. Glad I didn't go 1.5" only because of the mud slinging over side. I already bought Ford molded mud guards and should have gone with Rockblox (sp) as someone pointed out in another thread to prevent this. I do think it handles better with the spacers and the leveling I did.

The video was entertaining, but really didn't give more than an opinion. Yes, engineers designed for a reason. I don't race my truck, drive fast and hard, so I don't see a handling/braking issue for me. In fact, I feel mine handles better. I do, and will continue to check torque on spacers and wheels frequently. Will they wear prematurely? It's possible, time will tell.

Last edited:

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I used Spidertrax wheel spAcers on my XJ and did a lot of research before I actually started using them. My conclusion was that it doesn’t affect the wheel bearings any more than more offset wheels, however, as Phil mentioned, it introduces another joint that can introduce another link that can fail. Make sure that they are torqued correctly and they should be fine. I didn’t notice any adverse effects on my Jeep.
From the pics I see, I think 1” might not be enough, I might go 1.25” or 1.5” but Stage3 is currently sold out :(

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
I used Spidertrax wheel spAcers on my XJ and did a lot of research before I actually started using them. My conclusion was that it doesn’t affect the wheel bearings any more than more offset wheels, however, as Phil mentioned, it introduces another joint that can introduce another link that can fail. Make sure that they are torqued correctly and they should be fine. I didn’t notice any adverse effects on my Jeep.
From the pics I see, I think 1” might not be enough, I might go 1.25” or 1.5” but Stage3 is currently sold out :(
Try Wheel Adapters USA. I got a set from them, and while they took 2 weeks to ship they were well worth the wait. Very high quality. And definitely get the 1.5!

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Here’s a good video.. worth taking a look if you haven’t seen it.
That guy reminds me of a teacher I had that swore buying a Pentium was unnecessary because a 386 SX16 did the same thing. He had zero evidence other than changing things on cars is bad because it is not built like that from the factory.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That guy reminds me of a teacher I had that swore buying a Pentium was unnecessary because a 386 SX16 did the same thing. He had zero evidence other than changing things on cars is bad because it is not built like that from the factory.
Hi Ian,

What the fellow (Scotty?) inferred was that wheel spacers increase the scrub radius and you can expect accelerated tire wear and change is steering efforts in some cases.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I know I posted this in the ‘General’ Section under another thread but thought it might be helpful here as well.....

After much debate I ordered and installed Faction Fab 1 inch wheel spacers.
I was torn between these or Bora. The Faction Fab look to be high quality and all the specs seemed to reinforce that.
Ordered from Stage3 on Tuesday and on my doorstep Thursday! Kudos to Stage3.
I installed them today and wow - what a difference they make. I think the 1 inch is perfect bringing the tires out just enough - couple this with the 2.5 inch level and ‘this’ is what a Ranger should look like. I think I’ll be happy with them.....now just have to wait for the tires to wear so I can get bigger ones!

d3014484-939d-43ff-b619-20b006fe7378-jpeg.jpg

93454ef6-b903-46d3-a282-60b743ffa095-jpeg.jpg

1d967668-868a-4168-9095-f723307f3a41-jpeg.jpg

6e2dd32b-4b3d-4db2-8341-34aff15ac832-jpeg.jpg

d8fc7260-b12f-467a-bbce-c2ad47503c83-jpeg.jpg

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I’d add this information as it might be helpful for someone looking at spacers and concerned over what size the wheels can accommodate.
Here are pictures of my front and rear hubs with 1 inch spacers.
Be aware that at least on my Ranger the rear studs are a bit longer than the front. I have no issue as the factory magnetic wheels have pockets on the backside. But....I think anything less than 1 inch (like 3/4 inch) would pose a problem and most likely require stud trimming.

1F263A70-5584-43C7-8DC2-8C81079077F4.jpeg

6BC4B066-E227-49EA-A592-4F818944580B.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand the comments on hub centric...my after market Fuel wheel center bore is much larger than the hub and the wheel is not centralized by the hub...so I must assume it's nut centric...6 nuts can do that job quite well...I've not experienced any off center vibrations in the 44k miles driven so far...as for the 1" spacers, Bora is the only one available and I have a full set on order....this is to bring my +20 wheels out another inch to match the stance of my new Air Design flares:crazy:
Sponsored