Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Aint no way.
I have mine lifted with a 3" leveling kit. I'm running KO2's in 285/70 17. My wheels are Icon rebound with a +25. I will still rub under full lock if driving hard. The damn liners keep coming loose too. I may zip tie them like Msfitoy did. I had to completely remove the intrusion beams front and rear. I suppose replacing my bumper will add some extra room too. More money, more problems
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I have mine lifted with a 3" leveling kit. I'm running KO2's in 285/70 17. My wheels are Icon rebound with a +25. I will still rub under full lock if driving hard. The damn liners keep coming loose too. I may zip tie them like Msfitoy did. I had to completely remove the intrusion beams front and rear. I suppose replacing my bumper will add some extra room too. More money, more problems
Strange I don't have liner problems with 2.5" and RTR 0+

Edit: Then again my Toyos while the same size on paper may be slightly smaller than your KO2's.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Connor, I like your optimism and I’m sure you checked it all out on the hoist and then on the shop floor - you were likely over the moon with excitement. However, that 1/4” or less clearance you found, isn’t going to cut it.

Driving around, it all likely seems fine but to make absolutely sure, you need to really test it. So, crank it to full lock (tight) and back up quickly. Now crank it in the other direction, do the same and back up hard again. Anything?

Now, find a driveway or lane way that is slightly higher than the road, crank it to full lock and drive in, sharply. Now do the same exiting. Anything?

I know you want this to be an issue-free install and so do others, including me. At 1.5”, those spacers are like a +17mm offset - enough to let you get away with it on the street but also enough to get you in trouble off-road or in a hard turn to avoid an accident. Hell, it might even give you grief in a tight parking spot.

Don’t kid yourself on this because if you do, you will have a false sense of security and then there will be that one time where you compress at full lock, grab your wheel liner with your tire lugs, and rip the liner, along with your ABS sensor, right out of the wheel well.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Connor, I like your optimism and I’m sure you checked it all out on the hoist and then on the shop floor - you were likely over the moon with excitement. However, that 1/4” or less clearance you found, isn’t going to cut it.

Driving around, it all likely seems fine but to make absolutely sure, you need to really test it. So, crank it to full lock (tight) and back up quickly. Now crank it in the other direction, do the same and back up hard again. Anything?

Now, find a driveway or lane way that is slightly higher than the road, crank it to full lock and drive in, sharply. Now do the same exiting. Anything?

I know you want this to be an issue-free install and so do others, including me. At 1.5”, those spacers are like a +17mm offset - enough to let you get away with it on the street but also enough to get you in trouble off-road or in a hard turn to avoid an accident. Hell, it might even give you grief in a tight parking spot.

Don’t kid yourself on this because if you do, you will have a false sense of security and then there will be that one time where you compress at full lock, grab your wheel liner with your tire lugs, and rip the liner, along with your ABS sensor, right out of the wheel well.
Hi Duke,

When at Lock, both right and left. Bounce the truck nose and have someone underneath watch for hickups...I would not be surprised this finds a lack of clearance that should be addressed. Wheels go up and down and it is the UP that is hard to assess on a hoist or on a garage floor...

Connor,

Search these forums for my explanation of a Jounce study... not likely something you can do but in were much of the problems with big tires exists.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
cheezburger-image-4136190720.jpg

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sooo nothing from OP huh? You guys scared em' off!!! :rockon:
Guessing he realized it rubs like a mofo and is not coming back. It's cool, we all make mistakes!

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
There's no rub. I got the stock rims and put 285/70's on. Have wheeled the hell out of it. I did NOT remove the front intrusion bars. Just loosened them and pushed them forward. Replaced the rears with the BDS bars. No cutting.
Relax it'll be fine. Everyone I wheel with is running 33's/285's, and they only have ta 2-2 1/2" lift. Mine is 3 1/2". I over thought the tire thing till' I was exhausted. Don't worry about it.
I even have 1" spacers sitting in a box cuz they weren't needed.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
There's no rub. I got the stock rims and put 285/70's on. Have wheeled the hell out of it. I did NOT remove the front intrusion bars. Just loosened them and pushed them forward. Replaced the rears with the BDS bars. No cutting.
Relax it'll be fine. Everyone I wheel with is running 33's/285's, and they only have ta 2-2 1/2" lift. Mine is 3 1/2". I over thought the tire thing till' I was exhausted. Don't worry about it.
I even have 1" spacers sitting in a box cuz they weren't needed.
Now things have changed?! Your first post said you uses 1.25 inch spacers. Now you mention 1 inch spacers?!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Now things have changed?! Your first post said you uses 1.25 inch spacers. Now you mention 1 inch spacers?!
He's not OP.

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I'm confused. I thought spacers gave more clearance. Maybe this is just for older trucks?

So larger spacers = more chance of rubbing?

***also this is why I created FITMENT PICTURE THREAD damnit. So people can post their pics and exact setups. I'm bumping that thread out of spite LOL.
Sponsored