First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Do you have an opinion on the Amazon Basics sound proofing material? Sometime I am looking at doing quite a bit throughout the truck and I am looking at a cost effective bulk product without spending a fortune for a quality of life thing.
Jack,

I bought the cheapest stuff off amazon. It was super sticky and the roller really stuck it tight to the doors and the back of the cab. It made a big difference inside. I also doubled it up behind the door speakers and I think it also helped the sound qua!it of the radio.
Sponsored

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Washed the truck and gave it the clay bar and the 303 Graphene Nano spray treatment. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The Graphene hype is REAL!!! Also, this was my first experience with using a clay bar, and it was fairly easy. I used the Chemical Guys Clay Bar and Lube kit.

PXL_20230518_220305256_Original.jpeg
I did the same on my CG this weekend. I didn't seem to pick any debris up on the clay bar though, which I take to be a good sign - did you?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did the same on my CG this weekend. I didn't seem to pick any debris up on the clay bar though, which I take to be a good sign - did you?
I did mine on Friday after our return trip from pick it up it in WA. I thought for sure there's be a lot of contaminants in the paint from the rail dust to the road grime driving 1.350 miles back. After washing it twice I did the "baggie test" and surprisingly the whole truck was smooth. I use a clay mitt so it goes quickly and did it all anyways because I couldn't detail it in good conscience without it. I remember when I did my '19 it was rougher than a kid with chicken pocks.

Ninong

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Mounted my 4 switch panel from Nilights in my dash tray. It has two USB ports and a voltage display. I checked the display reading against the actual battery reading while running and the display was .06 vdc high. Not too bad in my book.

IMG_3223.jpeg

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Got the level kit installed. 1.5” from Truxxx. After two failed attempts myself, the second with some help, I took it to a shop near my office. Guy knocked it out in 2.5 hours including an alignment. I had a Truxxx on my old Sport Trac too, quality product. Ready for Carlisle.

Ranger Lift 1.jpeg

Ranger Lift 3 Before.jpeg

Ranger Lift 2.jpeg

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I tucked it back into its parking space and plugged it back into life support. My Jeep was in the shop for 12 days getting the corrosion warranty repairs done so I had to fire up the Ranger for the first time since October. I've had it 8 months and now it has 138 miles on the clock.

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
The clay bar made a huge difference in removing hard water spots, debris, etc. Visually I didn't see much debris on the clay bar; however I could tell that it picked up a lot based on the before and after touch test of the paint. The body panels felt smooth almost like glass.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
It's icon progressive springs it looked worse than it was since springs are soft. Also couldn't do multiple trips do to the person who gifted those retaining wall blocks wanted it out and quick got wm loaded in about an hour. Wasn't even on bump stop just looks bad because it's on 34s and had a drop down hitch.
You are in need of

GEN-Y HITCH

images.jpeg

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Sound proofed behind and under rear seat. Doors are next weekend. Helped calm what I consider obscene road noise in these rangers. (I drive A LOT - So, it matters)
I don't have any issues with you making your truck quieter. If I wasn't so cheap and lazy I might do it too.
My question though, is what vehicle did you have that makes the Ranger seem loud?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Pecking away at uber-detailing with the Ford Nationals in Carlisle coming up in two weeks.
Repainted the exhaust tip and tailpipe with hi-temp black paint.
Repainted the tow hooks blue. Ford Performance power coated - $125. Or one can of Krylon - $5.
Rub out wheels with tar remover, then again with wheel cleaner. Will wax them later.
Walmart had Cristal Tire Shine back in stock. Dirt cheap and lasts a long time. My uncle turned me on to it. Normally not a fan of ultra shiny tires but I'll do it for a show.