Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
UPDATE:

So...my insurance company adjuster called today and told me that she got approval from her superiors to total the truck - which is what I told her I wanted done.

I do not have any numbers or figures - she said that another division would be emailing or calling or both today or tomorrow...so tomorrow, I guess.

My guy is trying to get the truck I want from another dealer and I should know more on that tomorrow.

Haven’t heard anything from her insurance because they still don’t have the accident report yet.

Side note: my rental Chevy Silverado blows; I hate it.

TL;DR

TRUCK IS TOTALED.
Well Im sorry you have to go through this whole process but seems like totally it out and starting over is the best options that could come from this so you have the going for you I guess! Hopefully they can find you the perfect replacement truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
So, the offer for the vehicle was $45300 including $1920 for TTL; so $43XXX for the truck itself.

They gave me $536 for the accessories... I’m waiting on my adjuster to call me tomorrow and find out for sure. I intend to take my wheels and tires, tonneau cover, and the nerf bars. I’m waiting for her to call and let me know if she will devalue it if I take my things off of it - I hope she says no. I kept the stock wheels and tires, yay me!

I still don’t know about the other truck - the other dealer hasn’t responded. But it’s exactly what I have now with the exception that mine came with a tonneau cover and the new one doesn’t but does come with stock boards.

I’ll update when I get more info. I appreciate y’alls concerns and comments.

I haven’t accepted the offer yet so the vehicle is at my dealer’s body shop.

OP
OP
Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled my wheels and tires and nerf bars off the truck and put the stock wheels back on. The offer was accepted and the truck released to Copart; they’ll likely pick it up Monday.

My new truck arrived yesterday and nerf bars installed and off to the shop to have the new lift and wheels on along with tint, spray-in bed liner, and maybe flares...

If you’re looking for a REALLY low mileage savage title Ranger or lots of good parts mine will be listed shortly, I’m sure.

0A94C4D5-6B7E-4CA7-8849-B3F1532FA4A2.jpeg

AC4E6D57-5EC8-46C5-8E8D-3C04F4CD97DE.jpeg

OP
OP
Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious about the pre-collision warning/braking. Did it kick in or was there just not enough time?
That’s a good question and one I addressed in my head and not here. :headbang:

Because of the angle she was at, which was basically a 45 degree angle to me and I was beginning a curve away from her, I don’t believe it could have alerted me. All of that and then add to it that there was so little time to react that I don’t think I even hit my brakes until milliseconds before impact.

OP
OP
Hack_Actual

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Final update!

I am finally in my new truck! Everything is done. I was able to get my wheels and tires, nerf bars, and tonneau cover off the wrecked one and installed on my new one. I picked it up Thursday. My new truck is exactly like my old one.

I had named her Maverick and so I’ve named the new one Maverick v.II OR as I’ll call her, vDuece; I’ll get a build thread started soon.

I do have some interesting observations between the two trucks that I’ll point out there that may be of interest to others.

I’ve attached some relevant adjustment information for those curious; yes, my upgrades only added $536 to the truck, ergo I took them off.

BAC7D851-B7C7-418D-8260-96946778A736.jpeg

8ED241C9-87C5-43C8-9455-30125EF9D9CD.jpeg

CF51B9DD-E172-4EAB-BC3C-BB6ED37EDD80.jpeg

195A19ED-D9AE-4387-A72A-5CBC0B17CF2E.jpeg

C4143C89-8EDD-4B3B-9DCB-95C0DC31D242.jpeg

50D11495-E755-4041-BF29-D7BC7C029FF5.jpeg

Last edited:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I opened a claim with both my insurance and hers and lo and behold...her story had changed. :explode:

She’s claiming that she merged and was in the left lane for a time before I just came up and hit her.

You can clearly see by the pictures that it wasn’t a full on frontal collision. I’m sick to my stomach over now having to potentially fight this when it shouldn’t be that way.

The truck is at my dealer’s body shop, I should know more tomorrow.
I carry a dashcam. Really helped with a wreck in a neon. Story always changes. 12pm told my story. They said yada yada yada. Ok. Talk to you later we will let you kniw how the investigation goes. So i say wait! I have video. 1pm the other partys insurance said, take it where you wantbit to get fixed. They totaled the car, low balled me i threatened law suit, they paid up no questions. Good luck

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
If she got the ticket your golden. No worries.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Dash cam, y'all. Has gotten me out of blame a few times and even a lawsuit against me (not just my insurance) from a lady and her ethics-free lawyer who decided her "neck hurt" (after rear ending me at like 3 mph). Have one front and back. If I could find a way to have them pointing to the sides, I would. People have no honor anymore... especially in Atlanta. I keep a way to play the video for an officer in my car so there is no question and no court to go to to prove an officer report based on driver statements wrong, if necessary.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am sorry to see this happened to you and I'm glad you came out alright! I'm also glad you're back in a Ranger with your mods! I think I'm going to push the dashcam issue with the wife before she returns to commuting to her office in September! From a fellow LEO, be safe out there!

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I am sorry to see this happened to you and I'm glad you came out alright! I'm also glad you're back in a Ranger with your mods! I think I'm going to push the dashcam issue with the wife before she returns to commuting to her office in September! From a fellow LEO, be safe out there!
Hopefully he's ok almost TWO years later. :->