First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Forscan is free. You get full trial for 2 months and then for a small fee you can get an extended license. Personally I did the lifetime one because they deserve the support for what they provide. It’s a WIKI group so crowdsourced and not a company. https://forscan.org/home.html
Ok so what do I use to connect to the Ford? My cell?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ok so what do I use to connect to the Ford? My cell?
On the website they recommend an OBD unit that connects to your PC. It is not recommended to use wireless to do these settings. I have both but decided to buy the wired one to play it safe.

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
On the website they recommend an OBD unit that connects to your PC. It is not recommended to use wireless to do these settings. I have both but decided to buy the wired one to play it safe.
Can u please link me. To yours I would appreciate it

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I want to do this pretty badly after hearing someone needing it on dunes. A little bit nervous though.

OP
OP
Steve23

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I want to do this pretty badly after hearing someone needing it on dunes. A little bit nervous though.
It's a joke to do. Connect OBD2 to your truck, download forscan and enable it (its literally change a single value) and to install the button all you have to do is pop some of the center trim up and swap the button.

MassRanger

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance mechanic
Is it possible to add the terrain management selector on the low model dash?

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It's the basic black and blue screen in the instrument cluster

Screenshot_20211013-220340_Gallery.jpg
Your tcase selector looks identical to mine. I installed the TM button version and made it all work through forscan.

MassRanger

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance mechanic
Your tcase selector looks identical to mine. I installed the TM button version and made it all work through forscan.
Do you have the black and blue instrument cluster?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Has anyone added terrain management to a rwd? I'm looking to race my truck on a rally track and would like to keep the rear locker on but would like to use sand mode to keep abs from kicking in when swinging the rear end out in turns.

I can disable abs but then I can't lock the rear and I at least want that for when I take off even if it shuts off at 20mph.

I don't even have the knob for 4lo and 4hi since I'm rwd so I'm wondering if anyone has added TM on a rwd.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Has anyone added terrain management to a rwd? I'm looking to race my truck on a rally track and would like to keep the rear locker on but would like to use sand mode to keep abs from kicking in when swinging the rear end out in turns.

I can disable abs but then I can't lock the rear and I at least want that for when I take off even if it shuts off at 20mph.

I don't even have the knob for 4lo and 4hi since I'm rwd so I'm wondering if anyone has added TM on a rwd.
I am curious if it can work. First I would check under the center console and look to see if the connector for the 4wd switch is there. If it isnt there then I cant promise if it would work. If it is then get the correct 4wd switch and enable through Forscan and see what happens. Worst case it doesnt work

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I am curious if it can work. First I would check under the center console and look to see if the connector for the 4wd switch is there. If it isnt there then I cant promise if it would work. If it is then get the correct 4wd switch and enable through Forscan and see what happens. Worst case it doesnt work
That's true, I'll look tomorrow for the switch to start
Sponsored