2023 Ranger 6G globally revealed!

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Except 5G Ranger Raptor is 150mm wider than 5G Ranger. :)

I wonder if the same 150mm extra width holds true for 6G raptor..
Yes, that is true, but then the Raptor has a different(stronger) frame, different suspension, arms, coils, tracks, a lot of things are different. And I think they will maintain that with the new one, probably years later. The current Ranger in global market is almost the same since 2011 (T6). Two facelifts in 2016 and 2019. The raptor came with 2019. So we may need to wait a while until we'll see a Raptor on the new platform. I am very curious to see what engine are they going to supply to that one. For US I guess it's not going to be the V6 diesel.
They like to play a lot with engines too. For EU they've removed 3.2 and 2.2 in 2019, while for the rest of the world they still keep next to the 2.0 single or biturbo.

The new generation has the same doors (it seems) as the 2019 US model, while in the rest of the world they still supply the old round doors. That's good, there's more bass after a speaker upgrade! :p.

It would be nice to see the new Raptor with a different tune as well, or bigger turbo(s). That would add to its selling point, as it's prohibitive in EU: almost 60k EUR. The current one has the same engine and power output as the top of the line non Raptor version, the Wildtrak (which is 43k), just that the Wildtrak is faster than the Raptor, from factory, since it uses the smaller wheels.

Last edited:

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I agree. While I like my iPad, I don't want one mounted to the dash of my vehicles.
While I normally like manual HVAC controls, the ones in the Ranger are a hot mess, and I'll trust a touchpad over them.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
I think this is a pretty good truck. I think the interior is vastly improved and the exterior is kind of a missed opportunity. It looks a little too stylized in the front for me to make the switch anytime soon.

If they made a few styling adjustments to the NA model it might change my mind. If i were in the market for this truck, I'd probably max out the XLS with a lift/level because that looks like a much better front end in my opinion. And the 10 inch screen should be more than sufficient.

The listed approach and departure angles look like they are about what the NA Gen 5 Tremor package offers - but it looks like these angles are for the Wildtrack trim so maybe not that much improved overall.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Did anyone notice the lag on the infotainment? That would piss me off in no time. They could fix it with software updates or some sort of animation.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I don't care how improved it is, I think the front end looks like shit.
Screenshot_20211124-224630_Instagram.jpg
I'm hoping that the U.S. version won't have that heavy plastic looking crap attached to the lower grill and through the bumper like the Wildtraks have. It was deleted for our U.S. 5G Rangers for a full length steel bumper. Maybe they will do the same for the U.S. 6G too?

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I like it. Love the fact it has a 4 auto option.

1637853987811.jpeg
Coming from an always on AWD system, the concept of having to switch between modes is foreign to me, lol. 4 auto would be nifty.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Super disappointed there were no stake pockets though.
There are, at least based on some of the videos. They are covered by little covers so are less visible. Whether they make it to NA is a different question, but the global version should have it (if the videos are to be believed).
I saw those, but I don't think they cover stake pockets. The location is not at the same spot a stake pocket would be, which is the very corners of the bed. I think those covers are for the accessories, like sport bars and rails.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I will have to see if my pet peeve of the Ranger has been dealt with. On the 4G and 5G the way the door opening hits the cam lobe follower has to be changed. I am a big guy with a small apartment parking spot plus in the city most parking spot that are parallel with other vehicles are small. The door should be held on the follower profile at 50 %. then open to the full swing. The previous Gen trucks the door swings to 75%

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I think I just threw up in my mouth. This is a miss for me. They should be heading away from the horrendous looking F150 and not towards it. Me being in a XL STX and preferring lower trim vehicles, all the bad looks are amplified. Check out the headlights on the non LED base models.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Anyone notice there are two different projector headlights shown along with the el-cheapo reflectors. What's up with that.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Anyone notice there are two different projector headlights shown along with the el-cheapo reflectors. What's up with that.
It's pretty much what they state that putting in more money gets you more features. You got the low-end lights, LEDs for mid-range and matrix LED for the high-end.

LiveFast91

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Police Officer
Sorry Ford... but this ain't it. Happy I was able to get my '21 when I did.
Sponsored