This is the End. Beautiful Friend. The End. My only Friend, The End...

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
More than the truck, I've loved this group. Great people and amazing knowledge. In anticipation of purchasing a Taco I started hanging out on their forums and I have to say, I won't be frequenting them unless I need to.

Unfortunately the situation with the Misfire on CYL-1 and how Ford has handled that (Still looking at you Peoria Ford) has left me with no confidence in the truck or the company that should be backing it. There is a design flaw and they know it.

I refuse to buy a GM Product. Ford is off the table now. Not a fan of the Nissans. Honda who? That pretty much leaves Rivian that I can't afford, a Tesla Cyber Truck that they don't really make yet, and a Tacoma. Sooooo.....

Traded the truck in today on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. I wanted the Trail Edition, but this actually had a crazy amount of goodies on it that the Trail didn't and it was cheaper. More truck for less money. I'll take it. Yes - going to have to get used to the lack of speed but that's a small trade off for what I hope is a 300,000 mile truck.

I'm still curious to see what Dave does with his so I'll come back here from time to time, but yeah, no longer a 5G Driver.

Insert Dramatic Walk Off Music...
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
More than the truck, I've loved this group. Great people and amazing knowledge. In anticipation of purchasing a Taco I started hanging out on their forums and I have to say, I won't be frequenting them unless I need to.

Unfortunately the situation with the Misfire on CYL-1 and how Ford has handled that (Still looking at you Peoria Ford) has left me with no confidence in the truck or the company that should be backing it. There is a design flaw and they know it.

I refuse to buy a GM Product. Ford is off the table now. Not a fan of the Nissans. Honda who? That pretty much leaves Rivian that I can't afford, a Tesla Cyber Truck that they don't really make yet, and a Tacoma. Sooooo.....

Traded the truck in today on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. I wanted the Trail Edition, but this actually had a crazy amount of goodies on it that the Trail didn't and it was cheaper. More truck for less money. I'll take it. Yes - going to have to get used to the lack of speed but that's a small trade off for what I hope is a 300,000 mile truck.

I'm still curious to see what Dave does with his so I'll come back here from time to time, but yeah, no longer a 5G Driver.

Insert Dramatic Walk Off Music...
It's too bad your Ranger did not live up to your expections. Good luck Greg.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Greg, I understand exactly how you feel. Ford dealers and Ford in general treat customers terribly. It is sad. for the most part the 5g rangers are great. if ford and its dealers would honor the warranty - the few flaws would be nothing but a minor annoyance. I like my five G ranger a lot. however, I expect the transmission to go out any day. as soon as my basic warranty is up my 5g will be sold or traded. im at 29k now so not long left. let me know how you like the toycoma. also, no rules about owning a 5g truck to be on this forum so do not be a stranger.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Nice ! 👍 , I traded my Ranger for a Taco a few months back , went over there to be welcomed by my new Taco brothers and IT DID NOT GO WELL!!! A few hours in and I was all the way up to "imnotlyingimreallynotbudule" before the final boot 👢, brutal over there I tell ya , guess I'm here a while longer , so you are too !

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Sad to see you go. Having a reliability issue with a vehicle is very frustrating. Let's see some pics of your new ride. Good luck with your Tacoma.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Sorry to hear your situation. I’ve had a couple of vehicles I lost faith in over the years, it’s frustrating.

I came from the Taco forum and ownership to Ranger and this site was refreshing, to say the least. True owners and not fan boys. This is a good place.

I very recently changed vehicles as well and posted that here, there was not single negative comment. Even though I do not own a Ranger anymore, it’s a good site with good people and worth hanging around.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Good luck with the new ride. I agree with your position though, I didn't have much faith in Ford and the transmission. I don't think I could ever go the Japanese route, a lifetime working in a GM plant drove that impulse right outta me.

Nice ! 👍 , I traded my Ranger for a Taco a few months back , went over there to be welcomed by my new Taco brothers and IT DID NOT GO WELL!!! A few hours in and I was all the way up to "imnotlyingimreallynotbudule" before the final boot 👢, brutal over there I tell ya , guess I'm here a while longer , so you are too !
I never knew who Budule was, but he musta been a treat LMAO.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Greg...A Taco? :shock::facepalm:

Seriously I wish you well with it and hope you have better luck with it than you did with your Ranger. Peoria Fords service hasn't been the same since Justin left and I won't even go in their now. I hate seeing anyone have problems with their Ranger and I hate even more that Ford isn't standing behind a lot on here.

I traded my '16 Taco (I'm sure you remember my hate for them) which had several issues, mostly the erratic shifting. For me (and many others) the seating position was back breaking so I hope that won't be an issue for you? Otherwise they are good trucks and if they weren't, they wouldn't be the number one mid size by a huge margin.

At the end of the day everyone has to be happy with what they drive and as longs as you're happy, we're happy for you! Yes Tacoma World is a complete mess! I only went not their for info while waiting for mine and rarely participated. You're always welcome here and I hope you stick around. This is and always will be home for you and everyone else who changes vehicles! Good luck with your new ride brother!! :like:

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Just don’t try to race us at a red light.
or me, because I am still a teenage boy at heart and will absolutely try to keep up and this 5.3 is a thirsty beast at hammertime. It's almost like it has twice the cylinders of my old Ranger 🤔🤔

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT

I'm quoating myself because I thought this was "Tell a big ole lie day" and Greg got it started, NO IDEA HE WAS SERIOUS !!! But that's the way it would go down, most likely...

Now , in Greg's defense of trading in the Ranger for a Tacoma , 🤔 ummm, 🤔.... well, he , 🤔, damn , I got nothing...

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
It's not the end Greg, it's the beginning of new troubles with a new vehicle.
Exactly. Toyota has plenty of coil failures just not because of water intrusion.

And don’t get me wrong, Ford should have stepped up.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Aside from the speed, how does it feel to sit in the seats? I had an old toyota, but never sat in the new tacos, but only read how uncomfortable they were.
Sponsored