Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a case of wrong place, wrong time, coupled with an unfortunate lady who thinks she can lie her way out of admitting fault. Glad to hear you're OK; sorry about your truck.

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about your truck, glad you're OK. You should be fine, she can change her story with the insurance company but the PD report will tell the real story. I got rear ended in my Focus in Dec. and it was totaled. Police report told the story and my insurance got the other company to pay.

On a side note see if you can recover cost of mods you made, or see if you can recover them if it ends up being totaled.

Best of luck to you

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Wow so sad to see your truck like that. Most important you weren't hurt and the safety systems functioned. You have a police report. Did they issue a citation to the other driver? The pictures of your car will help. Pictures of damage on her car and a picture of the position of the vehicles at the end of the crash would have been icing on the cake. It is hard to argue with the laws of physics.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly why I installed a Dashcam in my Ranger! Front and Rear facing cameras. Have them in all my vehicles! Proof positive who did what and when!
It got me a NEW Windshield on my Porsche when a Weed Trimmer threw a rock into my windshield. Camera caught it all and was evidence of who and when the rock was thrown!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
What ever they decide, you can't afford to take it personally.
Insurance Companies no longer care about right or wrong, They will get together and find the cheapest way out. Sorry for your loss and for the aggravation.
Good luck with your new truck!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
What ever they decide, you can't afford to take it personally.
Insurance Companies no longer care about right or wrong, They will get together and find the cheapest way out. Sorry for your loss and for the aggravation.
Good luck with your new truck!

They most certainly do... The first thing they asked me was "Did you receive a citation". I answer "Yes, but it was thrown out". They stopped at yes, and said it was considered an At-fault accident, and as such my deductible applied, and my rates would be increased based upon the payout amount.

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician
Sorry to hear about the damage to the truck, that's awful.

Story's changing is why I have a dashcam. Insurance companies get one view of the video and it doesn't matter what's said or what story changes. Good news is the trooper wrote it up and you can send it to both insurance company's and she can lie all she wants it won't do any good.
First mod: leveling kit. Second mod: dashcam.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Let your insurance company fight it out with hers . .. if hers does not pay then your will . .that gives them motivation :)

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for your misfortune. Could have been any of us. Main thing no injuries. She was probably on the phone, so many distracted drivers. No matter how careful we are, There is always an idiot out there.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Glad you’re ok! Very sorry about your truck. Hope everything works out the way you want it to.

OP
OP
Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
First, thank you all for the well wishes!

Second: Mods. Everything I had done to the truck I had them do prior to leaving the dealership for several reasons. I no longer have the time, unfortunately, to spend hours in the garage doing them myself; I wanted them covered under factory warranty; I didn’t have to pay tax on them because the dealer had it done at their cost and I didn’t pay markup.

So, all of that will be covered because I have an invoice, provided by the dealer, as part of my final OTD price.

Third: Background. I am a LEO and I was in uniform on my way to work when it happened. I made sure I accounted for everything I needed to including securing a witness before they left and the info needed for the accident report. Her face when she realized she had been in an accident with a cop was pretty priceless. I made sure the Trooper has everything she needed when she was there and she assured me her bodycam was rolling and mic was recording. She confirmed she got her statement on mic when she admitted fault without using the exact verbiage. The verbiage for the report was “Unlawful Lane Change” and she was determined to be the cause.

Fourth: Insurance & report. I don’t think insurance will be fooled nor does the evidence support her new claim. Also, it’s illegal to change lanes in a construction zone...so...even if her company were to accept her version, it’s still illegal because she couldn’t have gone from the right merge lane to the left lane without changing lanes (BRILLIANT!).

Fifth: New Truck? I’ve found ONE locally that is nearly identical to mine; new one has factory boards and no tonneau cover and mine was the opposite. Nothing else within 100m gets me what I want without adding or subtracting or a color I don’t want.

Thanks again, guys, I’ll keep this updated as I get info.

Last edited:

Ranger #6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2, 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2012 Toyota RAV4
Occupation
Aircraft Stress Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
First mod: leveling kit. Second mod: dashcam.
I second that, except maybe reverse the order. DashcamTalk has lots of good info and reviews.