Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Not me but a friend (now passed away).

He had an older Ford truck that was way past its prime and was often giving him problems. Woke up one Saturday morning and told his wife he was going out to get her a birthday present. On the way he passed the Chevy dealer. There was a truck sitting on the lot in front that was just what he had been wanting. He went in to talk about it and ended up buying it. Drove it around a bit and then went home to show it to her.

Without the birthday present.

She was not amused...
Serves him right for buying a Chevy!
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
It's not really what I did to make her mad... it's usually the other way around. My wife and I have have separate finances, and there are no questions asked.

But, my wife is an architect, and we are building a retirement home. And, she's a hoarder of stuff from old projects. Today, I had to dig out some cast iron baseboard heaters out of the shed to take to the new house. They've been in the shed for 10+ years, and now I have to drag them out and get them in the truck. I'm not as young as when I put them in the shed, so it was a chore. Then I had to figure out how to unbolt the sections to get them to fit in the truck.

Long story short. I was not happy and couldn't understand why we just can't buy new. Of course new is hundreds of dollars, and free is free, but that's not the point!

They will be in the truck and going to the new house. Naturally. I am wrong, and she is right. As always. :)

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Long story short. I was not happy and couldn't understand why we just can't buy new. Of course new is hundreds of dollars, and free is free, but that's not the point!
Thing is, your time has a cost and/or a value as well.
Although she won't see it that way, she only sees that Tom works for free.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
Wife is paying for truck. I drive it... Every accessory is explained with the... 'You'll see why when...' ... She's never opened the tailgate ...still grt cr.p for a 10 buck damper... She does agree with the cover, liner, mud flaps and nerf bars... Go figure it works well for a couple thousand in accessories and the cheapest thing is a snafu.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My wife calls my Ranger my addiction, I call it my hobby.
She does like the AMP power steps being lower ?
But has not gotten used to them popping out when you open the door.?
Hopefully it never cracks her in the shins! ?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My wife calls my Ranger my addiction, I call it my hobby.
My late cousin was a hard-core gearhead and collector of old Chevys. His wife looks at it as he doesn't spend any more on cars than if he had a hunting camp or fishing boat and the cars are always worth more than he paid for them. He passed away last month from cancer but now his wife can sell the cars and have a nice nest egg.
Sponsored