Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ol Jim, try as he may fail he will.

What he didnā€™t say, though, is when that will actually happen or whether or not dealers are on board with the plan.

Dealers will revolt on that an as a negotiated tool will deny warranty work and just do service work. That leaves Jim holding the bag with millions of pissed off customers and they wonā€™t return for another purchase.

Can you say Bud lite!

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Fixed pricing, going the way of CarMax and Carvana I see. Where the inflated price you see is the inflated price you pay, no haggling allowed. In no way should anyone see "fixed pricing" and think you are getting the best deal you can get.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Only way that has even a remote chance is to ditch the dealers and go to factory direct sales. All built to order. Yeah like that will work. :crackup: :facepalm:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I much prefer "The economy is in the shitter and the lots are overloaded" pricing. I like my trucks $10K under MSRP, thank you. šŸ˜†

Yes, I enjoy my 2019 black friday special. I could still sell it for $5K more than I paid for it new if I sold it right now. And I still love it too much to do so.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I much prefer "The economy is in the shitter and the lots are overloaded" pricing. I like my trucks $10K under MSRP, thank you. šŸ˜†

Yes, I enjoy my 2019 black friday special. I could still sell it for $5K more than I paid for it new if I sold it right now. And I still love it too much to do so.
Now, if I could only find a 23 Tremor for 10K under MSRP.:fingerscrossed:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

This!

3.5 years later and it's still worth more than I paid for it.

And still not looking to sell it.

But I do check the cash offers now and then...

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
This!

3.5 years later and it's still worth more than I paid for it.

And still not looking to sell it.

But I do check the cash offers now and then...
I'm not looking to sell either, unless they:
offer.jpg

Like 34 for a truck I got for 30.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
it's a nice idea. but I agree that the dealerships are gonna revolt. they've got a pretty powerful political lobby arm (at least in some states) and that model is so heavily entrenched that it's going to take a major upheaval to unseat them.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
it's a nice idea. but I agree that the dealerships are gonna revolt. they've got a pretty powerful political lobby arm (at least in some states) and that model is so heavily entrenched that it's going to take a major upheaval to unseat them.
Not to mention they're making a killing with the 'market adjustments' that people are too stupid to not pay.

pwrplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I sure don't want to see "Fixed Pricing" on a vehicle anymore than I want to see Fixed pricing on a house, boat , cottage etc, I like the idea of haggling for a better deal no matter what it is. Large ticket items afford the luxury of negotiation. It created an environment where everybody wins once a deal is made. Buyer is happy because he "thinks" he got a good deal and the seller wins because he still probably made a profit (or didn't lose $ on sitting inventory).

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I sure don't want to see "Fixed Pricing" on a vehicle anymore than I want to see Fixed pricing on a house, boat , cottage etc, I like the idea of haggling for a better deal no matter what it is. Large ticket items afford the luxury of negotiation. It created an environment where everybody wins once a deal is made. Buyer is happy because he "thinks" he got a good deal and the seller wins because he still probably made a profit (or didn't lose $ on sitting inventory).

This doesn't exist anymore though. Go in to a dealer and try to negotiate a deal. They'll tell you to piss off because someone will come in and pay their inflated prices. Fixed pricing means you'd get to pay what you should have. Deals don't exist in today's market, just like cash is worse than financing.
Sponsored