Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care how improved it is, I think the front end looks like shit.
Screenshot_20211124-224630_Instagram.jpg
Wait till you see the starting price... ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Really no different than the F150 makeover, the base trim levels look very plain, but show me a Tremor with the new design and all of a sudden it may look a lot more attractive. Same as the 5G's, the XLT and Lariat looked kinda vanilla to me, but then I saw a Tremor and I was sold. I would not run out to buy one if they were available tomorrow that is for sure. The 5G has a distinct look and I like that. The interior has some nice creature comforts and added functionality, but overall I don't feel like my current truck is outdated or obsolete by any stretch.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
waiting for 7G then. maybe there will be a 15" screen do distract me

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I don't care how improved it is, I think the front end looks like shit.
Screenshot_20211124-224630_Instagram.jpg
Well to be fair it looks better with the LED headlights, but if you can imagine a cut where a steel bumper will be that is probably pretty close to what an XL or XLT will look like in the US. I’d be very surprised if Ford goes LED across the entire range here. They have to give people reasons to pay more for a Lariat just like they do today.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Anybody besides me notice the Drive modes knob has a new position?
2H, 4H, 4L, and ... {4A}. What witchery is this? Legit All Wheel Drive? What changes are made to enable this? Different Transfer Case? Limited Slip Diffs? Or more electronic magic from the ABS hardware?

Activate with Forscan? LOL.
They say that buyers can purchase either of 2 4wd options: full-time AWD, or electronically switchable 4wd (probably what currently exists). So, this looks to be from the AWD option.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
I like it! As much as I love mine, this looks better. The other manufacturers have a big challenge. Ford may not have different models for domestic markets, different engines, sure!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Looks like I'm a minority here, but I really like it. I really don't like the front end on my 2019. Almost didn't buy because of that. I could do without some of the extra "padding" on the 6g bumpers, but overall I think it's a great improvement.
The interior looks way better....except I think the screen is too big. Interested in seeing the 10" screen.
Love that it has 4A. I used that all the time on my Sierra when we had slushy road conditions and traction varied considerably.
Didn't see a button for memory (power) seats, so disappointed in that.
The rear side steps are awesome. So are the adjustable tie-down points.
Super disappointed there were no stake pockets though. I could really use those. Especially with such a small box.

I bought my 2019 with the intent of selling as soon as the new models came out. So now I just need to see what GM and Toyota will offer. Nissan is already off the radar. IMO it's an outdated truck, in it's 1st year. Considering a Rivian also. I don't see myself ever going back to a full-size truck, and although the Rivian is larger than a mid-size, it's still noticeably small than full-size. Just don't know if I could ever get use to those ugly headlights.

If someone would make a PHEV mid-size, with full-size options.....then take my $$$$

Last edited:

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Super disappointed there were no stake pockets though
There are, at least based on some of the videos. They are covered by little covers so are less visible. Whether they make it to NA is a different question, but the global version should have it (if the videos are to be believed).

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I like how it looks but it does seem like just another smaller version of the full-size offering in the same way early Rangers looked a lot like their big brother. I get that manufacturers like to creat “families“ of products with certain similar features and this is not unexpected or necessarily the wrong approach when developing a full line of trucks. There are some real benefits to being easily compared to the number one selling truck.

That said, our 5g Rangers really don’t share very much, stylistically, with the F-150 and that makes me appreciate my 5g even more. It stands on its own - it’s distinct - not just a smaller version of the full size Ford. I wouldn’t be unhappy with a 6g but I’m sure glad I have this 5g.
^ This. My Magnetic 2020 STX Supercab is so darn sexy and at 2K per year, I'll be driving it for the rest of my life.

I don't know what to think about the front end of the 6G. I guess the idea was to be very, very different than the 5G. Oh, well.

I saw in another post that the 6G truck is bigger? That's a turn off to me, if so.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
^ This. My Magnetic 2020 STX Supercab is so darn sexy and at 2K per year, I'll be driving it for the rest of my life.

I don't know what to think about the front end of the 6G. I guess the idea was to be very, very different than the 5G. Oh, well.

I saw in another post that the 6G truck is bigger? That's a turn off to me, if so.
No kidding Scott, in 2040, there’ll be someone drooling over a 2020 Ranger with only 35k miles on it.

I read about the slight increase in length and width in an article as well. Maybe the ROW Ranger is smaller than the NA Ranger and they’re bringing it up to match? It will be interesting to see what the NA 5g is like and if they’re looking to have a single version for all markets. Those folks who “just gotta have” a driver’s grab bar would sure be happy.

It would have been nice to see more pics of the Scab version. ?

cnj

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Crewcab STX 4x4
I REALLY like it! I am definitely a fan of the bigger/bolder looking front end. Then again, I REALLY like my 5G.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Maybe the ROW Ranger is smaller than the NA Ranger and they’re bringing it up to match?
All rangers are the same size. Maybe the different bumpers can add variety, but mechanically: the frame, length, tracks are the same.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
All rangers are the same size. Maybe the different bumpers can add variety, but mechanically: the frame, length, tracks are the same.
Except 5G Ranger Raptor is 150mm wider than 5G Ranger. :)

I wonder if the same 150mm extra width holds true for 6G raptor..
Sponsored