Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
About $3.50 in my neck of the woods.
$4.50 if you're into 93 premium.

"They" can spin it anyway they want; but this is not good for working folks.
Yea we've seen worse, but this is not great, is it?
Certainly nothing to brag about, as "they" do.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You misspelled $3.
The new normal will be over $3. Inflation is going up and our government is too stupid to fix it.

On top of that, our current leaders force us to rely on foreign oil. That means we don't have any control over what's being charged. Produce oil at home, save money.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Last article I read last week noted they expected it to be $7/gal in California by June. Something about switching to summer blend was rolled into that article as well.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Prices only dropped so it would look good for the election. They’re up about 50cents in my area too.
Now included in this new pork barrel spending bill they voted on without reading, it includes a tax on oil companies, so we will be paying for that.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
That's the problem. People begin to accept an unreasonably high price as long as it's not more than X amount of $$. This is how they force people towards alternative energy. Prices spike and come down, but not nearly where they were before. Then they spike again and so on. Next thing you know, the "acceptable" price is more than the outrageous costs of alternative energy and people begin turning towards that. Obama even said that energy prices need to "necessarily skyrocket" for alternative energy to come about.

It needs to go back down close to where it was a couple of years ago to be acceptable.
Isn't this the exact opposite of what the oil companies should want? Why would they want to drive people to EV's? certainly not in their interest. I agree with the rest of your post, it's like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If there is Kroger in your area, buy gift cards. I buy eBay, Amazon, and lowes. Just paid $5.42 for 35 gallon. Last year I spent around $900 on gas
We have Fry's which is owned by Kroger. Around the holidays they have 4X the gas points for gift cards. I'd buy card for myself at places I knew I was going to shop at anyways. Even bought Fry's cards got the point and got more points when using the card. Being Polish has it's advantages! ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Our local refinery is doing maintenance right now, so capacity is down and prices are rising...
Let's be fair.

They aren't doing routine maintenance.

Sun Core is shut down because they had 2 major fires within a couple of weeks of each other. And they plan to be shut down.

Although we still have fairly reasonable prices here compared to the rest of the country. For now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.