Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your tire boner has failed to measure up.

255/80 17 Open Country AT3s

20211004_112030.jpg

True 33's at 33.1 inches vs the Wildpeak's 32.8. Crashbars intact just in case.

Just joshing you, your tires are cool too. Just wanted to get there w/o bar removal.
Hey! Have you been talking to my past girlfriends!? Aww never mind.

Yes mine are not true 33ā€˜s that is correct, but just like my boner size Iā€™m not hung up on a number LOL. Yours look great. Your lack of a need for spacers probably kept your scrub radius small which means you may not be hitting the crash bars at all so thatā€™s great. I wanted my tires doing a slight poke out though.

Iā€ve only been driving on them a few days so no I havenā€™t noticed any mpg loss yet but Iā€™m sure its 3-5 mipg worse than before.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yes mine are not true 33ā€˜s that is correct, but just like my boner size Iā€™m not hung up on a number LOL. Yours look great. Your lack of a need for spacers probably kept your scrub radius small which means you may not be hitting the crash bars at all so thatā€™s great. I wanted my tires doing a slight poke out though.
Exactly.

No rub, haven't got to check at full compression yet, but should be good by guesstimeasuring.

I considered spacers to push my pizza cutters out a bit, but not looking for any "poke" at all. Just want to fill out the well a bit laterally.

Looking at everything that would require aftermarket bars at least though, so probably won't happen.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly.

No rub, haven't got to check at full compression yet, but should be good by guesstimeasuring.

I considered spacers to push my pizza cutters out a bit, but not looking for any "poke" at all. Just want to fill out the well a bit laterally.

Looking at everything that would require aftermarket bars at least though, so probably won't happen.
Oh youā€™re wanting to KEEP sime crash bars? I wasnā€™t sure what your opinion about them was ?

In all honesty my Wildpeaks donā€™t even measure out at 32.8 more like 32.1

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Oh youā€™re wanting to KEEP sime crash bars? I wasnā€™t sure what your opinion about them was ?

In all honesty my Wildpeaks donā€™t even measure out at 32.8 more like 32.1
Good to know.

I pulled those from TireRack's site. I always figured they were accurate. I'll keep that in mind and actually measure mine when I start adjusting things in Forscan.

Besides, you're probably better off.

Most prefer girth over length. ;)

Aaron77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
That looks good, like how the truck should have come stock. I'm leaning towards new wheels with tires to avoid spacers...but that's pretty much how far I want mine to stick out.

If I had the cash I'd really love a 6" lift. But for now my cheapo level kit is just fine

Ranger2020zoomzoom

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Na
Was going to go with a smaller size but I thought go big or go home. These look absolutely amazing. My tire Boner will not go down.

Yes I completely removed the front crash bars and heavily modified the rear crash bars; so what, my other vehicle is an 87 GMC truck with no airbags and only one working seatbelt so obviously safety is not my top priority.

Yes a tire of this size will also fit in the spare location.

Yes I have faction Fab 1.5 spacers from our good friends at Stage 3 motorsports on as well.

No, at least on my truck, you do not have to do anything with the TPMS system, it resets itself.

DCFA198B-4D58-4E21-85BA-09CEB5FDD966.jpeg

11E0FD5E-BE8C-4B15-BCC8-2BEF0558FFAF.jpeg

A1BBED88-1B5A-481D-86E8-0C5E754C0453.jpeg

FD4B3A40-03D2-4254-8F38-8E8562DE285E.jpeg
Nice!! Do you thing 33x10.5R17 would fit without crash bar modification with a 2.75 lift?

Fletcher

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to go with a smaller size but I thought go big or go home. These look absolutely amazing. My tire Boner will not go down.

Yes I completely removed the front crash bars and heavily modified the rear crash bars; so what, my other vehicle is an 87 GMC truck with no airbags and only one working seatbelt so obviously safety is not my top priority.

Yes a tire of this size will also fit in the spare location.

Yes I have faction Fab 1.5 spacers from our good friends at Stage 3 motorsports on as well.

No, at least on my truck, you do not have to do anything with the TPMS system, it resets itself.

DCFA198B-4D58-4E21-85BA-09CEB5FDD966.jpeg

11E0FD5E-BE8C-4B15-BCC8-2BEF0558FFAF.jpeg

A1BBED88-1B5A-481D-86E8-0C5E754C0453.jpeg

FD4B3A40-03D2-4254-8F38-8E8562DE285E.jpeg
Did you have to lift it at all?

Fletcher

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
SalesMan
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! That is the size I am going to eventually switch to as well. Canā€™t decide if I want to buy new wheels or just go with spacers. I already have aftermarket crash bars ready to go when I make the switch.
what aftermarket crash bars did you get?

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
what aftermarket crash bars did you get?
I had the Readylift bars, but ended up needing to remove them to avoid rubbing. I have a 1" spacer which contributed to rubbing. Even with no bars and a lift, I still have slight rubbing when turning left with suspension compression.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Do none of the "take the bars off and you will die" crowd ever watch any YT or MT shows where cars/trucks are modified?
If they do it must give them nightmares.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Do none of the "take the bars off and you will die" crowd ever watch any YT or MT shows where cars/trucks are modified?
It's not that extreme. The bars are meant to deflect energy around the lower cab area in the event of a partial overlap or full head-on collision. Without them in place there is a greater risk and severity of foot and or lower calf injury, especially on the outboard side. Might be the difference between a break and a sprain, but if you have a 35" bead lock in the cab with you, you probably have other problems going on that might kill you.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m not sure what all the fuss is and it seems to be all about the poor uninformed passenger. Hereā€™s the thingā€¦.itā€™s likely a girlfriend or wife and the only leg injury sheā€™s getting is when the airbag deploys because, despite your repeated subtle hints and flat out objections, sheā€™s still got her damn feet up on the dash!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
sheā€™s still got her damn feet up on the dash!
There's a video on Facebook where an older guy has is foot up on the dash an the airbag deploys. His lower leg is flopping around like the bone just shattered below the knee. Not pretty.
Sponsored