What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
Lariat Super Crew 4x4
501A
Running Boards
Trailer Tow
Chrome
FX4

MSRP 44595
Dealer Discount 1850
MSRP Discount 210
Total 42535

Of course once you add in taxes, title, etc it still ended up being over a $50,000 truck.. OUCH! My payments were way higher then I expected even with a $21000 down payment. But I've been wanting a ranger since 2010 so I went ahead with it anyway.
Sponsored

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
XLT SuperCab Sport 4x4
302A
Hot Pepper Red

MSRP 36330
X-Plan 34945 + 95 (Dealer Fee)
Taxes, Title, Reg. 2730
Total 37770 + 25 (MCA membership fee) = $37795

The dealer could not understand how I got the X-Plan pin. He asked me if I had a relative who worked for Ford. I explained to him that I was a member of MCA and that one of their benefits was eligibility for X-Plan pricing. They never asked me for my MCA membership card but the day after delivery I had to send them a picture of the card. I think they are still trying to figure out if this is all ligit. :giggle:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
XLT SuperCab Sport 4x4
302A
Hot Pepper Red

MSRP 36330
X-Plan 34945 + 95 (Dealer Fee)
Taxes, Title, Reg. 2730
Total 37770 + 25 (MCA membership fee) = $37795

The dealer could not understand how I got the X-Plan pin. He asked me if I had a relative who worked for Ford. I explained to him that I was a member of MCA and that one of their benefits was eligibility for X-Plan pricing. They never asked me for my MCA membership card but the day after delivery I had to send them a picture of the card. I think they are still trying to figure out if this is all ligit. :giggle:
My dealer doesn't take my build/saved truck but insisted on entering the order into the "official" Ford dealer order site. I needed to give him the PIN that I generated as per instructions on this board - would have never known about it otherwise.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer doesn't take my build/saved truck but insisted on entering the order into the "official" Ford dealer order site. I needed to give him the PIN that I generated as per instructions on this board - would have never known about it otherwise.
Yeah, if I hadn't known about how to get X-Plan pricing from this site, I would have paid full MSRP. The dealer assured me that I wouldn't have to pay full retail when I placed my order. But emotions run high when you first see your new truck at the dealer, so he's got you hooked, pay up or go home empty handed! :inlove: Thank you all for your great advice!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew
FX4
500A
Trailer Tow Package
Technology Package
$42200 OTD

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
While I don't have a truck yet, the tracking status on my 11/27/18 order has changed a few times. About a week ago I saw "in transit" and words to the effect it will take 12 to 28 days to reach my dealership. Then things changed and the status I saw was "awaiting shipment" and this could take a few days to a week. This morning it's back to "in transit" and 12-28 days.

My frustration level in waiting six months is certainly high. Compounding that is the lack of information from the dealer. I'll email my salesman and ask questions... and sometimes I get a response, most times I don't.

So I've been looking at trucks on dealer lots in other areas. In the process I've come up with a clip that might be of interest to many of you. This shows the MSRP and the so-called dealer invoice numbers for a few things. While I haven't yet bought a truck, a couple of dealers have been willing to negotiate down to invoice numbers... but WATCH OUT... some will try to increase the price substantially with "dealer adds" (one was $3520 worth!).

RetailVSInvoice.JPG

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
I am getting mine for "Invoice" less $500 veteran allowance from Ford. Of course, TT&L are over that.

My last two Ford cars have been from that dealer.

EDIT: And if I get it in May I get the other $500 off.

Last edited:

Renman333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Lariat
Here is an interesting Comparison from Ford Canada vs Ford USA .I built my exact truck on both websites.

Price for my truck in Canadian dollars is $45,389 Canadian dollars (which is $33,777 USD with today's exchange rate)

Price for truck on USA site is $41,625 USD ( which is $ $55,933 Canadian with today's exchange rates)

That's a difference of $7848 US For the same truck ???
Of course I paid less that the MSRP . Don't hate me.....
ranger compare.jpg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an interesting Comparison from Ford Canada vs Ford USA .I built my exact truck on both websites.

Price for my truck in Canadian dollars is $45,389 Canadian dollars (which is $33,777 USD with today's exchange rate)

Price for truck on USA site is $41,625 USD ( which is $ $55,933 Canadian with today's exchange rates)

That's a difference of $7848 US For the same truck ???
Of course I paid less that the MSRP . Don't hate me.....
ranger compare.jpg
You’re forgetting customs duties and import tax.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Renman333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Lariat
You’re forgetting customs duties and import tax.
There are no import taxes or duties on top of that Canadian price(they are built in) That price from the website is what we pay here in Canada. We do pay a sales tax on top of that, but I'm sure you all do too. So.. Just to let you know I paid $43389 Canadian ($32, 289Usd)
For a grand total out the door including dealer fees and provincial and federal tax $49,267can ($36,664 usd)

mv33458

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger soon
Wow, surprised I've never heard of the Canada car buying trick before.. Sounds like it's fairly common loophole to save money, although a headache to deal with all of the paperwork, let alone financing:

Other details:
https://slickdeals.net/f/8171830-25...ar-purchase-buy-in-canada-bring-to-us?page=25

It's crazy that a truck built in the USA is sold for thousands more here than in a neighboring country. The lariat ranger I want is around $44k USD MSRP in the US, but only $36k USD in Canada. Even after X-Plan or Invoice pricing it's about $5,000 difference.

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
There are no import taxes or duties on top of that Canadian price(they are built in) That price from the website is what we pay here in Canada. We do pay a sales tax on top of that, but I'm sure you all do too. So.. Just to let you know I paid $43389 Canadian ($32, 289Usd)
For a grand total out the door including dealer fees and provincial and federal tax $49,267can ($36,664 usd)
No sales tax here. :)
Sponsored