Renewed SiriusXM today....

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
May I nominate you as the all knowing House GURU of Ranger Audio?!?!
You can nominate me as the guy who hates sirius lol partially cause it sucks but also cause not only did my ex love it the dude who comes by work who is from sirius is a complete dickhead
Sponsored

OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
You can nominate me as the guy who hates sirius lol partially cause it sucks but also cause not only did my ex love it the dude who comes by work who is from sirius is a complete dickhead
You're a 'fun guy' for sure.....

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever....
Hey you asked lol also just goes to show how great ford is that they give you all that for free (for now that is) I will say tho using alexa to start the car is a nice feature but other manufacturers with the amazon agreement do that for free as well

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, with the places I go the other apps do me no good as they will require cell service or downloaded music on a device. I'll stick with my Satellite Radio
Whatever you say dr seuss lol and I wont deny that it has some merits but fm is free and does the same shit also downloading with the apps is super easy and seamless also better audio quality also I really hope you got the dr seuss joke

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
You're a 'fun guy' for sure.....
Is my hatred for xm radio completely rational? Absolutely not however from a pragmatic standpoint apart from very specific circumstances that are extremely rare and also have other equal if not arguably superior solutions it is a waste of money, you could be buying new rear shocks or if you are into it tailgate dampeners or tunes or a single wheel lol

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Whatever you say dr seuss lol and I wont deny that it has some merits but fm is free and does the same shit also downloading with the apps is super easy and seamless also better audio quality also I really hope you got the dr seuss joke
Clearly you have never been out west. If you have you.would know that FM and AM Radio is not available just anywhere. There are plent of "Blind Spots" for both out here. If you want to download you music then do so, as for me and others we will enjoy our Satellite Radio

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly you have never been out west. If you have you.would know that FM and AM Radio is not available just anywhere. There are plent of "Blind Spots" for both out here. If you want to download you music then do so, as for me and others we will enjoy our Satellite Radio
Yeah Like I said above my hatred for xm is mostly a joke and irrational lol there are very limited use cases for it but I hate to see yall spending money there when you could be buying more old man emu stuff or tailgate dampeners lol

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
My ex has it in her mustang and yeah every bridge we would go under and just about every thick tree we'd go under it would get spotty or cut out and hers is a new mustang as well. maybe floridas sat coverage isn't as good but yeah its been extremely unreliable, and nope! you can download anything and use it offline you can even download to your apple watch and for instance if you are working out or your phone dies still use headphones (wireless ofc) and listen. for the ones where it randomly picks songs yeah you need service for it to preload them but you can set stuff to auto download as well
I definitely encountered the spotty reception when I used it. I was living in IN, MI, and PA those years. It did cut out under thick trees and deep valleys. And definitely going through the tunnels in Pittsburgh. IIRC, they have ground repeaters, too, so the reception tends to be better in cities when you are within range of one, but quality often declines when you're out in the boonies with no repeater nearby.

I definitely feel that sat radio doesn't have much longer in this world. Streaming services (esp the ones that let you download playlists for later) do just as well if not better. And are hella less repetitive.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
What's with all the hate? Let ppl choose. I have XM+Pandora plus and google pod casts. Variety my friend. Also when your off the grid you can still get SAT radio ?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
What's with all the hate? Let ppl choose. I have XM+Pandora plus and google pod casts. Variety my friend. Also when your off the grid you can still get SAT radio ?
The hate is just a meme as stated earlier I just want people spending their money where it goes furthest, on guns and lift kits lol

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Try the apple music channels, you can do them based on albums songs or artists lots of great stuff beyond just the ones they have in their radio tab so if you like a song you can make a station based off it I do that all the time and by liking and disliking stuff you can further hone things
I’ll try those, too. Thanks!

Freqz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, 1977 Scout II
I had Sirius/XM for years…traveling places where the radio doesn’t even get static it was a Godsend. It just got more and more expensive and the channel I really liked (Outlaw Country) got more and more overtly political. It’s not that I mind political music, per se, but midwit level overt politics is just…not something I enjoy getting force fed.

I switched to Spotify about a year ago and have been really happy with it: I cover me, my wife, two boys, and my mother with our own accounts for less than the cost of my single vehicle Sirius subscription.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I cannot fathom any reason to buy sirius when apple music and its contemporaries exist, offline playlists doesnt lose coverage every time you go under a tree with moderately thick foliage you get to pick what you listen to, satellite is inferior in every way and way overpriced.
Prime music is still better than sirius it may as well be fm radio you pay extra for and amazon and apple music both have features to let you listen to something new I use it all the time, I will absolutely die on the hill that sirius is outdated and has zero use in the modern world
Is my hatred for xm radio completely rational? Absolutely not however from a pragmatic standpoint apart from very specific circumstances that are extremely rare and also have other equal if not arguably superior solutions it is a waste of money, you could be buying new rear shocks or if you are into it tailgate dampeners or tunes or a single wheel lol
So I gotta ask, how much do you hate SiriusXM? ?:LOL::LOL:

This thread was quite entertaining to say the least but I did learn a few things about streaming. And also to never give @Squatchranger shots of Tequila while listening to SiriusXM. ?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
You audiophile types are just too much sometimes. I mean give it a rest already.
Not an audiophile but I prefer Spotify Premium, and I can definitely hear the difference between Spotify's 320 kbps bitrate and satellite radio's average of 64 kbps. Select very popular channels might get 96 or 128, better but still not very good. Like an obscure channel? You're getting low bitrate for sure.

For those of you wondering what low bitrate music sounds like, it's all in the high frequency harmonics and complexity. Musical instruments that have higher frequency harmonics begin to degrade under a low bitrate because there's just not enough data there to accurately reproduce it. The sound gets grainy and dull, like a blanket has been thrown over your speakers. The detail that adds clarity and realism disappears. Music with high complexity - many instruments or effects playing at once, makes this stand out worse. It's even easier to hear a low bit rate in this case.

The situation with satellite radio will not improve. Bitrates have been selected for maximum profitability rather than quality. It's basically "How many channels can we have before people complain too much about low quality?" Satellite bandwidth is fixed because the architecture can't be expanded. Fewer channels with higher quality? They lose subscribers. More channels with much lower quality? They lose subscribers. It's a balancing act. Make no mistake satellite radio companies have an entire division dedicated to this balance.
Sponsored