First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
As for trail control it has yet to be figured out and probably won't happen.
Never say never. :)
Actually, @daczone is working on this now. No promises but he has good intel that he's using to try to make this work.

It's going to be a little easier than when we added Adaptive Cruise and looks like it will only need software updates/programming using FORScan - and of course the correct set of buttons in the console.
Sponsored

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Actually, @daczone is working on this now. No promises but he has good intel that he's using to try to make this work.
Woah, awesome news that the effort is still underway. Is there any partial high-level update that could be given out just to satisfy our (our = my :D) curiosity?

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I also misunderstood that word saying be nannies on. I took this as aggressive word but sounds like it's not. And yes I am accepting myself that I'm a beginner so could make mistakes. My attitude has been as a learner or like a student not that being a arrogant person. If I have had someone feeling bad I want to say my apologies. But thanks y'all advice!
Your not being called a nanny but I could see how you could find that offensive. Nannies are the electronic devices that take away the pure driving experience most of us grew up with. Or those who race on a track do not like. To be fair as a new driver I hit a few things my first winter. There was one less stop sign, not sure what happened to it after I ran it over. ?

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Never say never. :)

It's going to be a little easier than when we added Adaptive Cruise and looks like it will only need software updates/programming using FORScan - and of course the correct set of buttons in the console.
Yes I haven't given up on this.

My Theory: Trail Control uses the ABS PUMP which is the exact same part number as a standard ranger but I believe has different firmware loaded on it for this function. For those of us without the factory FX4 option when we enable it in Forscan we get Advance Trac errors (ABS MODULE).

I just renewed my Forscan and I have purchased a ABS Pump from a FX4 Equipped Ranger. I'm not going to replace my pump, but simply connect it electronically to see if I can successfully enable trail control. And IF that is true I will then see if I can extract the firmware from it.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
And IF that is true I will then see if I can extract the firmware from it.
Neat idea.
I have FX2 which should have the same ABS hardware, and had also added the buttons in hope of this working. Perhaps TC will work with 2WD as well eventually.
I know it's a ways off, if it ever gets to 4wd working, and 2wd might be next, let me know if there's any info you'd want from my vehicle, eg firmware via forscan (I have a permanent license)

Either way, best of luck with this upcoming testing.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Yes I haven't given up on this.

My Theory: Trail Control uses the ABS PUMP which is the exact same part number as a standard ranger but I believe has different firmware loaded on it for this function. For those of us without the factory FX4 option when we enable it in Forscan we get Advance Trac errors (ABS MODULE).

I just renewed my Forscan and I have purchased a ABS Pump from a FX4 Equipped Ranger. I'm not going to replace my pump, but simply connect it electronically to see if I can successfully enable trail control. And IF that is true I will then see if I can extract the firmware from it.
Well it looks like Forscan will not backup firmware, only load firmware. So if the above it true it would require a swap for a FX4 unit.

1673934522865.png

So maybe in the future... and it can update, but only based on the AS Built which of course is tied to the VIN.

1673934601719.png

ttrucks

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
sorry I haven't read the whole post but if it's ice really doesn't matter how many wheel drive it is when trying to stop. 4x4 ,AWD,traction control stopping is not going to be easy. all that stuff gets you going but not stopping on ice. they have great systems to help.but on ice no traction to the ground. that is why you will see a lot of accidents with SUVs they can get going but can't stop, a false sense of security. think of how many times you slipped on ice unless you have spikes on not much is going to help.some of the add on will help a little,its more about the brakes,tires ,traction to stop, sorry I went on so long THANK YOU for your service and stay safe
Sponsored