OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Thank you for that. I'm going to check out the setting in the truck this morning. Last night though, I did look at the FordPass app and it shows my oil life back to 100% and that "based on my usage", next oil change estimated for March 2024 in another 3900 miles (Yea, I only drive the Ranger about 4000 miles a year since I have a second vehicle too).

UPDATE THIS MORNING: Checked Settings in the truck for oil life. Said 100%. I didn't have to update anything. I'm guessing the servicing dealer updates something into my FordPass app??

Last edited:

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Took the Ranger for it's first little road trip. Took off right at 0700 and arrived just before 10. Just over a couple hundred miles round trip up on the Cumberland Plateau and back. I've been wanting to visit Charit Creek Lodge in the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. Access is hike or horse ride in only. I also needed to test out my knees on a semi challenging hike. I even added a 2.2 mile side trip up to Twin Arches and it was well worth the sore knees (both meniscus are shot).

The drive up and back was mainly windy, rural mountain roads. I really enjoy this Ranger and love the gas mileage compared to the well used Frontier I traded in.

The hike and scenery were amazing. Sunny breezy morning,. It was 34 when I headed in on the hike and mid 50s when I came out, Gorgeous weather to be outside.

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

AdamRadam

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
so after the lift was done late yesterday afternoon I came home and then went for a spin. truck rides so much better. not night and day, more like closet vs. canyon lol. all is not roses... apparently the new suspension parts and the driveshaft are not friends. the 5g has the take off shudder of driveshaft deflection that several others here have talked about. after about 15 mph it feels normal. im hoping that it is as simple as some shims to adjust the pinon angle ??? any one have input on the shudder after a lift?
I noticed this as well after installing my icon leaf springs. Just happens when the Turbo kicks in around 3K rpm in 1st and 2nd gear, then it seems fine. Curious what others found. Brief searches online point to pinion angle or perhaps 1 piece driveshaft. Hopefully someone else has fixed this.

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
That got me to wondering if my low beams really were irritating to other drivers, and maybe those three drivers weren’t a-holes after all.
Not sure if I’m not stuck to language barrier here but if I got it right there is a solution to set the height of lights. I got flashed by every fifth driver until I realized this Ranger is not so automatic as I thought. Rookie mistake by me.
2E6AB7CF-4679-4ADC-BFE8-358FEBB1B59C.jpeg
1B3D11BB-7A38-4FA8-ACF4-86C1E1295D32.jpeg

Edit: Forgot half info :D Push the knob and then turn it to set lights height. Then push it back in.

Last edited:

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Not sure if I’m not stuck to language barrier here but if I got it right there is a solution to set the height of lights. I got flashed by every fifth driver until I realized this Ranger is not so automatic as I thought. Rookie mistake by me.

Oh, and what I did with her today?
Can’t tell ;)
WHOA! You have a completely different feature there. The US model does not have that capability. That is very interesting.

IMG_4662.jpg

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT

Edit: Forgot half info :D Push the knob and then turn it to set lights height. Then push it back in.
Now I wish I had an adjustable Squid Launcher. ;)

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
WHOA! You have a completely different feature there. The US model does not have that capability. That is very interesting.

IMG_4662.jpg
And I was hoping I could help maybe… okay… ? ?
But there must be somewhere a place you can set lights height.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
And I was hoping I could help maybe… okay… ? ?
But there must be somewhere a place you can set lights height.
We also lack the rear fog lights.

I am sure you are correct that there is somewhere to adjust. Thank you for the suggestion! :)
Yeah, pop the hood and use a tool to manual adjust each light manually.