First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Benny @LevittownFordParts.com any chance you could verify if the half shafts are different in a Tremor vs. standard 4x4?

Sorry last I checked yesterday Tremor specific parts are not populating correctly in our dealer data yet. They should hopefully soon, Please shoot me a reminder and I will check.

- Benny

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
The Tremors are Not level. Not sure why poeple think that but they have just as much rake as any other Ranger. Just look at any video or pic of them on the internet.
If you are talking about the CVs, stock on standard Rangers are as level (horizontal) as you can get them to be (0 degrees). I have no idea on the Tremor ones. Maybe somebody who owns a Tremor can post a picture. I guess they are not level, but pretty close with that tiny lift, not more than a 5deg, probably less, I suspect. On my truck, with a 2" level they are close to 10deg.

Probably the 6" lift kit will not have the CVs level either, but they will be in the "acceptable" range as a 2.5" lift kit. There are drop kits for the front diff, recommended for 3" and higher lifts, but in fact it's not a drop, rather an angling kit. The front cross member on the ranger does not allow the front diff to drop. With the extra crossmember on the 6" probably this is achieved. I am also very curious to see how the UCAs angles are even with the longer knuckles, did they bring them flat or still angled a bit.

Last edited:

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
If you are talking about the CVs, stock on standard Rangers are as level (horizontal) as you can get them to be (0 degrees). I have no idea on the Tremor ones. Maybe somebody who owns a Tremor can post a picture. I guess they are not level, but pretty close with that tiny lift, not more than a 5deg, probably less, I suspect. On my truck, with a 2" level they are close to 10deg.

Probably the 6" lift kit will not have the CVs level either, but they will be in the "acceptable" range as a 2.5" lift kit. There are drop kits for the front diff, recommended for 3" and higher lifts, but in fact it's not a drop, rather an angling kit. The front cross member on the ranger does not allow the front diff to drop. With the extra crossmember on the 6" probably this is achieved. I am also very curious to see how the UCAs angles are even with the longer knuckles, did they bring them flat or still angled a bit.
No sure how accurate this method is but here’s a pic..

76DDFC75-FBFD-43EF-B098-5BA8BBF0B06E.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
No sure how accurate this method is but here’s a pic..

76DDFC75-FBFD-43EF-B098-5BA8BBF0B06E.jpeg
Looks to be a lower angle than my CV acles with the OME lift. Chances are Ford simply put a leveling kit on a stock ranger and called it the Tremor Package to make things easy.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Thank you for the picture. Looks I was not far off by assuming 5deg :).
Indeed, Ford admits a little CV angle can do no harm, yet they played it safe, the boots are not rubbing. With a higher lift the boots are rubbing which will reduce their life for sure.

If Ford used the standard UCAs they have also limited the droop on the Tremor. In any case it's not much.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers

Mason772

First Name
mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger Tremor
Oh were you the R&D truck? I knew I wanted to be in the 1" range but seeing it just made the decision much easier. I have a black Tremor too. Was going to go Traxda but I really like the craftmanship in the FRL version.

Any noticeable ride or driving changes since the lift? Been on any trails with it yet?
I live where roads can be pretty bad as well as some of the railroad track crossings. It used to feel like the front end always hit to hard , now it rides so much smoother its crazy. Love it so far .

j13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I live where roads can be pretty bad as well as some of the railroad track crossings. It used to feel like the front end always hit to hard , now it rides so much smoother its crazy. Love it so far .
Did you align front end after installing this 1" lift?
Thanks

monstertuned

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
Did you align front end after installing this 1" lift?
Thanks
I messaged the owner because I had the same question and he said yes you need an alignment.

Ivan_1328

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger Tremor