carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Down But Not Out

The average national gas price was $3.50 on January 27, up more than ten cents over the prior week and forty cents over the end of December.

Steadily decreasing gas prices this fall boosted some segments of the used car market.

We’ve seen a great deal of rising demand for larger vehicles in the past two months after several months of abysmal large truck and SUV sales.

That may no longer be the case as gas prices are climbing again.

The average national gas price hovered around $3.50 on January 27, up more than ten cents over the prior week and forty cents compared to the end of December.

Here’s what AAA spokesperson Andrew Gross said:

“The recent rising temperatures led to rising pump prices. And with the cost of oil hitting $80 a barrel, there is a lot of upward pressure on gas prices at the moment.”

If this trend continues, we may see lower interest in larger trucks and SUVs, which means you’ll probably make less when you sell.

And gas prices will only go up as people begin to travel in the spring. So if you’re considering selling a gas guzzler, this may be the time to do it.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think everyone that has a large SUV or truck knows they’re not the best in gas and didn’t buy them for their efficiency. They need these for work or towing and usually have a more efficient vehicle at home. I think most who didn’t want one of these dumped theirs last summer when gas spiked to $5.00/gal.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
I think everyone that has a large SUV or truck knows they’re not the best in gas and didn’t buy them for their efficiency. They need these for work or towing and usually have a more efficient vehicle at home. I think most who didn’t want one of these dumped theirs last summer when gas spiked to $5.00/gal.
You have a point. Higher gas costs come with owning a large SUV or truck, so after last summer, everyone who still has that kind of vehicle either needs it or feels that the pros outweigh fuel economy.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
At this point it's hard to predict anything. Fuel prices will most likely go up if demand jumps but inflation and a recession can counteract that. Increased interest rates and debt ceiling standoffs can change everything. One other tidbit is demand is rising even with layoffs and interest rates that should curb that. It seems that 16 million illegals being given government handouts are pushing demand in the opposite direction it should be going now. Something that has never been encountered before and no one can predict exactly what will happen next. Plus we could be one step from a major war on 2 fronts that would change everything. Now that Mexico is outlawing gmo corn you probably will see more ethanol being pushed in fuel also. This is definitely not just a simple repeat of history we are facing.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like that's all this forum does anymore, LOL! Got to have fuel or walk! I haven't once bitched about how much it's going up. It's about like these idiots bitching about the price off eggs, stop eating them if they're too much.... Or learn to manage your money better :D

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Seems like that's all this forum does anymore, LOL! Got to have fuel or walk! I haven't once bitched about how much it's going up. It's about like these idiots bitching about the price off eggs, stop eating them if they're too much.... Or learn to manage your money better :D
Sounds like you have zero sympathy for others. Money and prices really mean nothing to many of us that took advantage of investing for our future. I see local people having to choose between food and fuel to heat with. There are many falling behind financial responsibility with interest rates rising. It's not about managing money anymore, it's about lowering the living standard to survive for many working families as they face hyperinflation up here. It's a real problem that your attitude won't fix.

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
warmer temperatures raise gas prices….. good to know ?
another argument for EVs

just saw Bidet admin is recommending drilling Alaska

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
So weird, who would think that demonizing the energy source that powers 95% of the world and making moves to reduce future drilling would cause prices to increase?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
warmer temperatures raise gas prices….. good to know ?
another argument for EVs

just saw Bidet admin is recommending drilling Alaska
but without a pipeline to move it it won't do much good.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Funny...I thought it's been going up everyday...is this Brandon's way of saying "the economy's never been better?"

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
At this point it's hard to predict anything. Fuel prices will most likely go up if demand jumps but inflation and a recession can counteract that. Increased interest rates and debt ceiling standoffs can change everything. One other tidbit is demand is rising even with layoffs and interest rates that should curb that. It seems that 16 million illegals being given government handouts are pushing demand in the opposite direction it should be going now. Something that has never been encountered before and no one can predict exactly what will happen next. Plus we could be one step from a major war on 2 fronts that would change everything. Now that Mexico is outlawing gmo corn you probably will see more ethanol being pushed in fuel also. This is definitely not just a simple repeat of history we are facing.
Remember just a few short years ago (even during a “pandemic” with the right people running things) when we had not a single worry of war, our dollar got us a lot more and you could fill up at the pump and not even have to worry about looking at prices. I remember.

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Funny...I thought it's been going up everyday...is this Brandon's way of saying "the economy's never been better?"
Well he can’t speak a complete and coherent sentence, so maybe. As we all know gas prices will go back down before the next election. Right before this last midterm election, didn’t he tap into reserves to artificially lower prices? Prices will continue to go up until about 6 months before the election as usual. And if I remember correctly, 2 weeks after he stumbled his decrepit ass into the White House, prices shot up. They blamed the rise in gas prices on Russia/Ukraine and yet prices were already inflated prior to that whole ordeal.
But just know, Uncle Joe is here to help us all ok. He wouldn’t lie to us.

Wasn’t it Ronald Reagan that said the the nine most terrifying word in the English language are “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.