21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Glad to hear everything seems ok.

by the way, I just noticed your grill. I have one just like it that is currently being painted. currently have the raptor style but wanted something different. Love the way it looks, I feel like I made a good choice after seeing yours. I am having the insert painted magnetic and surround velocity blue.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I wonder if the fuel smell was excess fuel in the oil vaporizing. I'm reading over and over the excess fuel issue can resolve itself as the engine gets some miles on it.

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear everything seems ok.

by the way, I just noticed your grill. I have one just like it that is currently being painted. currently have the raptor style but wanted something different. Love the way it looks, I feel like I made a good choice after seeing yours. I am having the insert painted magnetic and surround velocity blue.
Nice. Love to see it all done. Only issue i have is with the grill being magnetic and spaced that far i really want to spray the intercooler black now

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the fuel smell was excess fuel in the oil vaporizing. I'm reading over and over the excess fuel issue can resolve itself as the engine gets some miles on it.
hopefully thats the case. Only 3k miles so it really hasnt had much time yet

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Thats exactly what mine looked like on the rear pass door

i was going back and forth on having it fixed but i figured it would break through eventually and then it would be just a matter of time for water to get in and really start messing it up
Yeah I am split on it for the same reasons I want it done but man, have had bad experiences with shops. One shop we took a wreck to was a shop that did my buddies SEMA car....I later figured the B-squad must be the normal shop guys because I had issues with fish-eyes in the paint even after they tried correcting it. Just traded the car in after that.

I almost rather the paint defect be chipped off and just fixed with touch up paint so I know I don't get over spray on anything or mismatched paint since there is a blue metallic in the black.

Man that oil really does look like an axle grease. Odd since the boots are clean.

OP
OP
Smprfiguy

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I am split on it for the same reasons I want it done but man, have had bad experiences with shops. One shop we took a wreck to was a shop that did my buddies SEMA car....I later figured the B-squad must be the normal shop guys because I had issues with fish-eyes in the paint even after they tried correcting it. Just traded the car in after that.

I almost rather the paint defect be chipped off and just fixed with touch up paint so I know I don't get over spray on anything or mismatched paint since there is a blue metallic in the black.

Man that oil really does look like an axle grease. Odd since the boots are clean.
It is axel grease. And that was where i was confused. Boot is clean but its a full circle of spray If it is an assembly thing im guessing there was a bunch in the boot but after the clamp so it squirted out while spinning

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I had a grain of sand or something on the door under the paint that the qc guys at the dealership circled when it came of the truck and then on the rocker where the textured protectant is painted over on the driverside the body shop said it was a chemical reaction due to the under coat not being fully dried before it was sprayed caused about 5-6 popped bubbles

i was really nervous about them painting it but they did a flawless job at the dealership
I noticed a defect in my paint too. It's hard to see as it is on the hood, towards the middle and close to the windshield. It's like a tiny little pimple or something in the paint. Is this something the dealer will take care of. I have about 10,500 miles on the clock and so far this is the only issue I've had. I will try to get a good picture here in a minute and share with you guys.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
We all want mass production prices with hand built fit and finish.
Let us know what the dealer says.
Sponsored