Not a Ranger, but dealer pricing games info.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
  • Banned
Had to pick my wife's car up from the local dealer today after having a recall completed. I couldn't resist walking around the lot as they had 5 or 6 Broncos out front. No price on any of those! God only knows how badly they plan on raping anyone looking at one. But they also had a black Maverick. Not FX4, but it did have the 2.0L versus the 3 HP Briggs and Stratton with the D cell Duracell wired to it. It had the "current market price" on the window. Ready? $49,900 and change! For a f***ing Maverick! I hate 99% of car dealers.

No, I did not order my truck from these bozos.
Sponsored

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I still think hard times are coming, especially for the car dealers. As sadistic as it may sound, I will enjoy seeing some places shutter.

Of course I’ll pounce once they start cutting their own throats. Lol. Nah, I probably won’t, I just like this Ranger too damn much to go another route.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
The big dealer to the south has just been purchased by a mega chain owner. They already bought out another small local dealer and absorbed them. They are in the process of buying out another local dealer and the employees are jumping ship like rats from the titanic. The new owners brought in a bunch of new and used vehicles and seem to be treating their employees better from what I was told. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
When I purchased off a lot in mid October of this year I paid $1,500 ADM for my Ranger. Not proud of it but I repeat it so that other people get a realistic picture of what the buying market was like at the time. My salesman told me numbers for the Maverick and Bronco that seemed in line with what you are saying. He said they add $20,000 ADM for a Bronco and $15,000 for a Maverick. That said, they started at $7,500 markup for my Ranger and we walked down throughout the afternoon..

Agree the madness is slowing down. I was hoping it would be over by now, even. Stealerships, man, I tell ya.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
About 1 month ago I read that used car wholesale prices have come down finally yet at the retail level those used car prices keep going up. The used car dealers are making out pretty good these days and banking the difference.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I've seen a website that lists a lot of dealerships that don't charge ADMs. Can't find it right now but might be a helpful tool if anyone can link to it.

OP
OP
Friday yet?

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
  • Banned
I bought mine at Dalton Ford in GA. Seem to be a good bunch. Even let me use XPlan since I was ordering it. Only dealer I found that would still do XPlan in this market. He said if you buy off the lot it is MSRP. No discounts. Which in today's world seems very fair.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
One of my coworkers bought a tacoma pro with a 5k market adjustment...

I laughed and asked if he liked paying for nothing... He wasn't happy when I told him I was getting a ranger the way I wanted it with a discount because I was willing to wait a few months...

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
One of my coworkers bought a tacoma pro with a 5k market adjustment...

I laughed and asked if he liked paying for nothing... He wasn't happy when I told him I was getting a ranger the way I wanted it with a discount because I was willing to wait a few months...
He bought a tacoma, so technically he is paying for nothing?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Ben hardy has some nice recent videos on the state of the current market..

They are ~10 minutes each so they're easy to watch...

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I asked the dealership I'm working at how bad sales have dropped compared to precovid. They said well below half of the old volume. I haven't looked at a lot of of inventory but the only marked up one I saw was a GT350 that was 20K over sticker. One of the guys told me they pretty much sell everything at sticker. There's 5 other ford dealerships within a 15 minute circle so I assume they don't want to drive customers away an hope to keep them coming back when times get better.
Sponsored