355 Miles and a Check Engine Light... Argh!

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Day 17 of ownership and day 12 of being in the shop. I called the dealership and was told they had been contacted by Corporate about the parts being in Detroit. I was assured my truck will be fix posthaste once the parts arrived. I was encouraged that there was communication about the parts. I found It almost humorous that I was aware of where the parts were located before the Corporate representative or the service writer at the dealership.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Day 17 of ownership and day 12 of being in the shop. I called the dealership and was told they had been contacted by Corporate about the parts being in Detroit. I was assured my truck will be fix posthaste once the parts arrived. I was encouraged that there was communication about the parts. I found nd It almost humorous that I was aware of where the parts were located before the Corporate representative or the service writer at the dealership.
Mine just went in yesterday so hopefully with some of you guys ahead of me (not to mention people not on this forum that have had the issue) corporate will be a little quicker helping the dealers get a fix done on these trucks. It’s frustrating for sure.

Reactions: Ric

Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I've put a hundred miles on the truck so far since I've gotten it back from repair, not much in reality. But its back in my daily commute. So far no issues.... still holding my breath. :)

Hope the parts come in soon for you guys.

Gilstein21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Got the light at 168 miles last Thursday. Took it to dealer and code was intermittent signal on injector 3 circuit. Truck sounded, felt, and seemed to run fine. Cleared code since I couldn’t leave it that day. I’m at about 500 miles now and the issue hasn’t returned yet. I was supposed to drop it off tomorrow but called today and the tech said to see if it comes on again and gives same code before tearing into it. The MPG on the computer calculator has increased about a tenth of an mpg each day.

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Got the light at 168 miles last Thursday. Took it to dealer and code was intermittent signal on injector 3 circuit. Truck sounded, felt, and seemed to run fine. Cleared code since I couldn’t leave it that day. I’m at about 500 miles now and the issue hasn’t returned yet. I was supposed to drop it off tomorrow but called today and the tech said to see if it comes on again and gives same code before tearing into it. The MPG on the computer calculator has increased about a tenth of an mpg each day.
TSB 19-2145 out today for updating PCM with built date of before 4/26/19 for P02EE,P02EF,P02F0,P02F1,P02F2,P050A,P050B,P0299,P1026,P02F3,and/or P051B.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
TSB 19-2145 out today for updating PCM with built date of before 4/26/19 for P02EE,P02EF,P02F0,P02F1,P02F2,P050A,P050B,P0299,P1026,P02F3,and/or P051B.
Any more details on it? So it is not an injector issue but a software issue?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting it didn't seem to appear until later. Will be interested to hear more info from those who have seen it - if they get the TSB and it goes away.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Is there a link to the full text? I want to be able to speak to the service writer and the Corporate representative in detail. Thank you!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
wow, built date before 4/26/19 is basically everybody.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
wow, built date before 4/26/19 is basically everybody.
well, to be fair. I ordered mine 5/1/2019.

And this is the main reason. kinks worked out before mine is built.

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update on mine... I just called my Service Advisor this afternoon and yesterday they tore it apart and replaced the #1 injector. They were able to get overnight shipping on the injector. That was pretty impressive. Anyhow after all of that work he said Ford notified them today to hold up on returning it to the customer because they are releasing a software update to correct the issue. So really it was just a PCM update to correct the issue. Oh well... We both chuckled a bit and I said well at least your techs got some training on replacing an injector.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So update on mine... I just called my Service Advisor this afternoon and yesterday they teared it apart and replaced the #1 injector. They were able to get overnight shipping on the injector. That was pretty impressive. Anyhow after all of that work he said Ford notified them today to hold up on returning it to the customer because they are releasing a software update to correct the issue. So really it was just a PCM update to correct the issue. Oh well... We both chuckled a bit and I said well at least your techs got some training on replacing an injector.
Somehow the software must not be very forgiving of minor issues with the injectors - that is my guess - they are probably making that code a little more robust and error tolerant. It is amazing to me that this is a software issue.

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somehow the software must not be very forgiving of minor issues with the injectors - that is my guess - they are probably making that code a little more robust and error tolerant. It is amazing to me that this is a software issue.
I just had to edit my post to change teared to tore. I'm not that much of a "redneck" . Anyhow I agree. If something was just a tiny bit out of spec on the injector it must have been throwing codes. Anyhow I guess I have a new injector and maybe it was a little out of spec anyhow because it was throwing a code.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Or it could be that they changed the pulse width for the injectors by diddling the PCM code because some injectors don't respond quite as fast as others (or vice-versa)....???.
Sponsored