MattS

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
Hey Everyone,

New here, been creeping for a few days. Looks like an entertaining spot, and have gotten some ideas for what to do to my truck.

I was just wondering if anyone had any fun stories on what they bought for their rig that made their other unhappy. Me... well, I bought the whole damn truck. I brought up that I wanted one (have a 98 ranger that is beat to death, and I missed a solid truck in my life), and my dad wanted to buy my VW. She didn't say no... so I took it as "sounds like a great idea." Next day, put the plan in motion. Two days later, picked up a 2020 ranger xlt fx4. I was, lets say, in the dog house. Took her and her kids camping the next weekend, and that seemed to get me out of it. She is on board now. Told her the seat covers I bought were to keep the seats clean from the kids. She has not noticed the Eibach box sitting in the garage yet. Lets see if I can get that on without her noticing. Playing with fire on this one.

What have you bought or done with your truck that made your other mad? Or what are you hiding?
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Fun thread idea. :thumbsup:The only thing she did not like at first was the Turbosmart BOV. Just because I would throttle on throttle off throttle on throttle off. Just to hear it hiss everywhere :giggle:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
She has seen it all but the tune. Last thing she caught was the Weathertech window deflectors. " Where did you get those Weathertech things" as she looked out the window?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I guess I'm lucky because my gf could care less. When a package comes in she'll ask what it is but never says anything about it. Now my gun collection is another story. lol She'll constantly say "another one" and roll her eyes. :rolleyes: Been safe there since the prices are way to high and there's only one I have my eye on and she knows it's $2,400.00. I think that one would cause a little stir.:curse:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It be nice if my wife actually cares what I did...I'm not sure she know where I am in the house lol...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is fine with it all but I still sugar coat things a bit just to keep things cool.

General Grabber A/T X 275/70R17 = it needs winter tires ☑
Bushwacker Flares = protect the paint from gravel roads at the cottage ☑
Westin Step Nerfs = to help you get in and out ☑
Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform = rack for my longer ladders ☑

Some things you can’t and shouldn’t try to explain, such as:
  • Roush CAI
  • Raptor-style Grill
  • Fox Performance Suspension
  • Tow Hook Shackles
Seriously, she is not going to believe anything I could come up with for those goodies.

Now, don’t even try to justify a Dee Zee Tailgate Assist - you’ll be carrying her purse EVERYWHERE she goes!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

New here, been creeping for a few days. Looks like an entertaining spot, and have gotten some ideas for what to do to my truck.

I was just wondering if anyone had any fun stories on what they bought for their rig that made their other unhappy. Me... well, I bought the whole damn truck. I brought up that I wanted one (have a 98 ranger that is beat to death, and I missed a solid truck in my life), and my dad wanted to buy my VW. She didn't say no... so I took it as "sounds like a great idea." Next day, put the plan in motion. Two days later, picked up a 2020 ranger xlt fx4. I was, lets say, in the dog house. Took her and her kids camping the next weekend, and that seemed to get me out of it. She is on board now. Told her the seat covers I bought were to keep the seats clean from the kids. She has not noticed the Eibach box sitting in the garage yet. Lets see if I can get that on without her noticing. Playing with fire on this one.

What have you bought or done with your truck that made your other mad? Or what are you hiding?
Hi Matt,

Both Margie and I were trapped in long term first marriages. In both cases...there were lies...hidden things etc. We are honest with each other...there is no hiding packages etc. Everything is open on the table face up. This hiding things from a spouse is very common but Margie and I are open about things...If I order a non California water restrictor for our faucet in the kitchen as I refuse to submit to California "water restrictors", Margie knows before the package arrives. If she orders $100 in new color artist paints...she tells me or even better she has me order as I can usually beat the prices for this stuff.

When she is "hit upon" she tells me and same with me. We laugh at our age about this...

Hallmark of our marriage is Honesty....

Done preaching... Off to the flame proof bunker.

Best,
Phil

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
You guys are doing it wrong, you buy them all the small things they want and need. Then randomly pick up stuff in the store you want, but put it back and say something like. "Ill get it some other time, we need make sure you have this first." My wife now just says please get it if you want it, you always pass on things you want. Well ok........................... If you insist babe. :crackup:

Truthfully, its really like that, but not on purpose. I will end putting stuff back to get her something she wants or needs. She will try and talk me out of it, but I rather her have what she needs. When I do want or see something, it actually makes her happy I get it. Balance and Respect.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It be nice if my wife actually cares what I did...I'm not sure she know where I am in the house lol...

With 78K+ miles you're never there. How is she supposed to know what you're doing. lol ?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
How about a counter, when has your wife/GF bought something and you where like What The Heck???

Mcssls

After filing for divorce my ex saw I had ordered forward controls for my bike. She ran to the judge saying I violated the domestic order (she was unemployed for 5 years at that point) the judge laughed at her and granted the divorce then and there. I looked at her and told her to get the hell out of my house immediately.
Sponsored