355 Miles and a Check Engine Light... Argh!

Chad Cyr

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what your blend dates are? Wondering if there was a bad batch of injectors somewhere in there - seems like there must be - just wondering if you can narrow it down to certain weeks or something.
The blend date of mine was 3/23/2019...

Just to reiterate, My CEL appeared on the same day I took delivery (Tuesday) at 90 miles on the odometer. My dealer cleared the code for injector #4 the next morning (Wednesday) while trying to duplicate it... It didn't come back for them. I got another CEL the next day (Thursday) for injector #3; I cleared that one myself with ForScan that evening. I gassed up for the first time the following afternoon (Friday)when it got down to about 1/4 tank and haven't seen the CEL come back since. My CEL's both came on a few seconds after starting the engine and never while driving. The truck is currently at 994 miles on the odometer. So far, we are chalking it up to bad fuel but I pray it doesn't come back!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Just curious what your blend dates are? Wondering if there was a bad batch of injectors somewhere in there - seems like there must be - just wondering if you can narrow it down to certain weeks or something.
Mine was 2/28/19. My CEL is currently off, but it's went on and off multiple times so it's going into the shop tomorrow. When I first took it in it was showing an error with injector #1.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Summary of build dates thus far and whether or not they have the injector issue:

3/19 - No
3/22 - Yes
3/23 - Yes
2/9 - Yes
2/28 - Yes

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Mine was 04-12-2019

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Summary of build dates thus far and whether or not they have the injector issue:

3/19 - No
3/22 - Yes
3/23 - Yes
2/9 - Yes
2/28 - Yes
Hey look on the bright side... We are not facing this alone. We are the proud "Injector Club" and we get to be members of this cool error and code throwing club! :like::crackup:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey look on the bright side... We are not facing this alone. We are the proud "Injector Club" and we get to be members of this cool error and code throwing club! :like::crackup:
I haven't looked, but I'm wondering if there is some "build date" on the engine - the blend dates of the truck don't seem to be showing any correlation.

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't looked, but I'm wondering if there is some "build date" on the engine - the blend dates of the truck don't seem to be showing any correlation.
Aren't the engines delivered to the final assembly with the injectors already installed? I'm guessing those things are stock piled so the engine build date would probably matter more then vehicle build date.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't the engines delivered to the final assembly with the injectors already installed? I'm guessing those things are stock piled so the engine build date would probably matter more then vehicle build date.
That is what I was thinking - I just don't know if there is some kind of build date on the engine.

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what I was thinking - I just don't know if there is some kind of build date on the engine.
Not sure, but there had to be a QC problem somewhere along the line. My light has been out for the last few days, but it's going in today. It's been on and off too much not to have an issue that needs to be fixed. Hopefully it doesn't take too many days.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Engine build date of 04-09-19

IMG_20190506_132332084_HDR.jpg
Wow - they pretty closely correlate with build date - my engine date was 3/11 and my build date was 3/19 - your was only 3 days apart!

Just in time parts inventory, I guess!

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Wow - they pretty closely correlate with build date - my engine date was 3/11 and my build date was 3/19 - your was only 3 days apart!

Just in time parts inventory, I guess!
The code cleared itself today...we will see if it comes back

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The code cleared itself today...we will see if it comes back
Mine cleared itself 3 times and was currently clear when I dropped it off. I'm driving an '18 Focus SE 5 door right now. Nice little car, but it sure isn't my Ranger. Anyhow I'm just thankful I still have a dealer that gives you a loaner for warranty work. I've never driven a newer Focus. It does handle really well. Anyhow I guess we'll see how my repair goes.

Devildog204

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My light came on at 80 miles and spent a week at the dealership while they tried to get an answer from Ford.
Ford told them to clear the code and that this is a programing problem - basically they said to wait for the fix. The dealership left trouble ticket open when I picked it up.
Light went back on at about 190 miles - sigh.
I plan to notify the dealership, but I'm not taking it back until there's a fix.
Sponsored