TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Thoughts?

New Ford Ranger Tremor Off-Road Package Creates Most Off-Road-Capable Factory-Built Ranger Ever for U.S. Customers
B7440EE1-171E-4C06-B629-76ED963DFF90.jpeg

• New Tremor Off-Road Package available on 2021 Ranger creates the most off-road-ready factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S., adding a new level of all-terrain capability without sacrificing the everyday drivability, payload and towing capacity Ranger owners expect
  • Ranger Tremor features a lifted suspension with off-road tuned FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers and rear piggyback reservoirs, specially tuned front coilover and rear leaf springs, 32-inch Continental General Grabber™ all-terrain tires and six-switch auxiliary power pack to manage accessories including winches, light bars and air compressors
  • Thanks to its General Grabber tires and new wheel lips, Ranger Tremor has a 1-inch wider stance; it features Magnetic-painted wheels, hoop-style steps, rear recovery hooks, painted grille, and optional hood and body graphics, plus package-exclusive seats with Miko suede inserts and black interior accents

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 14, 2020 – Ford today answers the call of Ranger customers asking for an even more off-road-capable and agile Built Ford Tough midsize truck, revealing the new available Tremor Off-Road Package designed to help owners tackle even rougher off-road terrain without compromising Ranger’s payload and tow ratings. 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor goes beyond today’s already-capable FX4 Off-Road Package, making it the most off-road-capable factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.

“Tremor gives Ranger customers a new level of off-road confidence and fun,” said Chad Callander, Ford Ranger marketing manager. “With increased ground clearance, off-road tuned suspension and aggressive Continental General Grabber tires, Tremor elevates Ranger’s off-roading capability even further while keeping the unique advantages that come with a cargo box for hauling gear anywhere.”

Tremor starts with a lifted suspension, redesigned front knuckles and 32-inch Continental General Grabber™ A/TX all-terrain tires on new 17-inch Magnetic-painted wheels that combine to deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4.

FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with remote rear reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. Anti-roll bar stiffness has been reduced to minimize disruption over rough terrain and improve comfort off-road.

Tremor boosts Ranger’s off-road metrics, including a 30.9-degree approach angle, up 2.2 degrees from the base SuperCrew 4x4, a 25.5-degree departure angle, which is up 0.1 degrees and a 24.2-degree breakover angle, up 2.7 degrees.

Compared to base Ranger, front suspension travel increases to 6.5 inches. Rear suspension travel increases to 8.1 inches. Together, these improvements mean customers can confidently tackle more challenging terrain on their way to their next epic destination.

Ranger Tremor includes a frame-mounted steel front bash plate and underbody skid plates, rear locking differential, Terrain Management System™ with four distinct drive modes and Trail Control™. Tremor’s traction control system is recalibrated for improved acceleration and traction in gravel, so customers can punch it in a washout with gusto.

Ranger Tremor comes with two new recovery hooks in the rear, in addition to the two up front. It takes a wider profile thanks to the Tremor-specific General Grabber all-terrain tires, wheels and wider wheel lip moldings. New hoop steps give Ranger Tremor additional off-road styling and functionality without sacrificing ground clearance.

Despite its improved off-road capability, Tremor maintains Ranger’s utility in everyday adventures with a smooth, comfortable on-road ride, plus 1,430-pound maximum payload and available 7,500-pound maximum towing capacity, so customers can haul bikes, boats, campers and other gear on their adventures.

Customers can now also control accessories like winches, lights and air compressors thanks to Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps.

“Ranger Tremor can be your daily driver during the week then transform into your off-road adventure vehicle come Saturday morning,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “With its added off-road capability combined with the six-switch auxiliary bank and more than 200 Ranger-specific dealer-installed available accessories, Ranger Tremor is a very capable overlanding rig.”

Tremor adds new styling features inside and out. The grille features a Magnetic-painted surround with black bars running across the middle and red nostril accents in the corners. Special badging comes on both sides of the cargo box, and an optional hood and body graphics package adds extra personalization. The stylish interior features seats with Miko suede inserts and “Tremor” stitched into the seatbacks, as well as black accents.

Ranger Tremor comes with the proven 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine with 270 horsepower and best-in-class gas torque of 310 lb.-ft., paired to a class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission and standard 4x4 with electronic locking rear differential.

“No matter if you’re on-road or off-road, your truck needs to be tough,” said Callander. “That’s why toughness is engrained in Ranger’s DNA throughout design, engineering and testing. Tremor gives you the added confidence to get to where you need to go because it’s engineered to the same standards you expect in a Built Ford Tough truck.”

The Tremor Off-Road Package is available on mid XLT and high Lariat series 2021 Ranger trucks with SuperCrew 4x4 configuration. Package pricing is $4,290 MSRP. 2021 Rangers equipped with the Tremor Off-Road Package will be built at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, with production slated to begin early next year.

FACT SHEET (Download Here):

21_Ranger_Tremor_Fact_Sheet-1.jpg
21_Ranger_Tremor_Fact_Sheet-2.jpg

Ranger_Tremor_XLT_Lariat_01.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_Lariat_02.jpg

Ranger_Tremor_XLT_01.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_02.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_03.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_04.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_05.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_06.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_XLT_07.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_01.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_02.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_03.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_04.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_05.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_06.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_07.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_08.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_09.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_10.jpg
Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_11.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
The graphics would keep me away from it
The graphics look cheesy to me as well, but I see they are using the same style font for the “Tremor“decal as the “Raptor“ on the side of the bed. I guess they are going for a consistent look across the line.
I would like to see a more detailed look at the switces across the top of the dash.
But, it looks like an interesting package to me. I would be very intersted in adding at that price, I think. Would like to hear others thoughts on the price point and if it worth it.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I like it but I would wait for the Ranger Raptor if I was going to get a new truck over my current Ranger. Of course the addition of my 2020 GT500 I just landed an allocation for and should get when it’s built in the next few months precludes me from even thinking about a new truck.
I even like the stripes but I’m a stripes guy.

D489810A-362D-4664-89CE-0D52134BE6F6.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I like it but I would wait for the Ranger Raptor if I was going to get a new truck over my current Ranger. Of course the addition of my 2020 GT500 I just landed an allocation for and should get when it’s built in the next few months precludes me from even thinking about a new truck.
I even like the stripes but I’m a stripes guy.

D489810A-362D-4664-89CE-0D52134BE6F6.jpeg
I'm jealous, that's going to be a sweet ride! :rockon:

I too would just wait for a Ranger Raptor there's not enough changes on the Tremor to make me want one. They should've had a 2.7 option, that I think would've enticed people more. But with just the larger tires, lift and a few other things there's really not much you can't do yourself to your Ranger now. The built in switches are a nice feature and I agree with the others the graphics are a little cheesy for me but at least they're optional.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Well I wish this was available for 2020! Lol. It’s funny I didn’t even realize until a day or so after picking up my Lariat that the Ranger lettering was no longer pressed into the seat back. So it makes me a tad bit jealous that tremor is written in these seats. I dig that suede too. Those graphics though, who approved that lol

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what they did with the crash bars...

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
This, hopefully, is a slow build up to what we all want---a RAPTOR?. Let's go Ford make it happen in 2022-2023 or sooner.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The switch bank is pretty interesting, but I also find the addition of the rear recovery hooks nice as well! I hope those are able to be retrofitted on as well, as I have been looking for a nice recovery hook option like that. I know you can always add a hook to the hitch, but having the dedicated hooks would be a nice addition! I will be watching for those on the Ford Parts site! And nice to see Ford go with the Grabber ATx tires in a 265/70/R17 as that is the exact size and tire I was looking at to upgrade to as well in the near future! I however am not a fan of those big side steps added on. I would have liked a higher tucked rock rail option, like just a rocker panel rock rail, or something with a small step, like the Shrockworks. Those steps look they they would catch and hang on things off road pretty easy! But that is just my preference! I wouldn't go an turn my truck in for this package, but for someone getting a new Ranger, overall, a pretty nice offering!

Last edited:

WiredWeasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
I wonder what the msrp is gonna be. My XLT 302 with fx4 had an msrp of 45k up here in Canada. It's gonna be an interesting seeing the price difference between the tremor and the Tacoma TRD pro which I believe slots in at 55k ish cad.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I like it and think it's priced fair for what you get. Consider by the time someone (me) gets an FX4 package ($1295) , a Ford Performance Fox Suspension ($1495), decent off-road tires ($1,200-$1,500) you're going to be getting close to the package price and still not have all the features.

A Ranger Raptor would be nice but I dare say it will be quite a bit more expensive than an XLT with a Tremor package.

Kinda wish this was available when I bought my Ranger.
Sponsored