What was the end result of fuel in your oil issue?

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like Ford still has their head turned blind on the issue. I personally haven't seen any engine failure yet due to it... It does concern me in that my oil is also high on the dipstick, I'm due for an oil change and I will bring it up again to the dealer. The last time I had my oil changed I made them take note of the high oil, I will make them do the same. My reasoning being, at least if something happens I'll at least have a somewhat paper trail of it being high.
As others have advised and done, here's a link to Blackstone where you can order free test kits and I'm sure it doesn't cost much to have your oil tested as I will be doing from here on out.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/products/free-test-kits/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that in the 6 years I was active on the Ecoboost Mustang forum you would hear folks complain of fuel dilution but never heard of anyone having the oil level increase because of it.

FWIW, I changed my oil for the first time and it was at the full hole and there was no smell of fuel in the oil I drained out.
I kick myself in the ass for not taking a sample of my first oil that they changed for free when I took it in but I'll be having it tested from here on out

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped caring, went full synthetic and just change my oil every 5000 miles.
Yeah I'll be switching to the Mobile 1 full synthetic. The dealership charges $12 Plus the price of an oil filter. He can often find that Mobile 1 for $15 off per QT @slickdeals.net and they allow 2 coupons. I redeemed mine online and it took about 4 weeks to get a downloadable gift card which I used on Amazon.

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Should we be checking the oil?:wink:

Just trying to bring some levity!

OP is freaking out a bit. I think this is now 3 threads on the subject.

I get it, kinda, we all love our trucks.

Not true at all. I'm just I'm just curious how this wound up for people.

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
They then resold OP's truck for a profit. The way the used truck prices are, you could have sold to carmax yourself Delirious.

Just been reading multi threads on fuel in ol. My Blackstone report showed 5% dilution with 6k on the oil and 7k on the motor running Ford Semi-Synthetic. The viscosity was way down and the flashpoint was low. Blackstone says fuel dilution should be under 2%. Hopefully a few more miles and a lot less idling will help. Also going to a 5k change this time around. I'm waiting like everyone else, How much faster is my engine going to wear out?

Also, still wondering if a catch can would help, isn't it for gasses? This problem is liquid fuel getting by the rings and contaminating the oil. Whats the view of catch cans for fixing this problem? Maybe long trips where theres plenty of heat and time for the fuel to return to gas state?

My stock truck runs great, usually drive in tow-mode to see the gear I'm in vs sport. Very game on the Coyote conversion!

bulldogger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I have a catch can and had about 3-4 ounces of fuel in it at 1800miles, this was after the first oil change at 2700 miles. Truck now as 5000 miles on it. The catch can catch's the vapor and residual blow by from what is already in the the crank case. I personally would not want all that fuel going back into the intake manifold to be reburned. The intake manifold is plastic and coating it with that much gas and some oil mixed in, in my mind is not a great idea. JSUK putting on a catch can for this truck is a pain in the ass you better hope you have small hands. I have rising oil level on the dip stick also and will be keeping an eye on it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not true at all. I'm just I'm just curious how this wound up for people.
You started 3 threads about this within a week.

One of which was a rant about turning Ford into the NHTSA.

If that's not freaking out a bit, I don't know what is.
Sponsored