New Ranger Lugging between 1200 and 1500 RPMs - Is this normal?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I don't see anything'solid' regarding electronic programming.

(something something Smith Mundt Act)
Pretty sure they'd try to apply that last highlighted part.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Under cross examanation they would be hard pressed to explain how a less aggresive tune could cause engine or tranny damage , far less agressive than even sport mode , which they endorse.
I can live with it pretty easy now , tow / D ...lock out 9 and 10 sometimes ,S when im winding up the hollow... Its all good. , just a lot differant than im used to ... Wouldn't go back , thats for sure .

MPage92840

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Hi Folks, I have a two week old Ranger Tremor with about 700 miles on it. When cruising I notice vibration from the motor "lugging," meaning that it feels like it needs to downshift. This is common under 60 MPH. It's fine on flat roads, but a slight incline and I have to force a downshift, which usually does not last long enough, and it goes back to highest gear. I'm sure this is to improve fuel economy but worry that this is not so great for the motor. Does anybody else have this? Should I just ignore it and let it be at the RPMs it wants? Maybe the motor was designed for this? I'm just used to a 5.0 F150 that has massive low RPM torque. Thanks!
There is a recall on the Transmission that probably hasn't been completed yet. Mine sort of did the same thing until that work was completed. It's been fine since.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Can anyone here tell me if the Ford Factory Tune is worth it? I'm aware of the other tunes available but I'm one of those weirdos that insists on everything being done by Ford. I understand that other tunes besides Ford may be better but if I'm going to get one it will be the Ford version. So if I get that tune what can I expect? I'm very happy with the truck so far and haven't really experienced any of the issues being discussed/debated in this thread but I will agree that the transmission on these trucks is definitely a different experience. If it helps, 2022 STX supercab.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored