I’m now living the high life

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I used 87 for the first 4 months or so and have been using 93 for the last 3-4 months, and I'm about to go back to 87.

Personally, I see little to no difference. I haven't seen any significant difference in MPG...maybe it feels a bit peppier, but for the difference in price, it's not worth it imo. My Honda is different....definitely felt better with the 93. No doubt.

Maybe going back to the 87 will feel different and I'll notice more......it has been months now. We'll see.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I took a B-12 vitamin and hot damn the truck shifts nice. ?

It must be the Livernois tune.
You took a vitamin and now your liver is making noise?
Hope that's covered under warranty!

OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
As stated in the book " for better performance and/or towing use premium fuel(91 and up)"
I have no idea what “performance” means lol. Never been in a performance vehicle. Id probably shit my pants if this truck had a hot tune in it running 93 ?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Here, there is a 72 -cent difference from 83 to 93. $3.27 for 83, $3.99 for 93.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have no idea what “performance” means lol. Never been in a performance vehicle. Id probably shit my pants if this truck had a hot tune in it running 93 ?
Time to explore Sport Mode, then.
Bring yourself some towelettes. You may need them ;)

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I even found myself looking at that tailgate damper the other day on Amazon.
Just so you know, they aren't as nice as some would lead you to believe. they are like transvestites- it's ok to watch the drag race just don't take it home

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
So let me preface this by saying I’ve never ran anything but 87 octane gas in every truck I’ve owned. Well last night we had some Kroger gas rewards and since it was just me and my son to make our own decisions and fend for ourselves out in the wild (wife was at home), I may have “accidentally” filled up with some of that premium gas you all talk so highly of. After a few minutes of different than normal shifting (truck probably was wondering what this extra delicious shit I just gave it was) the engine ran like a completely different engine. Zero lugging at lower speeds and smooth. I tried like hell to get it to lug today on the way to work up a few hills and couldn’t. Completely different drive and was smoother than normal. I have no idea if the added gas mileage is worth it, I’ll have to do the math. Anyway this was with 93 added to 1/4 tank of 87, so not even full 93 per se, and well damn. Impressive to say the least. I always thought 93 was for people that just send it and those with the fancier cars who’s names I can’t pronounce lol. Maybe I’m starting to go over to the dark side but it felt good boys!

Now to the next order of business, need to build me a fishing rod holder in the bed so I can put some of my longer rods in it so if anyone has done something like that let me know.
We used our Kroger points the last 3 months to get $1.55 off for 35 gallons of premium. Have another $1.55 waiting to use. Between the extra money off for using our Kroger credit card, getting 4x the points on gift cards and doing a survey once every 7 days for 50 extra points it adds up fast. Using the Kroger card on other items and paying it off adds points also. Plus on there digital coupon app we got a 7x the points for buying certain private selection products. This beats my Sam's club gas station like a drum.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
This reminds me that I did Spruce syrup just few days ago. Pretty good stuff.
Never tried Spruce, but I have had Hickory syrup. Freakin' delicious.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Just so you know, they aren't as nice as some would lead you to believe. they are like transvestites- it's ok to watch the drag race just don't take it home
Sean looks really good in a dress when he shaves his beard.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Sean looks really good in a dress when he shaves his beard.
don't know who Sean is but I'm picturing a lumberjack in a blue sequin cocktail dress beard and all:oops:
Sponsored