285's on stock Tremor suspension

Cclittle72

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
I have the crash bars removed and 2” leveling kit in the front. Methods with 0 offset and 285/70r17. No problems with rubbing.
Thanks for the update. I see a lot of recommendations for only the 1" level kit on Tremors, if not adding weight to the front end (winch, etc). Are you going to be adding anything, or do you feel 2" is more appropriate?
Sponsored

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9.5” Redwing
That’s good to know,
1”or 2” level? has been the question on the front.
Could you take a side picture please.

scottedb

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Thanks for the update. I see a lot of recommendations for only the 1" level kit on Tremors, if not adding weight to the front end (winch, etc). Are you going to be adding anything, or do you feel 2" is more appropriate?
I will eventually be adding a winch but not for a while. I honestly cant tell a difference in ride quality compared to without spacers. But I chose the 2" spacers because I'll be changing the rear leaf springs in a couple months which are supposed to add another inch of lift. So i should still have rake even when loaded. Right now the rear is about a half inch higher than the front.

Tremors

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt FX-4
Finished up. Love the look and have no rubbing. This is stock Tremor suspension but crash bars swapped out for the ReadyLift.
Now I need to figure out where I want to run the PSI for these.

79A7E55D-2E2A-4611-9518-8B82B845A465.jpeg

D2F37503-ACF1-478D-A1BE-F5A45F992576.jpeg

6078DCE2-B497-44D1-977C-83531E90FAA5.jpeg

40F69A8C-427C-4FDB-9FE0-37A8F87BB8BA.jpeg
Looks awesome did you notice much difference I'm mpg? Where are keeping your spair tire

OP
OP
gwhalin

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Looks awesome did you notice much difference I'm mpg? Where are keeping your spair tire
My MPG is down for sure but I also have heavier skids and a prinsu rack so hard to say what is causing it. I am getting around 18-19 right now and closer to 16-17 in winter.

Spare is kept under truck. I am running a matching spare and doing a 5 wheel rotation.

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
Offset’s a funny thing - the larger the hub spacer , the more problems you might have. Big hub spacers are like having lower or negative offset wheels.

Spacers and lower offset push your wheels out. Think of it this way, turn your wheels all the way left, the hub is now at an angle, now put in a two inch spacer, and you’re pushing your tire closer toward the crash bars.

The picture below tells the story - the horizontal bars represent the crash bars, the shaded tire represents the new tire position with a low offset wheel or adding a spacer.

D8C3193F-03ED-4059-84B2-4A4EC1724723.jpeg

Now add in the reality that the more lift you have, the higher up you are in the tire’s arch and the more room you have to clear crash bars.

So, with those wide and tall 285s, you need to:

1. Clear the knuckle (1/4” to 1/2” spacer will do it)
  2. Not push your tires into the crash bars (keep factory wheels)
  3. Hope your Tremor’s factory lift is high enough (likely)

There is a 1” front level kit on the market if needed but should be a last resort.
Oh yeah, when it comes to wheel spacers, they might surprise you and not in a good way! Don’t get me wrong, you will love the look if you choose the right size for you! I absolutely am thrilled with mine!

With that being said, if you don’t really think about it, you think you’re gonna get more spacing and have a few problems right? I mean, makes sense… You think you’re pushing the tires out and away, which you are doing but then there’s that subtle. (not so subtle if you really rub hard) change!

as someone demonstrated, it changes where the widest point is upon turning the wheel and unless you moved it 6 inches WAY out or left it alone, 1 inch to 2 inches seems to put you right into rubbing territory and actually take away space.

I’m sure you did, but check out that illustration. I found out the hard way just by putting on 1.5 inch spacers on my tremor… I ended up putting ReadyLift high clearance crash bars/anti-intrusion bars.

anyway, it’s time for me to be a little more aggressive, so I’ve been rounding up parts.

Goal: 33x12.5 R20 or R18
(I think this gives just enough of a sidewall. I don’t want to be on rubber bands, ruining the wheels, but also getting to feel everything because instead of a rubber sidewall, it’s mostly metal! I would do 18 inch if not, but I think 20 inch will work and I have some glossy black with red accent, which is much of my truck has other than the carbonized gray.

Plans:
• high clearance crash bars
(installed)
• 1.5” wheel spacers (installed but may sell
factory wheels and swap for the 20 x 10)
• 2” Tremor-specific leveling spacers
(In box)
• Large fender flares (I want the 12.5 inch wide
tires just sticking out an inch past fender
flares… (give or take)

Now the part that I don’t think people will agree with, since there’s so much anti-rake sentiment lol. I actually like it. 🫣🫣🫣🫢🫢

So with that said, I have a whole plan in the back, so I’m going for a 2 inch lift all the way around, keeping my rake

Rear:
• 2” blocks & hardware (in box)
• large fender, flares, of course
• Bilstein B8 5160 Rear Shocks (for 0-2” lift)
Installed!!!
(I couldn’t help myself… I installed these and my mind is just blown! These are unbelievable! I always knew about Bill having a great reputation, but the performance of these it’s crazy to feel nothing going down a curb at an angle, when in the past, it would be:
1.) the initial compression
2.) the rebound
3.) then come back to equilibrium
IMG_6108.jpeg

That’s enough to knock everyone back-and-forth, leaning twice. Well with these new ones, it simply absorbs it, and there’s no back-and-forth. And the absorbing it’s soft.

I read that these work exceptionally well with the progressive springs that the tremor has and that makes a lot of sense. That first bump, the springs have a softer property and it absorbs it. So as you’re driving, you get a pretty smooth ride due to that. But when you have more pressure such as, a high speed turn, or even off Roading with large places that are uneven, when the leaf springs are compressed further, the pressure needed is higher and therefore it keeps from bottoming out or say you’re going around that corner, feeling like you’re going to tip over.
Anyways, I feel like I’m comparing against a pretty good shock with the tremor version of Fox, but this one blows it out of the water!

They both have remote reservoir, BTW.
I left the shocks on the front. I wasn’t going to switch any of them, but adding blocks means I needed more movement.

Anyways, I think the sharks are beautiful and the original ones were as well!

shovonmshahriar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Oh yeah, when it comes to wheel spacers, they might surprise you and not in a good way! Don’t get me wrong, you will love the look if you choose the right size for you! I absolutely am thrilled with mine!

With that being said, if you don’t really think about it, you think you’re gonna get more spacing and have a few problems right? I mean, makes sense… You think you’re pushing the tires out and away, which you are doing but then there’s that subtle. (not so subtle if you really rub hard) change!

as someone demonstrated, it changes where the widest point is upon turning the wheel and unless you moved it 6 inches WAY out or left it alone, 1 inch to 2 inches seems to put you right into rubbing territory and actually take away space.

I’m sure you did, but check out that illustration. I found out the hard way just by putting on 1.5 inch spacers on my tremor… I ended up putting ReadyLift high clearance crash bars/anti-intrusion bars.

anyway, it’s time for me to be a little more aggressive, so I’ve been rounding up parts.

Goal: 33x12.5 R20 or R18
(I think this gives just enough of a sidewall. I don’t want to be on rubber bands, ruining the wheels, but also getting to feel everything because instead of a rubber sidewall, it’s mostly metal! I would do 18 inch if not, but I think 20 inch will work and I have some glossy black with red accent, which is much of my truck has other than the carbonized gray.

Plans:
• high clearance crash bars
(installed)
• 1.5” wheel spacers (installed but may sell
factory wheels and swap for the 20 x 10)
• 2” Tremor-specific leveling spacers
(In box)
• Large fender flares (I want the 12.5 inch wide
tires just sticking out an inch past fender
flares… (give or take)

Now the part that I don’t think people will agree with, since there’s so much anti-rake sentiment lol. I actually like it. 🫣🫣🫣🫢🫢

So with that said, I have a whole plan in the back, so I’m going for a 2 inch lift all the way around, keeping my rake

Rear:
• 2” blocks & hardware (in box)
• large fender, flares, of course
• Bilstein B8 5160 Rear Shocks (for 0-2” lift)
Installed!!!
(I couldn’t help myself… I installed these and my mind is just blown! These are unbelievable! I always knew about Bill having a great reputation, but the performance of these it’s crazy to feel nothing going down a curb at an angle, when in the past, it would be:
1.) the initial compression
2.) the rebound
3.) then come back to equilibrium
IMG_6108.jpeg

That’s enough to knock everyone back-and-forth, leaning twice. Well with these new ones, it simply absorbs it, and there’s no back-and-forth. And the absorbing it’s soft.

I read that these work exceptionally well with the progressive springs that the tremor has and that makes a lot of sense. That first bump, the springs have a softer property and it absorbs it. So as you’re driving, you get a pretty smooth ride due to that. But when you have more pressure such as, a high speed turn, or even off Roading with large places that are uneven, when the leaf springs are compressed further, the pressure needed is higher and therefore it keeps from bottoming out or say you’re going around that corner, feeling like you’re going to tip over.
Anyways, I feel like I’m comparing against a pretty good shock with the tremor version of Fox, but this one blows it out of the water!

They both have remote reservoir, BTW.
I left the shocks on the front. I wasn’t going to switch any of them, but adding blocks means I needed more movement.

Anyways, I think the sharks are beautiful and the original ones were as well!
I had Bilsteins in my time-attack track Tesla but used to swap to KWs (still on track tune) for driving on the streets during off-seasons. Going back and forth back to back between those, KWs were amazing but …Bilsteins were on a whole different level. The Bilsteins could handle the tracks as well as the streets within the same shock setup just by adjusting the tune. Only reason I used to swap them out to KWs for street is because I didn’t want to touch the track tune in the Bilsteins once we hit the perfect tune through all that track sessions. Bilsteins were also more robust, just an all around charmer!

The Ford “tune” for the FOX 2.0s in our Tremor is horrible. It’s a PoS IMO. Can’t wait for these to go bad so that a can switch to some Bilsteins. Hopefully they’ll deliver the same quality for truck shocks as they did for the track. I keep hearing nothing but good things about’em from everyone here that run Bilsteins. Very disappointed at the FOXs that came with my Tremor.

Next setup : Falken WP AT3W pizza cutters (255/80R17) on Bilstein all corners.

Last edited:

LowKeyTremor

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor Lariat
Occupation
Business Owner/Partner & IT
I had Bilsteins in my time-attack track Tesla but used to swap to KWs (still on track tune) for driving on the streets during off-seasons. Going back and forth back to back between those, KWs were amazing but …Bilsteins were on a whole different level. The Bilsteins could handle the tracks as well as the streets within the same shock setup just by adjusting the tune. Only reason I used to swap them out to KWs for street is because I didn’t want to touch the track tune in the Bilsteins once we hit the perfect tune through all that track sessions. Bilsteins were also more robust, just an all around charmer!

The Ford “tune” for the FOX 2.0s in our Tremor is horrible. It’s a PoS IMO. Can’t wait for these to go bad so that a can switch to some Bilsteins. Hopefully they’ll deliver the same quality for truck shocks as they did for the track. I keep hearing nothing but good things about’em from everyone here that run Bilsteins. Very disappointed at the FOXs that came with my Tremor.

Next setup : Falken WP AT3W pizza cutters (255/80R17) on Bilstein all corners.
I wasn’t completely disappointed with the Tremor fox shocks until I put on the Bilstein and felt what the shock really should feel like!

OMG! Neither you nor I are exaggerating… Nobody on this form is exaggerating when they say Bilsteins are pretty phenomenal!

Well, just another way forum has guided me!

Thanks guys!
Sponsored