micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
So this is the other One Touch Windows/Auto Fold Mirror Module thread.

I just installed the TRAC Electronics version of these modules.
Auto Window & Mirror Module Suits left hand drive Ford Ranger Lariat <----CRAP - link is dead and it appears they don't offer this anymore! ??
UPDATE 10/27/21 - they may bring back support for the LH Drive market! Nothing definitive, but keep checking their site. https://tracelectronics.com.au/ Probably looking at months, not weeks.

This one is an all in one module that is 100% plug n play, no splices, no taps.
I used Ethan's @WLFPIR8 TRAC module install video as a guide along with TRAC's install directions. Was really pretty easy and the results are awesome.
NOTE: The upper most clip on the armrest trim is very easily broken! I broke the 1st one. What I found that works is to remove all the others and then come in from the top(by the door latch) with a trim removal tool.

IF you have issues after a while with the drivers window going back down see this POST
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I made a quick user guide - an abbreviated version of TRAC's guide. I plan to print it small, laminate and attach to my key fob until I can remember how it works.
Updated 7/25 as I have learned how to use it
1627252101456.png

Last edited:

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Is this for only Europe trucks?

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Did you just order from above site, and how much in US dollars?

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I made a quick user guide - an abbreviated version of TRAC's guide. I plan to print it small, laminate and attach to my key fob until I can remember how it works.
View attachment 81081
Any idea if there's a reliable windows only module, already have folding mirrors switched at dash or does this auto fold them and override the dash? I usually Only fold in carwash

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if there's a reliable windows only module, already have folding mirrors switched at dash or does this auto fold them and override the dash? I usually Only fold in carwash
You have to have that switch to make use of this module.
When you lock the truck the module folds the mirrors in and rolls the windows up, among other things as shown in the cheat sheet you quoted.
This will also make all your windows auto up/down from the drivers switches.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
You have to have that switch to make use of this module.
When you lock the truck the module folds the mirrors in and rolls the windows up, among other things as shown in the cheat sheet you quoted.
This will also make all your windows auto up/down from the drivers switches.
I have been wondering if the autofold by the module can be overridden and disabled by the dash switch? I fully intend on buying this module but it would be beneficial where I live to have the ability to disable, to prevent damage due to ice during the winter at times.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I have been wondering if the autofold by the module can be overridden and disabled by the dash switch? I fully intend on buying this module but it would be beneficial where I live to have the ability to disable, to prevent damage due to ice during the winter at times.
You got me curious
Here is what happens when:
Truck is ON and you push fold button.
Mirror folds in, turn truck off and lock - The auto-fold feature does not engage and mirrors stay folded until car is ON and fold button is pressed to unfold.​
If you push the fold button after turning truck off - nothing happens and auto-fold works as usual. When you turn the truck back on the mirrors will fold.

Hope that helps

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just wanted to give a shout-out to TRAC Electronics for their GREAT tech support. I bought the unit last year and tried to install it in October, but it refused to work (most likely, something I messed up). But it was getting cold here in Minnesota and working outside was not pleasant so I buttoned up the door and said it will have to wait till spring.

Well spring came a couple weeks ago and I tried again... no joy.

Pinged Trac tech support with the sign & symptoms and they go back to me FAST with diagnostic steps, still no folding or up/down action.

They said we're sending you a new unit and wiring harness WITHOUT me asking.

It arrived Saturday, I plugged, it played... all is good!!

Will always recommend TRAC Electronics, not just for coll products but the way they handled a unusual situation.

Thanks TRAC Electronics

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
View attachment 81081
micI9... great tool... please elaborate on these 2:
1624317582801.png

They seem the same... or is that press lock once, pause and press it again to get the windows to go up?? Thanks.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
micI9... great tool... please elaborate on these 2:
1624317582801.png

They seem the same... or is that press lock once, pause and press it again to get the windows to go up?? Thanks.
It is confusing - sorry. I tried to show it was different with the added column.
After you do unlock-lock-unlock, if you hit lock Again truck will lock, mirrors fold in and windows remain down. If you hit lock again, windows role up *and truck remains locked with mirrors folded in).
Does that help?

The key is it remembers what keys have been hit since ign turned off. I am not sure if its long term memory, ie never forgets, or resets after a time of inactivity.

I am struggling with the lock-unlock-lock. If I do that combo after shutting the door, the windows stay up. If I hit lock, pause, lock-unlock-lock. It seems to work.
Sponsored