First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I wish it felt more car-like. My last two cars have been a Crosstrek and RAV4, and the Ranger doesn't feel car-like to me, at least not yet...
It never will. My last car was an Outback, and it was a great car. My truck is not a car.
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Ride's really good with some weight on the rear wheels , last home depot run I made I had about 400 lbs of concrete back there , rode like a dream , they actually make truck bed weights you fill with water...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
to get a car ride one would need a car or at least a car that is pretending to be a truck like the honda ridgeline, ford maverick, hyundai santa cruz and some others. i hear a lot of good things about the maverick. seems like the folks that have them really like them.

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
to get a car ride one would need a car or at least a car that is pretending to be a truck like the honda ridgeline, ford maverick, hyundai santa cruz and some others. i hear a lot of good things about the maverick. seems like the folks that have them really like them.
Let us not forget Ford's best car / truck ever....The 5th generation Ranchero GT... 351cleveland , C6 automatic 4 bbl carb
Torino Front end styling.....only made 2 years '70-'71....After my divorce in 1991,
( ex wife got my Ranger Pre-Runner and her Honda ATC 200X) I got one to carry or trailer my sand toys to the desert....Loved that thing drove like a Cadillac , hauled like a truck....😎.....

Last edited:

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
FWIW, Bilstein has stated that for the Ranger the 4600 and 5100's are valved the same, so if you're not leveling the front, save the coin and get the 4600's.

Socalnative

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Construction superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
If you aren't doing a lot of off roading, then Bilstein or Eibach is the way to go. Bilstein is more road oriented where the Eibach is kind of in between on and off road. Plus, you don't have to deal with the rebuilding of the Fox. I have the Eibach and am very pleased with them.
I have the Eibach’s on the front and rears and can agree I’m very pleased with them as well for on and off road road and coming from the FX4 as well.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
What's your opinion... I have a '19 Lariat 4x4 with 96k miles and the original factory shocks. It is riding like a log truck now. I feel every bump in the road and in Louisiana that is a lot of bumps, large bumps, in every road! What are your suggestions? Change shocks on front and back? Back only? Everything you guys say about both the Eilbach and Bilistens is good. I also read Pro Comp's were made by Bilisten, I think. I have never heard of them. They are much less expensive than the other two.
I am simply tired of getting beaten up every time I drive here.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
IMHO the Ranger ride is too harsh. 2022 Lariat. Fox on rears helped, dropping the tire PSI a little. If you want car like, guess it is the Maverick.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
What's your opinion... I have a '19 Lariat 4x4 with 96k miles and the original factory shocks. It is riding like a log truck now. I feel every bump in the road and in Louisiana that is a lot of bumps, large bumps, in every road! What are your suggestions? Change shocks on front and back? Back only? Everything you guys say about both the Eilbach and Bilistens is good. I also read Pro Comp's were made by Bilisten, I think. I have never heard of them. They are much less expensive than the other two.
I am simply tired of getting beaten up every time I drive here.
With your mileage, I would think your factory shocks are about done. I would start with just replacing the rears. You can do it in your driveway with the truck on the ground.

leanit

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
I wish it felt more car-like. My last two cars have been a Crosstrek and RAV4, and the Ranger doesn't feel car-like to me, at least not yet...
More car-like than an older truck.
Not more car-like than a car.
That would be weird.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
With your mileage, I would think your factory shocks are about done. I would start with just replacing the rears. You can do it in your driveway with the truck on the ground.
That would be my plan, except a friend at church as a lift in his garage. I will definitely be calling him to see when it is free. Just need to figure out which shocks to get.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Everyone has said it already. I started with the 5100's in the rear. Did it in my driveway. Then a had a shop install the 5100's up front.(you re-use the factory springs/perch) Finally I did the Ford OEM global Leafs(multi-pack) in the rear. With my rack and RTT the truck rides really good on the stock Hancooks
Sponsored