First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Are the 2 wd and 4 wd rear pumpkins the same ? Member has an ARB rear end cover for sale from his 4x4, and wondering if it is the same/fits my 2 wd.
Thanx All...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pretty sure it is yes, but all ARB lists is for the M220 rear end, with no other info about 2/4 wheel.
Just wanted to be sure before I make an offer.
Just like the fact fill and drain are on the cover...and it's red so it should be good for a nice HP increase.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Pretty sure it is yes, but all ARB lists is for the M220 rear end, with no other info about 2/4 wheel.
Just like the fact fill and drain are on the cover...and it's red so it should be good for a nice HP increase.
Did you see the video from Banks engineering on this subject yet? If not before you go and jump at this watch his video! Very educational

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you see the video from Banks engineering on this subject yet? If not before you go and jump at this watch his video! Very educational
Found it and watched it. Very interesting pro's and con's about Banks vs others.
But, same could be said for many products we install..."cold" air intakes with "special filters", exhausts that make neat sounds but nothing else, one oil over another, ect ect ect.
I'm looking at it from the point of changing the fluid more often cause of the towing I do on a regular basis...my heavy travel trailer. Also, it appears that the cover allows a bit more fluid to be added. Had a similar cover on my E-450 based motor home and changed the fluid every 12,000 miles or so...about every 3rd oil change...just preventive maintaince. For a few $$$===piece of mind.
Besides...he might not take my offer, so nothing gained, nothing lost. Can live with the stock one.

Last edited:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
RED, for sure you get an HP increase!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Chances are with the 2wd you most likely have the m200 over the m220. My suggestion is to go to.your local Ford Dealer, give them the vin and findout what rear end you have
Sponsored