FX4 Suspension

Deleted member 15875

I have a regular 4x4, non fx4. After purchasing, I wished I had bought the fx4 for better suspension until I found the forum and learned the stock suspension is just poor.
Stock doesn't suck really. It just could be more composed. I did some easy off-road today and it rides like a comfy Cadillac offroad. Nothing jarring of unexpected. Truthfully, it's not that bad, but we all know it only gets better with a better set of susension to really appreciate the Ranger, IMO.
Sponsored

Deleted member 15875

I did a 2 1/2 hour trip last weekend on stock FX4 shocks and ride was just as people describe. This week, put Bilstein 5100’s on F&R, F set to stock, and world of difference in ride for the better. Stage 3 had the best price. Put these on, you won’t regret it.
I've heard running 5100's is almost a prerequiste for the rear (I have mine coming next week), but wondering if you could describe the improvement you've felt up front with 5100's?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I've heard running 5100's is almost a prerequiste for the rear (I have mine coming next week), but wondering if you could describe the improvement you've felt up front with 5100's?
It’s hard me to describe my perceived front improvement, it’s just feels better. I don’t regret my decision at all doing all four if that helps at all.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Stock doesn't suck really. It just could be more composed. I did some easy off-road today and it rides like a comfy Cadillac offroad. Nothing jarring of unexpected. Truthfully, it's not that bad, but we all know it only gets better with a better set of susension to really appreciate the Ranger, IMO.
I ended up doing 5100s all around and really enjoy it. fronts at 1.8

Heezy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
I have the ford fox lvling kit and it’s so much better imo. But it’s a pricey set.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase