Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
HELLO " ANYBODY OUT THERE " ?
Are you asking for updates on people having problems?

My oil level problem went away early luckily for me. I sent in a sample so it will probably be about a month before I get the results to share.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Are you asking for updates on people having problems?

My oil level problem went away early luckily for me. I sent in a sample so it will probably be about a month before I get the results to share.
Yeah I was wondering if all problems seem to disappear, haven't heard anything. Of course I know people waiting for parts are an issue now,with all the shortage problems we're having now. My problem is staying about the same level around the top hole.My last Blackstone sample was 5.8% sent another off to Oil Analyzers that came back 5% with about 250 more miles on the oil than the Blackstone sample!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Right....I'm very disappointed in ford not being more aggressive with this an from what I've read the worse cases deserve a new motor an the old one investigated.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Yeah I was wondering if all problems seem to disappear, haven't heard anything. Of course I know people waiting for parts are an issue now,with all the shortage problems we're having now. My problem is staying about the same level around the top hole.My last Blackstone sample was 5.8% sent another off to Oil Analyzers that came back 5% with about 250 more miles on the oil than the Blackstone sample!
Jim, still using 5W40?

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I have a 2019 which has about 20,000 miles on it and by the 5,000 mile old change interval I use it’ll work it’s way a bit above the top hole and smell like gas. I do quite a few short trips in a colder climate so that probably effects it somewhat. It’s a leased vehicle and I have less then a year left on the lease so I am not worried about addressing the issue. The funny thing is I just got back from an 850 mile round trip road trip with about 4,800 miles on the oil and the level actually went down a little bit. I am getting the oil changed next week anyhow and I will have to see how full they fill it. I haven’t paid attention to that before.

Mike C.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Education
Mine is stabilized around the top hole. It might be 3/16 above the top hole with 200 miles on the oil. I took off the catch can to see if there is a difference. I have notices that there is less of a gas smell around the truck. I wonder if the catch can reduces the efficiencies of PVC system in removing the volatiles from the oil. I will post again in a few hundred to see if there is a difference.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Catch can on DI engine isn't something I would do, personally. Not the common catch can design, anyway. To actually catch "blow by contaminate" in a DI engine (especially those with lower viscosity oils), you will need to foam filter the vacuum line to condense and catch the thinner oil. The common design for a catch can is either a piece of steel wool or nothing at all except a bypass. The difference between a foam filter design and the standard design on my Tahoe was huge, and that is an engine that actually needs a catch can due to a valve cover design flaw. Our engines really do not and you're achieving nothing with one installed.

What's making it to the intake in DI engines with high-pressure fuel systems is diluted (thin) oil. That'll burn off without an issue and potentially even clean the back of the valves if you let your engine ring out from time to time. The current catch can options for the Ranger are a no-go for me.

Last edited:

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Got it back.. They changed the HPFP and said come back in 1500 for an oil check..
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG
Yeah a half a quart of fuel in the oil, that guy who said nothing to see here I wonder how he would like to ride around with a half a quart of fuel in his oil. Mine had a HPFP change because the level was up to the twist. Helped but still rises to the top hole. This is an issue ( NOT NOTHING TO SEE HERE)!

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I got my oil analysis back from blackstone and I have 2.8 fuel dilution at 3,803 miles on the oil. I also have high silicon, aluminum and potassium.

should I be worried about those elevated levels?

2CEFDEC2-5BF5-46AF-8A08-073DABECCE2E.png

Last edited:

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
I got my oil analysis back from blackstone and I have 2.8 fuel dilution at 3,803 miles on the oil. I also have high silicon, aluminum and potassium.

should I be worried about those elevated levels?

2CEFDEC2-5BF5-46AF-8A08-073DABECCE2E.png
Not in my opinion anything to worry about. I've sent in a total of five samples to blackstone and the five average out to 2.8 dilution. If you feel like it you can go back through this thread as I've posted all my sample tests. I too am no longer going to worry about this issue and just drive my truck. I do love my truck.
Sponsored