Adding the Terrain Management System

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
If I remember correctly installing the TM switch gives you the TM functions, it just doesn't show up on the dash display so you know which mode you are in. You need Forscan for that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve23

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I assume all this stuff voids the warranty?

I have an 8 year I want to keep but between Forscan, Icon and Liverwurst it's tempting...
Warranty questions are hard because a dealer will try to blame an issue on anything they can. Will using forscan itself void your warranty? Doubt it unless you muck with some low level settings. Adding the terrain management? I’d say no because it’s a software setting available in all rangers. Just for non FX4 it’s turned off. Now the suspension and tune you’d have to ask YOUR Ford dealer.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Warranty questions are hard because a dealer will try to blame an issue on anything they can. Will using forscan itself void your warranty? Doubt it unless you muck with some low level settings. Adding the terrain management? I’d say no because it’s a software setting available in all rangers. Just for non FX4 it’s turned off. Now the suspension and tune you’d have to ask YOUR Ford dealer.
I equated Forscan with going into config settings in your computer, along those Iines.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I equated Forscan with going into config settings in your computer, along those Iines.
Yeah, I only changed a dozen or fewer settings, like bambi mode, adding the seat heaters to the sync display, turning off enhanced engine noise and adding sound canceling. Nothing too dramatic. If anything ever happens that I need warranty repair I will back that stuff out, if I can get into the system, but I would hope that those minor changes won't matter. I guess I'll find out.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yeah, I only changed a dozen or fewer settings, like bambi mode, adding the seat heaters to the sync display, turning off enhanced engine noise and adding sound canceling. Nothing too dramatic. If anything ever happens that I need warranty repair I will back that stuff out, if I can get into the system, but I would hope that those minor changes won't matter. I guess I'll find out.
I am really looking forward to disabling the fake engine noise more than anything. Everything else is gravy!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I am really looking forward to disabling the fake engine noise more than anything. Everything else is gravy!
that's how I felt. I changed the splash screen an added the off road display. I'd been happy with just losing the fake engine noise, it's a big improvement IMO.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I can tell it's off, but I can still hear the engine a bit. It sounds the same, to my ear, just not as loud.

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I installed the TM switch. Can someone link the forscan I need to buy? I've seen a couple of links and want to make sure I get the correct one.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I installed the TM switch. Can someone link the forscan I need to buy? I've seen a couple of links and want to make sure I get the correct one.
You want the WIKI one. You download from the WIKI page.

OP
OP
Steve23

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Forscan is software you download. You’ll need a OBD2 device to plug into your truck though

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Gotcha, specific one you recommend that's better than the other?

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Where and how much is a forscan?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Where and how much is a forscan?
Forscan is free. You get full trial for 2 months and then for a small fee you can get an extended license. Personally I did the lifetime one because they deserve the support for what they provide. It’s a WIKI group so crowdsourced and not a company. https://forscan.org/home.html
Sponsored