First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Follow up any issue with the pro cal program seeing home network? Any attempt to open leads to an alert that no network is detected, even when plugged straight in with Ethernet cable.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Follow up any issue with the pro cal program seeing home network? Any attempt to open leads to an alert that no network is detected, even when plugged straight in with Ethernet cable.
Pro Cal gets connected to the PC via USB cable

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
USB is in but the software installed is not seeing a network and therefore not allowing me to update the actual unit. Running windows 8

FordRager420

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
marketing d00d
Not really it's about half the hp and half the tq. Plus with the Livernois tune you get 5 tunes to try and see which one you like. Biggest drawback is there's no warranty so if that's important to you I would stick with the Ford tune. It's a good tune and will improve the truck over being stock.
I decided to go FPP simply because of the warranty concerns - it's my first new truck and I want it to be faster but I also don't want it to blow up on me should something stupid happen (stupid things happen to me often). Once the warranty period is up I'll probably move to something more aggressive like the Livernois

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I decided to go FPP simply because of the warranty concerns - it's my first new truck and I want it to be faster but I also don't want it to blow up on me should something stupid happen (stupid things happen to me often). Once the warranty period is up I'll probably move to something more aggressive like the Livernois
That's a good safe choice. You will still get a good hp/tq gain and better responsiveness with the FPT. We already had one member who threw a rod and Ford didn't cover it because they listed the cause as "mods" which was BS so no need to take any chances on your first new truck. Let us know how you like it once you get it installed.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good safe choice. You will still get a good hp/tq gain and better responsiveness with the FPT. We already had one member who threw a rod and Ford didn't cover it because they listed the cause as "mods" which was BS so no need to take any chances on your first new truck. Let us know how you like it once you get it installed.
With FPT safe enough to
1623368440101.png

With Livernois makes it like

1623368849181.png

Get some!:LOL:

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
With FPT safe enough to
1623368440101.png

With Livernois makes it like

1623368849181.png

Get some!:LOL:
Knock yourself out. With the Ford tune I have good performance, good economy, good shifting, good sport mode and I can tow. And I have a warranty. No brainer.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Knock yourself out. With the Ford tune I have good performance, good economy, good shifting, good sport mode and I can tow. And I have a warranty. No brainer.
That is why I did the same thing. Ford tune installed by dealer. Only charged an hrs labor, so worth it to me.

20210507_094133.jpg

20210503_093542.jpg

doctormario

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Software Engineer
I didn't find much trying to find more information about the software regarding this specific issue. So the only suggestions I have are:

1) Run the application as an admin
2) Disable your windows firewall
3) The docs do say it should run on windows 7 and newer, but I'd try on windows 10 if you can

Reactions: Doc
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Update: Logged on via work wi-fi with no issues. My guess is a firewall restriction on my network. Looking forward to the 30 mile trip home to break it in. I've heard keeping relatively tame until proper "relearning" is a good idea?

Reactions: Doc

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
Update: Logged on via work wi-fi with no issues. My guess is a firewall restriction on my network. Looking forward to the 30 mile trip home to break it in. I've heard keeping relatively tame until proper "relearning" is a good idea?
Yeah after i installed mine i didnt hot rod it it seemed to take about 3 days for mine to fully kick in driving back and forward from work about 40 miles a day
Sponsored