Terrain management system

MoonWatcher

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I will apologize upfront for this question, but I am a newbie to the terrain management system. I understand that in a typical 4x4 you can't drive on dry pavement especially in a turn. With the Ranger's terrain management system if you are driving in snow then hit areas that are basically dry pavement and leave it that mode....will that harm the drive train like a typical 4x4? Or will the individual wheels spin at different rates like a typical AWD system and keep the drive train safe? I appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I will apologize upfront for this question, but I am a newbie to the terrain management system. I understand that in a typical 4x4 you can't drive on dry pavement especially in a turn. With the Ranger's terrain management system if you are driving in snow then hit areas that are basically dry pavement and leave it that mode....will that harm the drive train like a typical 4x4? Or will the individual wheels spin at different rates like a typical AWD system and keep the drive train safe? I appreciate the feedback.
No matter the terrain mode your truck is still 4wd. There is no terrain mode that will turn your truck into an AWD vehicle.